Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hope everyone's having a happy April 91st.

Five minutes in and I'm OK so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

It predates that by hundreds of years. The fasces in many legislatures going back to the romans is what the magistrate or sgt at arms used to show power and demand you settle down or stop trying to cane someone to death in the senate or whatever. Kind of of like a judge’s gavel. Mussolini with his love of anything Roman used it as a symbol of state power a lot which gave rise to the fascist term.

There’s some youth sports league around here that has an eagle on top of a Capitol dome and I always have to look at it for a moment when I’m behind a car with the bumper sticker.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Spoggerific posted:

I was under the impression no one knew where she was. There's no way they didn't realize she was hanging out in New Hampshire, right? Were they just giving her enough time to clean up any evidence and then waiting to arrest her for when they needed a distraction from something like the Russian bounties story? Does thinking this make me a conspiracy theorist?

She was almost certainly moving around and crashing at friends' houses or getting proxies to rent hotel rooms and short term rentals like airbnb for her to stay in. Friends wouldn't rat her out while she was with them and all it takes is a wig and a hat to get into a hotel without being recognized. Plus was there a reward or anything out for her? If not that makes it even less likely for her to be detected, let alone reported, by anyone not personally involved in the whole thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Florida Men rise up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lol owned.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

watch trump start a loving forest fire

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think that may a be a lovely right wing smutnews but they're live.

It is, I suggest adblock the chat window.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bengy81 posted:

I know a few dudes who drool over your gov, because she believes in "constitutional carry."

I still don't know exactly what that is, but same dudes have grand kids, even though they are in their early 40's, so maybe I'm better off not knowing.

SD is a gorgeous state, too bad it's full of goddamn morons

2a stuff that basically means everyone can concealed carry with no additional permit required if they don't fall in one of the typical "can't have a gun at all" categories.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If the Kojima tweet was current I’m not sure which of the two would be more alarming.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Eej posted:

The video of the collision is all over the place and it's hosed up so be careful

Seconding this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Greek orgs are shitstains and only exist because Animal House came out in the summer just before people went to school. The fraternity and sorority systems of today are literally cast in the mold of that film.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

quote:

Hipkins said the hotel was a managed isolation facility, not a "maximum security prison".

This is how you get them turned into prisons. :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Do you think they can be countered with inverse sine waves like noise cancelling headphones use? Seems dumb, but then again you can defeat thermal with a cold blanket or window.

Theoretically yes in a controlled setting but practically you’d end up canceling the incoming wave at a few small volumes in your body and having no effect in the real world. Headphones can do it because the only part they have to care about is the eardrum, and that’s going to be at a known position relative to the headphone emitter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

Wait till pigs get their hands on these. They use 95GHz RF energy to heat the top layer of your skin to over 130F, which makes you think your skin is on fire, and in fact can burn you. In human volunteer tests, nobody could tolerate more than about 5 seconds of exposure. While it's classed as a non-lethal weapon that cannot permanently harm someone, imagine shooting someone with glasses, or a tattoo. Since this weapon penetrates clothing, it can heat a tattoo to the point that it releases large amounts of toxic chemicals into the subject's body, and eyeglasses have the potential to focus the RF beam to a point that could severely burn the eyes/eyelids.

Imagine this deployed against those people who were trapped up against that fence in those earlier protests.

The DOD did not deploy these weapons in Iraq or Afghanistan because of fear that locals would consider the weapon a form of torture, and the weapons would potentially be in violation of the rules of war.

If they start burning citizens it makes it pretty fair for citizens to burn cops. :supaburn:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

which of the 10 thousand 40k games is this from, looks almost like its worth playing

Lol

Avoid GW. They’re an exploitative company that fully leans into the xenophobic misogynistic fascism of their fictional Empire/Imperium. Anyone who remembered that it used to be satire is long gone from the company.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gaj posted:

Im seriously confused am I that internet famous or am I joke archtype?

you love to see it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loving gross.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Yeah this is gonna get a bunch of unemployed chuds whooped up one weekend to go beating up on immigrants.

Or some dipshit unhappy with his steak takes it on himself to do a raid on the kitchen.

