Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette lost last month's poll
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 211 46.27%
Bowsette, but a SUPER horny version to piss more people off 126 27.63%
vTuber Bowsette (Also horny) 51 11.18%
Kirby, but sexy like Bowsette 41 8.99%
Bowser 27 5.92%
Total: 456 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Another day, another S-Rank in Streets of Rage 4! This one was a lot fairer than Old Pier or Chinatown where you 100% need at least 2 OOTW combos to clear it, was able to get by with a little sloppiness toward the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Peyq4kv-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh hell, it is July. that's traumatic.

I still don't have an option to punch Duncan in the face in SR: HK yet

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Duncan is good and my friend. Hong Kong has one of my favorite RPG parties, Is0bel didn't leave as much of an impression as the rest but she was cool too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reposting for July

Infinitum posted:

:siren: DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE FREE BOARD GAMES? :siren:

GMT Games is just straight up giving away free board games

How to claim:
1.) Send an email to: a_curtis at sbcglobal dot net
2.) Include “proof or explanation of your job loss" since March 15.
3.) Select which instock games you would like
- 2 games if you're in the US
- 1 game if you're international
- Imperial Struggle is the only excluded game!
4.) They will ship you free goddamn games. :slick:
5.) Don't be a fuckwit and claim a game if you still have a job

Honestly this is super super generous of them. I'd crack onto Twilight Struggle if you've ever wanted it, because that shits sure to go fast. Make sure to grab something for the strategy/wargame nerd in your life (Especially if that nerd is you)
Real coffee.. from the hills of COLOMBIAAAAAAAA

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

so do you have an alarm set or

the alarm is the realization that i did not post in the june thread, which is very alarming

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (of what was formerly the Harvest Moon franchises) is coming out July 10th and I am psyched!! One of my absolute favourite games, can't wait to revisit it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
New details are out for the new paper mario game, the game is looking much much better than I expected, I'm actually now back to being hype for the game:-

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2020/06/30/a-new-crease-on-life-nintendo-shares-insight-on-paper-marios-latest-adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAb6uncGpY

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Now would be the time for a 'return to form' paper Mario game, since there are now no Mario RPG games left

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That guy in the thumbnail looks like a real nerd

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Start thinking about your GotFHotY list!

Mine:

1. Hitman 2
2. Monster Train
3. Path of Exile
4. Hand of Fate 2
5. Animal Crossing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ground floor

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the july game of the month is Tales of Berseria

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's official

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I really feel like not only should Warframe be on that list of Canadian titles in the OP, but it also has fairly high odds of being played.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

professor metis posted:

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (of what was formerly the Harvest Moon franchises) is coming out July 10th and I am psyched!! One of my absolute favourite games, can't wait to revisit it.

aa get hyped!!!! i'm real glad that the remake's gonna have some qol that the og game didn't have, like more than 3 slots total for your starting bag :v:

and now im getting excited for a ds cute remake with better bachelors and same sex relationships...!! :pray:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Duncan is good and my friend. Hong Kong has one of my favorite RPG parties, Is0bel didn't leave as much of an impression as the rest but she was cool too.

Duncan was the single most boring character in HK for me. I permanently stuck him in the Boring Party Member Holding Cell with Jacob Taylor.

Racter 4 Lyfe.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

New details are out for the new paper mario game, the game is looking much much better than I expected, I'm actually now back to being hype for the game:-

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2020/06/30/a-new-crease-on-life-nintendo-shares-insight-on-paper-marios-latest-adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAb6uncGpY
it doesn't really seem that different from sticker star/color splash except for the shift away from 'stages'. and stages weren't the issue with those games

alphadream dying means that mario as a jrpg is basically a dead concept and i have to just accept it :|

this is a puzzle game with a lot of story, which is fine (i actually had an ok time with sticker star in that context, though it still wasn't great), but i think the series would improve if they stopped peeling at the bandaid and just ripped it off, and took battles out entirely

e: does anyone know if the encounters are random or not? because that's also a major factor. if all the battles are very specific and part of the story, it'd be better, but random encounters in what is essentially a puzzle game is nonsense. you're just doing hundreds of meaningless battles and on top of that, any new boots/hammers have weapon durability too. i don't understand how that would still be fun after the first 2-3 hours

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 1, 2020

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

AceOfFlames posted:

Duncan was the single most boring character in HK for me. I permanently stuck him in the Boring Party Member Holding Cell with Jacob Taylor.

Racter 4 Lyfe.

I liked shooting poo poo with him between runs, it was nice to have a fellow fish out of water and his struggle with coming to grips with the situation he got very suddenly thrown in felt to me more organic and understandable than annoying. Plus all the loving description text of his hot bod was funny.

But yeah Gobbet, Racter and Gaichū were the main stars of the show overall, a lot of good moments and interaction with all of them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody is having a good day today

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
June GotM was RE2 remake, which is pretty good considering I also played a ton of FF7R and Divinity Original Sin 2.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FirstAidKite posted:

Woke up three hours before I needed to, check my email and see I'm getting hosed over by one of the biggest script reading sites and the only card I have to play is torching potential relationships to make it see the light of day. Haven't gone back to sleep. Today is gonna be great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

I am not but I am off tomorrow so I'll have a good day then

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wanted to respond to the following quote and to anyone else who is always feeling a bit reluctant to post:

axelblaze posted:

I dunno...I'm thinking about it and I'm just still a bit reluctant to come back. It's not about the LoU2 and holding it sacred it's just the general feeling that any post I make can start a whole thing from someone I'm not sure is arguing something they believe or if they're just arguing because it's fun for them but either way. Like there are good posters in this thread that still just constantly stir poo poo and often with opinion I know they don't have and this year has been so so so so bad and I still haven't even been able to deal with the horriblenesss that was last year.

I'm sorry to dump that much on you thread out of no where. I mean I guess I never said why I left for a bit so that's been welling up for a bit, I just find it so frustrating sometimes and I'm not sure if I'm mentally in the place to handle it. It's not you, it's me. Really.

Please post about things you like. Games in the old days got a reputation for being down on anything and hating things no matter what. Modding this I have done my best to try to help lift up the more positive aspects of gaming. I do not want that old reputation to be how people see this whole place. We can criticise with humour or insight and we can praise with humour or insight and this is the coda I have aligned myself with since starting.

I like jokes and thoughts and feelings both positive and negative about games. I like games. I talk about the games I enjoy, which I know were looked down on the forum in the past, because I want other posters to feel good talking about games they like. Goons often form similar ideas but that does not mean that it is 100% the way to be.

If you enjoy a game, you are correct. That sense of enjoyment is real and yours and cannot be taken away by someone not liking the same game. I like borderlands 1, 2, pre sequel and Tales. (Will be starting 3 at some point when I have finished about 560056 trillion other games on my list). I will glady say that I enjoyed the story in all of them and that I had a ton of fun. I think Tales is the best, followed by Pre-sequel, then 1, then 2. I also love Destiny 2.

I love games and I love to talk about games in games. I honestly want everyone to do so and if someone comes across as really nasty or vicious to somebody for enjoying something then I would hope I either a) see it b) see a report about it or c) receive a pm about it because as the coda says: criticise with humour or insight. This applies to the game, not the poster.

And also, someone criticising a game is not a criticism of you as a poster. We are all different people with different life experiences with a common hobby. That we can chill out and chat about such a wide range of topics with relatively few blowups is a testament to the nature of this community.

And finally. There is a TLOU2 thread (the non spoiler one) started by poster BeanpolePeckerwood that is really positive and discussy about the game. It can be found here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927582 and hopefully it will also serve as a good place to talk :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All I can say is that people should be playing more STREETS OF RAGE so that I'm not the only one posting about it!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I sat down to play all kinds of games last night, then I just played mahjong for 4 hours. got a cute mahjong boy now though, and he's very powerful too

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I like games and I'm hoping to play them a lot this weekend!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played Rocketron tonight and it was pretty fun. it's a Contravania from a doujin publisher with lots of spawning enemies and upgradable weapons which make your bullets bigger and stronger

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am halfway through episode 2 of Dusk.

