Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

The dead girl in Norway is almost certainly some kind of dead spy. I had been thinking that from the beginning, but when they talked to that Norwegian intelligence officer it became even more clear. It just makes no sense for someone to go to the trouble of removing all of the labels from all of their clothing. The fact that with all of the publicity around that case, no one has come forward to say that they even knew her, also suggests that she was some kind of spy who got burned or caught and killed.

I'd guess there's a 1% chance she was a spy and a 99% chance that she was a prostitute.

That would explain how she got into the hotel without properly checking in. She was either checked in by a handler/pimp or was granted anonymous and discreet access by an insider at the hotel (who was possibly paid with services and also compelled for that reason to not come forward with information). Something went horribly wrong and she was shot. The client who shot her was already probably somewhere else in the hotel or anonymously moving around the area. Other clients were not compelled to come forward with information about having seen her to help put together a better timeline for obvious reasons of not wanting to wreck their own reputations/marriages over it. This also explains the weird door access patterns. She wasn't moving around, she was letting other clients in.

This is a sad and boring explanation and therefore likely true.

Also she was allergic or sensitive to the clothing tags. That's not uncommon and plenty of people hate having tags in their clothing.

Unsolved Mysteries also weirdly left out the just kinda important fact that there were TWO bullets fired in the room and not one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have never heard of sex workers going to those kind of extreme lengths to remove evidence of their identity like that, and on top of that, wouldn't some family have come forward by now to say who she was?

A sex worker working in a hotel that was well-known for hosting important travelling celebrities, politicians and political influencers might though. Whoever sponsored her being there wouldn't want it to be known that she was ever there to keep things clean. As for family, a sex worker being entirely estranged from family wouldn't be a stretch. There probably was and is nobody looking for her.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

That Chapter is a very good one and Mike does a hell of a job especially with having a very consistent release schedule

I just checked a few of these out and thank you for this recommendation he's actually way better than the new UM.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

likely being little more than people not knowing the signs of mental distress because it was a time when this stuff wasn't talked about.

So yesterday? People are still really bad at spotting obvious mental health crises.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply