Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

One of the reasons our UFC threads are so good is I never see the term "casual" thrown around like an insult the way I do in literally every other terrible mma discussion outside of here
Expecting everyone to have some crazy understanding of martial arts and needing a verbal resume ready just to talk about mma is the worst part about mma. Goons or guys at my gym only for the sake of my own sanity.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gkh02ILDk
Smesh

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Hollandia posted:

Didn't Wide Man get spinal fusion surgery? I'd be interested to know where that figures in the timeline of his decline.

According to this article he pulled out from UFC 199 (June 2016) because he couldn't even properly relieve the pain anymore and got surgery shortly after, planning to fight again with a 12 week turnaround from the surgery. The article also says other athletes who underwent the same/similar surgery it's more of a 9-12 month thing. So the only fight he's had before the surgery that he lost, his loss to Rockhold at UFC 194 (Dec 2015), and I don't think it's unrealistic to assume his back could have already been compromised during that fight. His first fight after the surgery was Romero's flying knee at UFC 210 (April 2017). His decline kind of seems to line up with the surgery/emergence of issues.

Zomblified fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 30, 2020