Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's some harsh poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mekchu posted:

Well the Gracies did literally used to go around Rio and "storm dojos" and beat up people who were teaching other martial arts because....reasons?

It's not a new thing for them to all be insane.

They have been waging a class and race war for decades. Oswaldo Fadda wasn't a punk bitch though and actually taught his students so they took home white, Gracie legs. It turned into BJJ vs Luta Livre where it was still mostly white vs black/rich vs poor.

Also, that whole "Where's your jiu jitsu now playboy?" thing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There are establishments that let drunk white dudes get in the ring with Thai boxers does that count?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lid posted:

Kenny Florian was held up as an intellectual because he went to College and got a bachelors degree in *checks notes* COMMUNICATIONS?!

Then he plagiarized poo poo from other fight analysts.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

You're the only one who cares about this stuff.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

The entire main card is safe.

That isn't exactly true.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought it was Machida vs Dollaway.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Remember when Aldo was too big for featherweight and Joe Rogan was perpetually amazed that he could make 45 and Aldo was planning to move up and be a pretty big lightweight?

He'd be faster than lightweights, his footwork and takedown defense would insulate him from the big wrestlers and he might have more than 3 rounds of cardio. It is so bizarre he chose to cut more. It's also weird how loving good he is when he is obviously aged and depleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I’m feeling shades of Edgar/Maynard, but it’s too early and I’m too hung over to look up whether that series was a true rubber match. I do vaguely remember them clogging up 155 around 2012 or so.

Maynard won the first, second fight was a draw and Edgar knocked him out in the third. So not a rubber match.