I’d be interested to hear what privileges and responsibilities come with the Junior G-Man Badge here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ManMythLegend posted:

Grant Imahara, of Mythbusters fame, died today. :(

Oh no. :( Brain aneurism out of left loving field.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

Lol the USA loving SUCKS. Our ravenous horde of larping conservative shitpumps are going to drag the standing world hegemon down into the dumpster fire of history

This is going to be looked back on as the event where the US permanently ceded its overall global dominance to China.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

LOL, even in non-Covid times, I know I'd likely fail the precise date question if I've not been prompted by having to sign and date something beforehand. It's the date I have the thing on my calendar for, that's all I know, that's all I really need to know.

They have you do the date at the very top of the test and the administrator is supposed to make sure you filled it out correctly before you start so you have that recent reminder. If that’s the only thing you mess up or you say “June” when you took the test July 1 it’s not a big deal anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress, Novoselic??

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

brains posted:

the fact that this isn't the standard for any politician media appearance is my main issue with the media today. that and opinion articles, good lord do i loving despise opinions and editorials.

:lmao: at reading an opinion piece or editorial in 2020.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Surprised that motherfucker has seen the inside of a museum.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whose payroll do you think he's on

Wasn’t a federal hit since the shooter was wearing a uniform. On the other hand, the judge survived so who knows.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

happy monday, the fix is in:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1285249452626923521

So this guy waits five years to get revenge by disguising himself as a fedex driver, does it four days after the judge takes This Case, then shoots himself in his car, with a fedex package addressed to the judge in the passenger seat.

:chaostrump:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

If Tiffany died I'd feel bad for her because nobody else cared.

She campaigned for him so she can eat poo poo too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm researching smilies as part of the labeling effort to make them more searchable and found a current event from 11 years ago, we have a photo of our very own McNally in a post from 17 July 2009:

Midjack fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 21, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

brains posted:

ehhh could we maybe not dig up personal pictures and details people posted 11 years ago in the july 2020 current events thread? i realize it's all out there but still, feels kinda gross.

Sure, done.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Apparently he's just reading poo poo, so it's a NEW TONE!!!!

Note: this is before any Q&A so lol

Edit: WAT https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1285689059831099392?s=19

Shout out to Maxwell was something he definitely needed to include. :chaostrump:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

There's rumors floating around now that they're being "evicted" as of Friday, though it's hard to imagine on what grounds, and I always thought stuff like repossessing diplomatic property was hellaciously difficult to (legally) do anyway. (I'm assuming the Chinese government owns/built the consulate and isn't just renting a building.)

It’s much easier to simply kick the people out of the country and leave an empty building that they still own rather than seize the property outright. I think the State Department has responsibilities to protect diplomatic properties when they’re empty.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah this is definitely going to be excellent and certainly not going to inflame anything.

Bored As gently caress posted:

WHY CAN'T SHE JUST GO AWAY

gently caress

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Much as I would love to see the US Federal Gestapo Service get shithoused courtesy of local police there’s no way local cops are going to interfere with the US Federal Gestapo Service doing what the local cops wish they could except maybe to ask the US Federal Gestapo Service how they can get in on it.

Blink and you’ll miss it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

How DARE they carry and/or use something that will moderately aid them in not being injured by our criminal overuse of tear gas and rubber bullets!

kenny cooch is a god drat fuckface.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Hahahah there goes the RNC!

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1286413536827191303?s=19

It's just NOW dawning on him how completely hosed he is.

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ded posted:

Why has it taken until 2020 to do this?
Nobody cared enough until it became a way to attract voters in an election year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The doc's learning first hand how lovely the american people are. He almost made it through with his faith intact

I would not be surprised if he retires and relocates to go help a country that will actually listen to him.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Meshka posted:

It is a possibility, but if you assume that the Navy pilots are not lying, then the objects moved tens of miles instantaneously with no exhaust on the object. That defies our knowledge of physics and is not something Lockheed or Darpa came up with. That kind of technology is not the next step in our aviation technology, it is many factors above that. I do not believe it is possible that the objects are human made.

:freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

Jeffrey hasn't yanked the taxman's credentials yet?

That’s probably a bad idea until the sale fully goes through unless Jeffrey wants to eat a lawsuit.