Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Clearly this is a false flag. There is no mention of bath salts or pet alligators.

You have admin access to twitter and can't think of anything better to do with it than a bitcoin scam? Bath salts are implied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

shame on an IGA posted:

You have admin access to twitter and can't think of anything better to do with it than a bitcoin scam? Bath salts are implied.

You could realistically cause a nuclear war with the access that kid had.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Its probably fair to say that these two have personally caused a citywide lockdown.

My genius former unit had a positive case but didn't release a name or do any contact tracing whatsoever. My roommates still are there. So we definitely have had it without knowing by now.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

piL posted:

I know opening schools is a bad idea, but since schools are our country's closest relative to child care and nutrition subsidy, I have sympathies for those placed in the ideological DMZ of "I need someone to take care of my child so I can work to feed them and they can learn what they need for a productive future" and "I need them to avoid contracting a deadly communicable disease."

The only people sending their kids to school will be the people who have to physically go to work, anyone working from home is saying gently caress that. So the working class people already at the most risk get yet more risk thrown on the pile. And they won't have a choice because everything is dysfunctional.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, everybody. This is a real thing.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1289230088014147586

:ironicat:

This Administration is just a bad fever dream, right?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yes, but it's God's fever dream so we're stuck with it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

You could realistically cause a nuclear war with the access that kid had.

With that kind of access, monitizing it via a Bitcoin scam was so underwhelming I figured the Bitcoin thing was just a distraction from whatever the real objective was. But no, I guess it just was an idiot all along. Hope that kid doesn't have to spend decades in prison for something so incredibly dumb.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PMURT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

PookBear posted:

yeah they sit really low in the water, they're more similar to a surfaced submarine than an actual boat. The rear hatch is nearly 100% underwater and the only way out is through the turret

Man, fuuuuuuuuck that poo poo :stare:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I'm the oscillating fan on the tarmac

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Meanwhile, Brisbane is about to go to hell.
Two geniuses lied about where they'd been, popped hot a week after, and have been refusing to aid authorities with contact tracing efforts. They also went out drinking after being tested, while waiting for their results. There has been one positive case recorded already and they've released a contact tracing list of his movements, but they are still in the dark about where else it might hit.

Its probably fair to say that these two have personally caused a citywide lockdown.

It's possible the reason that they lied about their location was because they were in Melbourne to steal handbags - the false names etc were because they didn't want to get arrested for theft, not because they wanted to evade the COVID tracking:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-31/coronavirus-queensland-logan-cases-diana-lasu-family/12507852

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Two geniuses lied about where they'd been, popped hot a week after, and have been refusing to aid authorities with contact tracing efforts. They also went out drinking after being tested, while waiting for their results. There has been one positive case recorded already and they've released a contact tracing list of his movements, but they are still in the dark about where else it might hit.

Is it bad that because these people knowingly defied public health regulations, that I think they should be charged with murder if anyone dies from them, and assault if anyone is hospitalized and lives?

There needs to be a law to enforce public health regulations during a declared pandemic. Lol at that getting passed at the federal level in the US though. Maybe states will do it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

El Mero Mero posted:

I'm the oscillating fan on the tarmac

I'm the unnecessary crowd control tape fluttering in the wind uselessly

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pikehead posted:

It's possible the reason that they lied about their location was because they were in Melbourne to steal handbags - the false names etc were because they didn't want to get arrested for theft, not because they wanted to evade the COVID tracking:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-31/coronavirus-queensland-logan-cases-diana-lasu-family/12507852

I come for the handbags, and stay for loving over an entire city

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pikehead posted:

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

Thats a fair old seeding

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I think that's more places than I've been in the 3 months.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

A guy I went to HS with went to this. He’s 300lbs and has 1 kidney. A friend of mine sent me the screen shot of his FB, not a mask in sight there. I’m assuming I’ll be hearing he’s going on a ventilator in the coming weeks.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1289358246541553664

uhhhhh

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In Tales From The Dystopia:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1289389450896711681

I mean, TikTok is kind of a security nightmare with the web of Chinese semi-state ownership, but

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1289390133192667137

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If people think tiktok is a security and privacy nightmare harvesting user data for nefarious purposes, wait till they find out about the rest of the internet

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
One doesn't make the other meaningless.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lmao yes hopefully we can get your job squared away for you

:nallears:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lmao yes hopefully we can get your job squared away for you

Wind your neck back in please. Covid has everyone wound up, and the Trump admin isn't helping that one bit, but lets not be evil to each other, ok?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

Thats a fair old seeding

Well, they were nothing, if not thorough. :cripes:

gently caress those guys.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, everybody. This is a real thing.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1289230088014147586

:ironicat:

McEnany has exactly two plays:

1. Identify where the question is going, flip open her book of :mensch:-answers and read off whatever pre-cooked bullshit she has in there
2. When there's no pre-cooked answer available under 1.): respond with complete disdain and utter contempt at the "audacity" of a "dishonest" question being asked

And - hilariously enough - this constitutes a higher level of preparation than what Trump can muster

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My kid sister has something like 950K followers on Tik Tok. I don't loving get it either.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

TikTok is just the 2020 version of Vine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I took some blurry video of my neighbor's crazy girlfriend showing up nude and spraying his Tahoe with whipped cream and a friend managed to get a few hundred thousand views out of it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Fallom posted:

I took some blurry video of my neighbor's crazy girlfriend showing up nude and spraying his Tahoe with whipped cream and a friend managed to get a few hundred thousand views out of it

Lol I saw that video

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

gently caress, is it really August already?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just wait until you see 2021!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Lol I saw that video

Same.

Was it really yours Fallom? :lol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I don't know what this dude's deal is. He seems like a decent guy but he's got tinfoil over all his windows, lives with his mom, and every few weeks this chick shows up to honk her horn, scream at him, and ram her new SUV into the back of his busted up Tahoe.

One night he smashed up her headlight with a tire iron but as far as I'm concerned she started it

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 1, 2020

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
New thread for August: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935061&perpage=40&noseen=1#post506943335

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just wait until you see 2021!
Biden is going to win, but it'll turn out that all the concerns about his fitness for office were well-founded and the folks around him had just been knowingly driving him forward to further their own careers. Meanwhile, the much-hyped GOP civil war will be a wet fart with the ultra-fascist wing winning immediately. Then they'll hypocritically blame Biden and the Dems for both the recession and continuing pandemic and the goldfish-minded public will eat it up.

Prove me wrong, 2021 :colbert: