Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haven't finished all the episodes, but the first one is very obviously just a suicide. And the last one is very obviously a double murder. These don't seem to be very "unsolved" at all. The second one was pretty good though, but that's all the episodes I've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe the back half will be better and more mysterious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I take the tags out of all my clothes too. I don't like how they feel on my skin. Also:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have never heard of sex workers going to those kind of extreme lengths to remove evidence of their identity like that, and on top of that, wouldn't some family have come forward by now to say who she was?

Probably wasn't "trying" to be super anonymous but just kind of was because of her circumstances. It happens. One of my buddies died while he was homeless and the only way the police were able to figure out who he was was because he had the number of one of our friends in his phone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Having seen all of the episodes I'm now able to confidently say that this reboot sucks and has lost everything that made the original unique and interesting. It seems like they're trying to "manufacture" mysteries for a lot of these stories, when there's no shortage of actual mysteries out there to research. Just really disappointed across the board.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InfiniteZero posted:

So yesterday? People are still really bad at spotting obvious mental health crises.

Or maybe even able to spot it, but not being able to do anything about it. My former roommate is having what I can only assume is a psychotic break, but there's absolutely no one I can report this to. My friend lives next door to him still and keeps telling me that he'll come out and check his car several times a night, taking photographs of the ground and the alley and what not, and then will print those pictures up and leave them on all the neighbor's doors with random things circled and like question marks drawn all over it. I tried reaching out to my old landlord to let him know and he told me that he's been hiding all the other tenant's packages because he thought they were stealing all of his. Also apparently the guy below him complained because he's pounding on his door at night and then running up the stairs to his apartment. I could reach out to his dad, but he's apparently cut his dad out of his life for "spying on him" recently. I could call the police, but they're just going to do a "wellness check" and he's stable enough to speak to someone (plus he's from Ghana, so there's a risk if he is acting crazy the cops will just shoot him).

This is a severely mentally unstable man who I'm afraid is going to go off the rails and possibly hurt someone eventually (I caught him sneaking into my room while I was sleeping before I moved and his excuse was he thought I had his plate in my room, he was holding a steak knife at the time), but there's no one to report any of this to. It's the classic "there were red flags" situation, but there's nothing to be done about it besides getting away from him and hoping when he finally explodes no one I care about is around him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All of his family was wearing crosses, which obviously means it couldn't have been a suicide.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, they keep saying "it was a far way to jump" (ignoring the fact that it really isn't if you think he got a jogging/running start/falling from several stories above, etc), but what's the other option? Dropped from a helicopter? Is it somehow easier to launch a dead body from the roof than a guy jumping? Do they think the hole was already there and someone just happen to beat him to death under it by coincidence? Everything besides suicide is just so far fetched.

It's just a distraught family that can't come to grips with the fact that their son/husband/brother had some sort of mental break and killed themselves. It's just sad, not mysterious.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Absolutely. Or he could have jogged like three steps and jumped to make sure he cleared that ledge. Or he could have sprinted in flip flops and jumped. Or he could have been on the ledge and jumped as far as he could.

There's a bunch of ways hitting that roof works out for a suicide.