It is a pretty fun throwback. I feel like there are some other games I have installed somewhere that I am supposed to play but I have spent the last few weeks working on a project at work that has taken up a lot of my relaxing time. Plus I am working my way through Babylon 5 for the first time as well as writing little recaps in a blind watch thread and that also takes up time :D But a great use of time!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I am halfway through episode 2 of Dusk.

It is a pretty fun throwback. I feel like there are some other games I have installed somewhere that I am supposed to play but I have spent the last few weeks working on a project at work that has taken up a lot of my relaxing time. Plus I am working my way through Babylon 5 for the first time as well as writing little recaps in a blind watch thread and that also takes up time :D But a great use of time!

I played most of episode 1 of Dusk yesterday and I really liked what I played. I can't wait to mess around with Amid Evil.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

All I can say is that people should be playing more STREETS OF RAGE so that I'm not the only one posting about it!

I'd honestly just straight up buy SOR4 after how much you've been hyping it in thread, but a bunch of Kickstarter board game pledge managers hit all at once and wiped out my slush fund :negative:

One of the pledge managers let me pickup some Iron Clays as an addon, so I'm very :3: about that though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Streets of Rage 4 is really, really good. Really really! It might be my second favourite Streets of Rage game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was originally going to pause the humble month (and did) but now that i have 4bux in my paypal i am thinking i will just get it so that i can have supraland and overload for 8bux, even if i have no interest in anything else (also the ikenfell demo i am interested in)

i know supraland is gonna be on game pass and probably even this month because the DLC launches soon, but i have a bad habit of forgetting games are on game pass and then they expire before i get a chance to play them

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
can you still un-pause and get the june games? I thought it wasn't possible after the "unlock" last friday

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ymgve posted:

can you still un-pause and get the june games? I thought it wasn't possible after the "unlock" last friday
yea i was able to do it just now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Woke up three hours before I needed to, check my email and see I'm getting hosed over by one of the biggest script reading sites and the only card I have to play is torching potential relationships to make it see the light of day. Haven't gone back to sleep. Today is gonna be great.

Macaluso posted:

I am not but I am off tomorrow so I'll have a good day then

My condolences to both of you. I can't do anything to change what has happened or what is happening but I want you to know that no matter how bad today becomes, I'm hoping that your day can get at least a little better. I have dumb luck, the kind of luck that helps me through the hardest of times by giving me something hopeful to cling to. I'm not normally a superstitious man but I feel that my dumb luck has rubbed off on others when they need it. It manifests not usually in what you need or want, but it will make itself known. I believe in both of you, and anybody else who this applies to, and I have no doubt in my mind that you'll be through this soon enough. If life was a stack of needles and you needed to find a piece of hay, I can't help you find the hay but I know that you'll find it at your own pace, in your own way, in hopefully as healthy a way as you can, and it is my hope that maybe my dumb luck will rub off a little on you so that you won't have to spend as much time and effort searching for that wheat.

Get well soon the both of you, if there is anything I myself or the rest of the chat thread posters can do for you, please let us know.

I was gonna post some wizard101 stuff but I feel like that would be inappropriate in the same post as this. Expect some wizgame posting later about the 2nd world in the game, Krokotopia, aka Egypt Land.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am having the weirdest problem with spotify. On my phone, on my TV and on my PS4 it works absolutely fine.
On my gaming pc the web player in the browser works fine.

The program, however, does not. If I click play it just blitzes through the whole playlist and refuses to play a thing. Just next, next, next over and over.

I have reinstalled the program twice, even used the windows store version twice.

I am so confused.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am having the weirdest problem with spotify. On my phone, on my TV and on my PS4 it works absolutely fine.

The program, however, does not. If I click play it just blitzes through the whole playlist and refuses to play a thing. Just next, next, next over and over.

I have reinstalled the program twice, even used the windows store version twice.

I am so confused.

Try sacrificing a goat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am so confused.

I've had this happen when Spotify can't find a real audio output.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I've had this happen when Spotify can't find a real audio output.

Interesting!! I will see what I can do with that when I get home :D You may have saved my Destiny 2 gaming :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Interesting!! I will see what I can do with that when I get home :D You may have saved my Destiny 2 gaming :D

Sometimes it gets weird when you plug headphone in or unplug headphone or switch audio outputs, so I would set your audio output in Windows to whatever the default is and start Spotify again and go from there.