Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Memento posted:

Did anyone say Giant Villante yet?

I called him Gian Big Country Villante in the GDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fedor v Bigfoot.

E:

“We believe that forbidden psychological technology was used… It seems to us that not everything was right, and that certain technologies were used. Not ones that could be seen by the naked eye but psychological technologies that worked on both fighters at a distance,”

“That is why during the fight Fedor was just not like himself. It seemed very strange behaviour from Fedor. He stepped into the ring and did everything exactly the opposite of what we practiced before the fight. We were all shocked! Fedor had never previously done such a thing.

“Now nearly a week passes, everything settles, and we understand why all this happened.”

Voronov also observed with suspicion the fact that Fedor seemed to look “a little depressed” while Silva “literally glowed from the overflowing of his energy”. Voronov suspects the use of a person or persons in the audience capable of “blocking energy” and “transferring energy from one person to another”.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love that Felder is just stunned with his jaw dropped. Rogan calmly says "out cold" while Anik is going bonkers and Felder sits there with jaw agape.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

190-170 is an almost 10% bodyweight cut. Isn’t 5-10% what most people end up cutting on fight week anyways?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nis posted:

pissing 20 lbs of weight away sounds pretty bad

10% bodyweight cuts are not really extreme. That's pretty standard. I used to work with a professional bodybuilder and his show cuts are essentially the same as prizefight cutting. You basically trick your body into constantly pissing and that sheds weight like crazy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike Brown was in someone's corner at the last UFC iirc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think rather than attempting to draw a foul, it is more that he has to move or the fight gets stopped. He definitely was hosed up and has probably trained that in the worst scenario you have to still keep moving to keep the fight going. A lot of fighters do the head back and forth when getting pounded from turtle for that reason. The potential to draw a foul is just a bonus not the goal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That ag teacher is what you see in the dictionary next to corn fed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skjorte posted:

I'm not familiar with McKee, but it was cool seeing his reaction when he found out he had to go to Fight Island. Hopefully he lives to tell the tale and can get a proper camp for his next one: https://twitter.com/JakeJonesMMA/status/1284816662240387072

I think this guy is just getting set up to give chimeav more highlights.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was one of the rare fights where the person on bottom was doing significantly more than the person on top on the ground. Esparza was nearly finished in rd 1 after a nasty elbow from the bottom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Giblert much like his horse faced compatriot can only win when juicing, and even then they never reached the top.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Memento posted:

As bad a fall as post-USADA Johny Hendricks? No. But a fall, nonetheless.

Bigg Rigg was such an anomaly. A guy like shields or giblert has a certain amount of natural talent that shines through even without gear. They just needed juice to hang with the best in the world (who were also juicing).

Johny fell so hard without juice that his last couple of UFC fights were punctuated by him buring his head in crotches to avoid strikes before getting knocked out by an adult film actor in a z-league bareknuckle boxing league. At least he dealt with the fitch problem.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommonShore posted:

As much as I'm in favour of trashing Jake Shields has he ever actually popped? I know he had one fight turned over to a no-contest for what sounded like a dressing room violation.

He popped for a masking agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I want to see him fight real competition and see how he does when he faces someone he can't just takedown. He could be as good as Khabib, but he's got a long way to go to prove that.