Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Korean Zombie hopped on a youtube live steam to say that he's going to fight Ortega (but this is not an official fight announcement). The date and location have not been set yet, but he says it will take place this year.

TKZ said he asked for Max or Volk, but UFC said no, he could only get Ortega, and Ortega has not yet agreed to the bout, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Korean Zombie hopped on a youtube live steam to say that he's going to fight Ortega (but this is not an official fight announcement). The date and location have not been set yet, but he says it will take place this year.

TKZ said he asked for Max or Volk, but UFC said no, he could only get Ortega, and Ortega has not yet agreed to the bout, apparently.

Of course they only want him to fight Ortega. Seems a bit contrived

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Whittaker v Cannonier in a title eliminator is a done deal for UFC 254, per ESPN

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

funny you say that:

Dana White posted:

“Well, here’s the thing,” White said. “Calvin Kattar just fought. Yair Rodriguez has a fight coming up. (Korean) ‘Zombie’ has a fight coming up. Ortega and Zabit – all of these guys are going to fight in the next couple of months here. We’ll see how that all plays out. It’s hard to not say we can give Max a rematch for that fight again – do it a third time. I think all of the fans and the media would agree with that. I don’t know for sure.”

'No, TKZ definitely can't fight Max, he's got a fight coming up, everyone's booked, there's just no choice but to have Max fight for the belt again'

they invested enough marketing money behind Holloway that they're going to keep running this fight back until he wins and then Volkanovski will be fighting, like, Arnold Allen

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holloway vs Volkanovski 3 will not be either fighter's next fight (not saying it won't ever happen down the road), should this be wrong I will eat a sixer with a picture of Holloway's submission loss to Porier, or Volkanovski's TKO loss to Corey Nelson, if someone can even find that, or both.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I was kinda unhappy with the results of the rematch and would love to see Max get another crack at the belt sometime but for the loving love of God do we really need to see two guys fight back to back three times? Max winning a close rematch would've been a nice set-up for a rubber match but goddamn he's (on paper) lost twice now, let the division move on.

Come to think of it, have two fighters ever fought three times in a row when one fighter lost both of the first two fights? That has to be a first.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

chaleski posted:

I was kinda unhappy with the results of the rematch and would love to see Max get another crack at the belt sometime but for the loving love of God do we really need to see two guys fight back to back three times? Max winning a close rematch would've been a nice set-up for a rubber match but goddamn he's (on paper) lost twice now, let the division move on.

Come to think of it, have two fighters ever fought three times in a row when one fighter lost both of the first two fights? That has to be a first.

None that come to mind immediately. Closest thing I can think of is the weird Tito/Ken trilogy, where Tito beat Ken in 2002 by corner stoppage, then they rematched in 06 with Tito winning by stoppage, then 3 months later they had the 3rd fight (hey, guess what? Ken lost that one by stoppage as well!)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/The_Real_GM3/status/1289679353773613057

I'll have a GDT up soonish for what's left of this card.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

chaleski posted:

Shogun/Nog
Nog/Herring
Nog/Fedor (kinda)
Rampage/Wand

JaySB fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 1, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Here's a thread, 9 fights tonight, start time in 25 minutes or so.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna write up an August thread. Just...give me another day. I'm on vacation and enjoying not doing anything.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LobsterMobster posted:

None that come to mind immediately. Closest thing I can think of is the weird Tito/Ken trilogy, where Tito beat Ken in 2002 by corner stoppage, then they rematched in 06 with Tito winning by stoppage, then 3 months later they had the 3rd fight (hey, guess what? Ken lost that one by stoppage as well!)

I’m feeling shades of Edgar/Maynard, but it’s too early and I’m too hung over to look up whether that series was a true rubber match. I do vaguely remember them clogging up 155 around 2012 or so.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I’m feeling shades of Edgar/Maynard, but it’s too early and I’m too hung over to look up whether that series was a true rubber match. I do vaguely remember them clogging up 155 around 2012 or so.

Maynard won the first, second fight was a draw and Edgar knocked him out in the third. So not a rubber match.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Edgar beat up bj 3 times

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
The decision in the first fight could've gone to Penn, but Penn's legendarily bizarre performance in the third fight was so ridiculous that it should probably count for three beatings on its own.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skjorte posted:

The decision in the first fight could've gone to Penn, but Penn's legendarily bizarre performance in the third fight was so ridiculous that it should probably count for three beatings on its own.

You take that back!
*advances in tip-toe mincing steps*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
August thread is up - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935274