Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Great American Bash Night 1 Results 7/1:
  • NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai defeated Sasha Banks in a non-title match. Bayley interfered on Sasha's behalf, but then Asuka appeared from nowhere ans spat green mist in Banks' face. Shirai took out Bayley, moonsaulted onto Banks and got the pinfall victory.

They did a mist spot. During a pandemic. Where the virus spreads via droplets. :psypop:

Are they even doing full testing yet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

"The Vince McMahon Champion of Sexual Abuse" Title.
They hand it to Matt Riddle after a 30 minute ceremony.

Way too long of a segment. Gotta keep it to 18 or less.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seth got jealous of Mox's eye patch, huh?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

In the interests of positivity, goddamn are Sasha and Bayley an amazing team, and pairing them off against Asuka and Kairi is great:

Holy gently caress that knee was brutal :gonk:

Also the frame rate on that mp4 is incredible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

yokozuna is in it so its good sorry. I dont make the rules i just selectively enforce them.

So that Saudi money actually *can* buy something

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hirez posted:

it's also extremely (horror show) stupid that when they show recaps of any PPV highlights on the next raw/smackdown - they always cut away or freeze frame it before any impact. Like that's the kind of poo poo you want to show people so they tune into your lovely PPV's

I always assumed this was a holdover from the 90s where PPV replays would air on Tuesdays and they'd freeze before impact as a tease to make you want to buy it to see what happens.

e:

Holy poo poo I'm dying at "Andre the Giant. The largest man ON THE WORLD when I was a kid"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

My friend, welcome to the world of Titospeak

Oh I know Tito is a complete dumbass. Just having another example in a pre-recorded 20 second segment is amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Please, for the love of god, let me have Tito Ortiz on a WWE show with a live mic.

Would it be better or worse than LaVar Ball and family? :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I just saw the Stephanie McMahon smile in real life. It's about as uncomfortable as you can imagine.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_mmb21deBA This is an alltimer UUDD tbh

Timestamps:
8:50 Maryse yells at Miz
22:45 Tyler Breeze makes Xavier, Cesaro, Samoa Joe and Adam Cole absolutely lose it "Hey Miz, I heard you're going to be in the sequel to See No Evil: See No Talent"

Yeah this is a pro click for sure. So many good moments and Breeze just tearing into Miz for like two straight minutes is amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

look at this dude

It was so weird seeing the (far inferior) alternate version on the latest Botchamania.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Good one to keep in mind!

Also don't ask me why but it suddenly bubbled up from deep in my memory that Hulk Hogan once claimed he was offered to be the name on the George Foreman Grill but turned it down. drat, Hulk Hogan was ALMOST in the Rolling Stones and ALMOST an infomercial multi-millionaire.

I thought it was playing bass for Metallica? Stones are a little too early for the Hulkster.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

I'm enthralled from a distance that some people are saying this ppv isnt so bad because they're comparing it to New Blood Rising and Victory Road 2011.

Those aren't the bars you have to clear to be considered "not bad".

Outside of the main event and a couple of lovely finishes, this PPV was miles better than the last one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

If thats the case I implore you to use this as a gateway to get people watching WWE. "The last one was bad but this shows so much better watch it with me".

What? No the last PPV before Extreme Rules (MITB?) was the drizzling shits and set a very low bar. I wouldn't ever want to have someone watch this garbage with me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's sad how quickly WWE has ruined "cinematic" matches.

Both by overdoing them, by not understanding what made them cool, and by repeating and emphasizing the worst parts of them.

I mean, in theory they can still be cool and fun. But not when WWE creative has their hands in it.

While yes, they've been overexposed, there's also a common denominator in the ones that haven't been good.

Has there been any kind of Bray match or cinematic that hasn't been just completely awful since the Firefly Funhouse and Fiend gimmick change?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

I honestly think they were expecting him to jump to AEW and the big public goodbye was their way of making Mox look ungrateful for doing so, which might have worked before the Internet.

Even without the internet it would have been apparent pretty quickly given how much happier Mox looked post-WWE.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Double post because this is insane:

Dave on WOR - Ron Simmons was on Raw because they originally planned to reboot the Nation of Domination :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WWE's two most prominent heel factions are minorities.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm really disappointed the replies are all earnest answers and not the picture of Undertaker standing sadly outside of LeBron's locker room.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

Lol, this is Breeze to Angelo. There's some other real good ones in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jky66zMRKFA

This is absolutely worth a watch. And there's an Adam Cole short joke in there :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Naomi just needed Vince to have more sons so she could marry into the business. Sometimes you just have to grab that ring.

You know they'd just bury her for being in an interracial relationship if that was the case.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Having Lee defending both titles would've been a compelling storyline, so of course they're not doing it.

Could have even one-upped AEW's Cody's grueling schedule storyline :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I can't put me finger on it but there's something so uncomfortable and artificial about this that isn't there in AEW or even TNA's empty arena shows. Maybe its the Performance Center. Maybe its the framing and all the cuts. Maybe its the weird choice for the announcers to go silent or how quiet the PC "crowd" is. I don't know. But its all just so off to me even by my shifted expectations for empty arena shows.

It's completely broken psychology and terrible acting. None of it makes any sense. Why didn't the ref call the match? Why is Dijakovic able to tell Keith not to stop the match? Why does he just lay there and take elbows? Why didn't the ref stop the match at any point in all of this?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

They're calling it Takeover XXX

So assuming this is actually real, I'm guessing they never number another Takeover again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E's promo on Battle of the Brands is so amazing :allears:

I just wish they would push him as a singles star and let him be his ridiculous self :smith:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

Drake Maverick answered the question we all wanted to know

lol one of the most famous Indiana Jones scenes was due to Ford being sick as hell and not wanting to do the actual fight scene planned.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Big E's promo on Battle of the Brands is so amazing :allears:

I just wish they would push him as a singles star and let him be his ridiculous self :smith:

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 7/24:
  • Kofi Kingston told BIG E backstage that he was mad about losing the tag titles too, but both he and Xavier Woods were adamant this was BIG E's chance to be a singles star.

:neckbeard:

Legit one of the only things left that could pique my interest in WWE.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

njsykora posted:

Yeah I mean it's not like they'll give any random jobber a figure.

Big head mode

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Having the title change hands via countout is real stupid. At the very least they could have done the Edge/whomever thing where Bayley threatens to injure Kairi unless she lays down for Sasha. It's still really dumb, but at least it's not a title change via countout.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rey's eye will miraculously heal if he re-signs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Happy WWE Earnings Call Day everyone

I could use a good dose of "evil people get comeuppance" today. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I honestly couldn't take that seriously enough to see it from the "actual violence" aspect.

Not that you guys are wrong. Just saying that it was so dumb and horribly done that it didn't register at first.