Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I had no idea it was a soft reboot of some American show, I don't think Unsolved Mysteries the original played in the UK, so I went into it after seeing loads of Twitter stuff about the UFO episode. Honestly I wasn't really expecting a bunch of true crime things and the UFO one but the UFO one was worth the time.
I'd really like to know what it was that happened to them, what they really saw. I don't really think any of them other than the Trump-faced guy had a reason to make it up, so there must be something to it even if it's some mass hallucination.

The french case is really famous so it was weird seeing it from another perspective.

And I think with all of them there's a shitload of other information that they never go into and I'm a bit annoyed that they're so short. As someone said - the business in the first one put up a big reward for the guy's discovery. Yea they all suddenly lawyered up but to only mention that part of it really pushes you into "The business owner guy did it!".
Also Jacob Rees-Mogg's dad owns some of that business so I'm going to automatically assume that whatever they do is ultra shady and lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Should give the original series a watch, it's considered a classic for a reason

Honestly I'd say it's only popular in America for a reason. There's a lot of shows like that which never got big outside of the US. It's a format that's not really done here.
I think that's probably why netflix has done it as it has, because it has wider appeal.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yea America's Most Wanted was on Sky here in the UK for a good while.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I really liked the Oslo one. I'd heard of it before but he really went into it!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I dunno those injuries seemed pretty consistent with old guy in a trash compactor

Yea agreed, it felt like he had some sort of breakdown and he'd been leading up to it for a while.
Honestly so did the woman who killed herself, like she'd been going to church a shitload more and other stuff that felt like things were "changing" for her.

I really liked the UFO episode last season but the Japanese one this time left me cold. It's just "here's what the japanese believe about the afterlife" which I already know, I guess.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Plenty of episodes in season 1 left stuff out, it's...a shame, i get why but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yea the stuff about the business really does kinda give you a totally false impression of how it happened
I still think it's hard to have jumped so far though.