Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Do you think Seth licks the boot because he's HHH's favorite toy or he's HHH's favorite toy because he licks the boot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Chris James 2 posted:

So Corbin will retire Seth too

What an unstoppable juggernaut he's becoming

I guess Corbin needs to become a movie star and quit wrestling, just to completely break Vince and ruin WWE booking forever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

WWE have added Payback to the PPV schedule and it's one week after Summerslam

PWInsider just officially confirmed this

Summerslam's gonna have a lot of gently caress finishes I guess?

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider just officially confirmed this

Summerslam's gonna have a lot of gently caress finishes I guess?

I mean that probably would have already been the case

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I half expect that's a Saudi show.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Payback, as in this time, they're finally paying back the money they owe us. I promise this time!"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Payback is in reference to all the back pay owed to the sword spray people.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1289260904450633728?s=19

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Outside Matt playing different characters which is hardly magical and BTE, isn't the one appearance of the lake's water in AEW a comedy bit during a lighthearted cinematic match?

Or was I supposed to take the match with the horse, the milk and the judas effect on a hip thrusting mascot totally seriously? Did I miss some other stuff when I wasn't watching? And seriously how did Seth get so loving bad? Were Dean and Roman previously proofreading his tweets?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Matt is trying to help by pointing out that you should either lean into sports or entertainment, but the eye thing did neither and ruined a pretty good match.

Though him mixing up "its" and "it's" is kinda driving me nuts.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If only there were some other storyline in AEW involving someone being blinded that Seth could have compared this to.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
If only such a story existed, and involved someone Seth Rollins himself was associated with.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

I like that Matt is trying to help by pointing out that you should either lean into sports or entertainment, but the eye thing did neither and ruined a pretty good match.

Maybe this is what you were saying but I think that was his point exactly

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Outside Matt playing different characters which is hardly magical and BTE, isn't the one appearance of the lake's water in AEW a comedy bit during a lighthearted cinematic match?

Or was I supposed to take the match with the horse, the milk and the judas effect on a hip thrusting mascot totally seriously? Did I miss some other stuff when I wasn't watching? And seriously how did Seth get so loving bad? Were Dean and Roman previously proofreading his tweets?

I guess you can only lap up so much boot polish before it starts seeping into your brain.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Tyler “boot“ black

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Seth semi-admits that the hell in the cell match wasnt good but all his explanations are like... the lights and the cell effecting his workrate. I've never had a complaint about his work rate, its eeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything else so I don't think thats what he needs to improve.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Maybe this is what you were saying but I think that was his point exactly

Yeah. The stipulation wasn't entertaining and it's like, not sports-oriented. Seth and Rey had a good match going on and they should have just leaned into them wanting to beat the crap out of each other, which makes sense and can be told in the sporting aspect.

The Lake of Reincarnation is purely for entertainment, and that's why it works.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

I started watching pretty late in The Shield's first run but typically Dean Ambrose did most of the talking for the group and hey would you look at that

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It is not professionally responsible of Seth Rollins to acknowledge these issues. We should probably be thankful WWE is so terrible creatively. Makes it easier to sever.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seth is very much the thin-skinned metalcore kid that never got over the WARHORSEs of the world calling him a poser in high school and it very much shows in all his interviews.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
As PWInsider.com reported in the Elite section earlier this week, WWE has hired 2-3 new writers specifically for the NXT brand.

lol

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

karmicknight posted:

If only such a story existed, and involved someone Seth Rollins himself was associated with.

And what, acknowledge a man currently taking food off Seth's table?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

As PWInsider.com reported in the Elite section earlier this week, WWE has hired 2-3 new writers specifically for the NXT brand.

lol

working wonders already

quote:

Dexter Lumis defeated Timothy Thatcher and Finn Balor in a triple threat match to qualify for the North American Championship ladder match. The finish came when Dexter Lumis choked out Thatcher while he had Balor in an ankle lock.
Dexter Lumis choked out Timothy Thatcher. Dexter Lumis.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lid posted:

lol

Pretty cool that HHH's kids are getting a chance to break into the business.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well at least if aew is getting put in the wwe section of espn, wwe is being put in the elite section of pwinsider

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Draxion posted:

I choose to believe that Vince and Trips convinced Rollins to take a pay cut as a sacrifice for the Wednesday night wars.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane says back to work
https://twitter.com/knoxnews/status/1289329119134486528?s=19

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Draxion posted:

Also remember that he was a man that couldn't cut it in the WWE. It's not like he could have gone out and done some big tournament in another promotion, and even if he did I'm sure all his matches would have been terrible.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

The year is 2025, if man is still alive, absolutely zero people watch WWE anymore. All the wrestlers have left the business. Raw is 3 hours of an empty arena being filmed with cameras shaking wildly. WWE posts record profits.

This is horrifying as I could see it happening. I could see the entire earth being consumed in fire and the only things still around are Vince McMahon forcing cockroaches and rats to fight for his amusement while Kevin Dunnbot v3.0 managed 1000 jump cuts every 10 seconds.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Do you think Seth licks the boot because he's HHH's favorite toy or he's HHH's favorite toy because he licks the boot?

I am 100% sure he genuinely believes everything he tweets. HHH and Vince work the same carny magic on him that they do everyone else.

Related: I watched season one of Dark Side of the Ring again. All were good but the Fabulous Moolah was legit depressing. Wendi Richter getting screwed showed that Vince is still the exact same guy running the exact same playbook. Real depressing were the tales of two of the former wrestlers: Princess Victoria and Sweet Georgia Brown. You got to meet Georgia Brown's son and daughter. The son was doing great with himself though was a little sad as he talked about Moolah telling him that his real dad was her late husband Buddy Lee. Brown's daughter talked about not only prostitution but being fed drugs and alcohol which lead to lifelong issues. Later on was another wrestler, Princess Victoria, who talked about after getting injured during a match and found unable to compete in the Ring, Moolah pressured her to do whatever it takes to please a client. She would still take a cut of the money this guy exchanged for a good time. Girl went on the date but didn't sleep with the guy (she actually threatened the guy who came in her room late at night) and later refused Moolah's second suggestion to please the clients. Moolah booted her out with less than 20 bucks and the clothes on her back. At the end of the episode they asked her "Was Moolah a pimp?" Victoria said "Hell no. That would make me a prostitute!" Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Kane says back to work

Somebody tell me that people are gonna go jail or even be held slightly accountable for all the dead and crippled kids we're about to have.

Lie to me if you have to.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MJeff posted:

Somebody tell me that people are gonna go jail or even be held slightly accountable for all the dead and crippled kids we're about to have.

Don't worry, a lot of black people are going to be blamed for dead children and be taken away in vans over the next few years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Remember, Kane was considered the smartest guy in the locker room.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The entire libertarian grift is sounding smart to dumb people

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember, Kane was considered the smartest guy in the locker room.

well yeah a room full of people with holes in their brains from unprotected chair shots would think that

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah. The stipulation wasn't entertaining and it's like, not sports-oriented. Seth and Rey had a good match going on and they should have just leaned into them wanting to beat the crap out of each other, which makes sense and can be told in the sporting aspect.

The Lake of Reincarnation is purely for entertainment, and that's why it works.

The entire concept of the match makes zero sense in any way shape or form. Why would WWE sanction a match where the objective is for one of their top stars to be permanently disfigured?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's gonna be kickin rad when I can say that Kane is directly responsible for dead kids

Or not. Mostly not, actually.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shinjobi posted:

It's gonna be kickin rad when I can say that Kane is directly responsible for dead kids

Or not. Mostly not, actually.

What a ridiculous statement, he won't be responsible for dead kids..... he'll be responsible for the dead elderly and immuno-compromised people those kids come into contact with after contracting COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know Kane is endangering kids and others and that's loving horrific and he's a piece of poo poo and its a sign of the bigger hell we're in and all that.

But I can't get over finding out that Samuel Shaw beat Finn Balor AND Timothy Thatcher. NXT sounds real bad.