Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Long Live Fight Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Southpaugh posted:

What Conor? - Barely counts, that was pure mystical energy mcgregor harnessed. He probably bribed the astrology commission or something. If you mean Max, well I'm not sure he IS a 155er, but losing to poirier at 155 could happen to anyone who isn't Khabib. Imagine how good Aldo could be with like, minimum weight cuts. The dudes towards the end of his career and he shouldn't be doing that poo poo to himself. He looks like a loving ghoul at 135. I just wanna see cowboy vs aldo ok. For tekken reasons.

I love me some Cowboy Cerrone fights but this one doesn't give me anyone to root for.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

I doubt Weidman is a USADA victim. He made his name on performing really well on short notice fights. I still think he's pretty talented. He just had a really rough run right when the MW division started popping off.

Weidman started to drop off when the IV re-hydration was outlawed. I don't think it was as much PED as that was a huge part of his weight cut and strategy.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

The iv ban wasnt to curtail weight cutting to make it safer. Saline is an effective masking agent for a range of PEDs and they can't detect saline in a blood test, but they can detect plastic particles from the drip equipment.

I mean I am an unabashed Wide Man Fan, but I really do not think he was on gear. I think he was just not able to cut weight and re-hydrate like he was before the IV ban.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

I agree with you on all points, wasn't refuting you. Just saying reinstating the IV ban won't happen due to changes in weight cut monitoring because the ban did not directly have anything to do with weight cutting.

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Forceholy posted:

Eh, Weidman was a bit overrated. Beating old Brazilian men and Kelvin Gastelum isn't that great of a resume.

:stare: