Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Wait, what the gently caress is the CM Punk rear end video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Red posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is the CM Punk rear end video?

WWE posted a silent video zooming in on CM Punk's rear end at various points during the time when he alleged that their doc had misdiagnosed an abscess on his rear end.

It's still up six years later.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-at-royal-rumble-2014

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i have officially moved into the "i just read the posts i cant watch anymore" phase of wwe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope wwe dies and goes to hell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

boxcarhobo posted:

i have officially moved into the "i just read the posts i cant watch anymore" phase of wwe

Welcome, it's the best phase.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

didn’t think this one out properly, so please look away from the tryhard failing to be funny

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 2, 2020

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

boxcarhobo posted:

I really want to watch Keith Lee win the NXT championship but the empty arena shows kill any kind of energy for the shows.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ZackRickensTV/status/1278457577106440193?s=20

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Teddybear posted:

WWE posted a silent video zooming in on CM Punk's rear end at various points during the time when he alleged that their doc had misdiagnosed an abscess on his rear end.

It's still up six years later.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-at-royal-rumble-2014

:psyduck: this company

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not surprising, Corporate Kane never wore a mask

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Banks vs Io is up next.

THEY BROUGHT A PUPPY!!!! :syoon:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 2, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sasha vs. Io was pretty good. I think if they had more time it would have been better. The women's four way was a little sloppy at times and I think Dakota should have won, but she looked good in the match and Tegan does deserve a shot.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lollin at Sasha selling the mist after the match

Please book Bayley/Sasha v. Io/Asuka

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Sasha vs. Io was pretty good. I think if they had more time it would have been better. The women's four way was a little sloppy at times and I think Dakota should have won, but she looked good in the match and Tegan does deserve a shot.

I didn't watch, but I assume they might turn it into a triple threat and have Dakota interfere? It seems like Tegan and Dakota is never gonna end.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Should I have expected anything other than a gently caress finish to the main event with Asuka standing tall to close the show?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoyed the main event on NXT, I think it's leading to an Asuka/Io Vs. Bayley/Sasha for the tag titles, which could be a great match especially under extreme rules.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm probably not gonna watch it but Sasha/Bayley vs Triple Tails is waaaaaaay closer to what it would take to get me to watch a WWE PPV than anything they've booked in a long time.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1278477768922206216?s=20

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE has just kind of gotten sad. Like the "Redoing TNA But Worse" joke doesn't even feel fun anymore.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

If you zoom in you can see the wires holding up the NXT logo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lid posted:

It's loving wild to periodically remind yourself that the WWE isn't just the biggest wrestling company in the world, they are the biggest wrestling company in the history of wrestling and they have more money than almost ever before, and this is still the amount of effort they will put forward

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Lid posted:

you don't have to even zoom in. I noticed that immediately.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Why did they use a standard windows font for GAB

Copperplate Gothic Black looks so loving cheap

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

*looks into December 2020*

...it's....something, all right.

"Eh, it's TV time"

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Jru post the Great American Bash!!! results so i can laugh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sasha v. Io was enjoyable. I loved the spot where Sasha was going for the draping drop kick and Io just sat up really fast, that was very cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

they dont make anything in house, so where would they get a giant nxt banner that said GAB in a weeks notice during corona virus pandemic.

the kairi news sounds unfortunately very much like she wants to go on to her next stage in life outside of wrestling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, a competent seamstress probably could have done a better job.

Or they could have not panic booked an event on 2 weeks notice during a global pandemic because they're petty.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Or they could have not panic booked an event on 2 weeks notice during a global pandemic because they're petty.

This is WWE we are talking about

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

the kairi news sounds unfortunately very much like she wants to go on to her next stage in life outside of wrestling.

I can easily believe the Hana news hit her incredibly hard; I just hope she's happy with her next step.

And no one is truly happy in WWE (except maybe Asuka).

STAC Goat posted:

Remember the classic saying "you've got to spend money to make money". WWE have said gently caress that, no spend, slow bleed of audience and money somehow keeps increasing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just want Sane to form a new Triple Tails with Asuka and Io and for them all to get their own colored mist with unique powers.

Is that too much to ask?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Wazzu posted:

I can easily believe the Hana news hit her incredibly hard; I just hope she's happy with her next step.

Definitely agree on Hana being a likely reason Kairi might to leave wrestling, but at the same time, I also hope that she is just following KENTA's example on how to get out of WWE, that yeah, she's toootally just gonna go back to Japan and only wrestle for her small home promotion, only to then show up at a joint New Japan/Stardom show to a big pop (or whatever the pandemic equivalent of a big pop is).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i want Kairi to come to AEW and just be so much of an ace that she can carry the entire division with her secondaries in the division of Shida and Rose and Riho to be the main event scene like an AEW four pillars

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kairi also just got married so there's that too for her future plans.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wazzu posted:

Actually Ricochet is very happy because he gets to go out and perform every week for the WWE Universe and his career will be turning around any moment, you'll see

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hirez posted:

Jru post the Great American Bash!!! results so i can laugh

NXT Great American Bash Night 1 Results 7/1:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Tegan Nox won a Fatal Fourway Elimination match to become Number One Contender for the NXT Women's Championship.
  • The order of elimination was: Candice LeRae (pinned by Mia Yim); Mia Yim (pinned by Dakota Kai); Dakota Kai (pinned by Tegan Nox).
  • Damian Priest challenged Cameron Grimes to a rematch.
  • Timothy Thatcher defeated Oney Lorcan by submission in a singles match.
  • Rhea Ripley defeated Robert Stone and Aliyah in a handicap match, submitting both simultaneously.
  • Dexter Lumis submitted Roderick Strong in a strap match, despite interference by Bobby Fish.
  • Candice LeRae cut off being interviewed with Johnny Gargano to assault Mia Yim backstage. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott tried to break them and Gargano got in his face.
  • NXT Interim Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar (Jordan Devlin is STILL pictured with Santos on WWE's Champions page at the time of this writing) announced his stable is called El Legado del Fantasma.
  • Drake Maverick tried to jump Escobar and got his rear end beat by Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde. Breezango came to Maverick's aid and a six man tag was announced for next week.
  • Mia Yim and Candice LeRae will be in a street fight next week.
  • Cameron Grimes ignored Damian Priest's challenge and instead challenged whoever wins the double-championship match next week between Adam Cole and Keith Lee.
  • NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai defeated Sasha Banks in a non-title match. Bayley interfered on Sasha's behalf, but then Asuka appeared from nowhere and spat green mist in Banks' face. Shirai took out Bayley, moonsaulted onto Banks and got the pinfall victory.
  • Show Discussion here.

Sasha/Io sounds really good, which should come as no surprise.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 2, 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Taintrunner posted:

Why did they use a standard windows font for GAB

Copperplate Gothic Black looks so loving cheap

That's not Copperplate Gothic Black, GCB is a serif font. :eng101:

That's definitely a font found in Photoshop or InDesign, but I'm too drat tired to remember what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Great American Bash Night 1 Results 7/1:
  • NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai defeated Sasha Banks in a non-title match. Bayley interfered on Sasha's behalf, but then Asuka appeared from nowhere ans spat green mist in Banks' face. Shirai took out Bayley, moonsaulted onto Banks and got the pinfall victory.

They did a mist spot. During a pandemic. Where the virus spreads via droplets. :psypop:

Are they even doing full testing yet?!