Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Shea Wingham, as usual, is a wonderful supporting character.
I like the humorous touches the show has. Mason lighting the paper on fire as he walked out of the restaurant away had me cracking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

NowonSA posted:

Oh, and I'm so, SO glad that Mason sold those photos he had to the tabloids. Screw that film studio, go and get paid Mason! Maybe we'll get a scene with film studio thugs and the detectives showing up to mess with Mason at the same time, that'd be fun. After how much he's been kicked around so far, I'd also enjoy him laying in wait on his property and holding up a few people who show up trying to beat him up, it'd be nice to see him ahead of the game on that front for a change.
I think the studio released those. They didn’t want the shots of the girl he was with released to the press because she was their next big thing. They wanted dirt on not-fatty-arbuckle.

Also with regards to the theory that they switched out the kid, wouldn’t the mother (unless she’s in on it) know that the dead body isn’t her own kid? I’d be disappointed (again unless she’s in on it) if the writers had a mother not recognize that a kid she was holding was not her own.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I really hope Pete makes it.
Everyone is fantastic in this, but he's just quietly hilarious in pretty much every scene he's in.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The case that came in at the end is straight up the case from the first Perry Mason novel, the case of the velvet claws. Even to the point of Della looking her up because she thinks it’s a fake name

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Keyser_Soze posted:

Has anyone here actually read any of the PM books and short stories - as opposed to probably all of us reading Hammett/Chandler and Ellroy and the likes much more "noir-ish" works?

I just read the first one, the Case of the Velvet Claws. It's pretty much paint by the numbers noir, but considering he was writing at the same time as Hammett and beat Chandler by a couple of years, I think it's just because he helped define the genre, which makes it all the more surprising that I had no idea there were Perry Mason books.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Can someone tell me who is playing the judge? (From the preview) I can’t place him and he looks so drat familiar.

Edit: 99% sure it’s this guy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0023885/

Really looking forward to this season. Mason and Berger’s little back and forth in the club was amazing.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 8, 2023

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This is probably a better question for AI, but what kind of car was Anita's little roadster? It was amazing.
I was thinking an Auburn Speedster, but I didn't see the exhaust pipes coming out of the side of the car.

Edit: Per AI, I was right it's an Auburn, they changed out the side panels apparently.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/auburnspeedster/27171766408/in/photostream/lightbox/

Rental Sting posted:

Everyone got laid this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NofDnJldrE

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

How is the lawyers heroin addicted wife connected? I don’t remember what led Paul to question the kid with the orange chucks about her.