Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm probably not gonna watch it but Sasha/Bayley vs Triple Tails is waaaaaaay closer to what it would take to get me to watch a WWE PPV than anything they've booked in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE has just kind of gotten sad. Like the "Redoing TNA But Worse" joke doesn't even feel fun anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, a competent seamstress probably could have done a better job.

Or they could have not panic booked an event on 2 weeks notice during a global pandemic because they're petty.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just want Sane to form a new Triple Tails with Asuka and Io and for them all to get their own colored mist with unique powers.

Is that too much to ask?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reality Protester posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PennLive/status/1278761664695984129

now they'll have to pick a different state to fly talent to to break quarantine

As far as silver linings go, if we all come out of this nightmare having realized its best to quarantine Florida for everyone else's safety that's something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always kind of forget Athena got signed by WWE. She just like retired or disappeared or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dacap posted:

Vince couldn’t grasp how an MMA style could apply to wrestling but had loving Ronda Rousey as their top women’s star for a full year.

Ronda is a conventionally attractive white lady.

Or...

pressedbunny posted:

I loathe that there is absolutely no surprise here and everyone knows exactly what this means :cripes:

I do wish Dave, and all reporting around wrestling really, would be more explicit when covering lovely practises and ideas. Don't say "doesn't check his buttons", just say "he doesn't want to gently caress her and that's still the primary governing factor in WWE".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really don't get the sense Desantis is ever gonna lock down the state or harden restrictions. Things could get nightmarish in Florida and maybe individual wrestlers would start to get scared, but I can't see the state shutting WWE (or AEW) down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So like who are the Heyman wrestlers who are gone now because "Vince doesn't see the appeal" or whatever?

Is it really all POC like Shayna, Bianca, and RIcochet? Who am I missing?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aren't they both still getting used? Black seems to be in the Rollins/Rey story and Andrade is in Zelina's crew although his stature seems to have fallen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I won't lie, part of me actually kind of wants "Yowie Wowie" basketball shorts. That's weird and random enough to probably just be kind of funny.

But like I'm not giving WWE money or paying some kind of premium for workout shorts. And they're just kind of ugly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Please don't reward the company that's literally putting people in mortal danger due to the least necessary penny-pinching possible with your money, tia.

STAC Goat posted:

But like I'm not giving WWE money

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"You must wear masks at all times, except when you can be seen by the public while in close physical contact" is certainly some kind of policy.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm shocked that there haven't been any leaks about COVID-positive talent. I guess maybe if I followed more of them on Instagram...

I imagine WWE threatened them bad after those first few people said something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jesus WEP posted:

I’m glad that after an unconscionable amount of time of this forum Always Badding Sasha and Bayley, it’s now accepted that they’re far too good for the bad company
Oh good, I'm not the only one experiencing whiplash on that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE definitely needs more titles. That's the problem.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's gonna have like a US flag, a Confederate flag, a Blue Lives flag, and a Don't Tread On Me flag. Representing the true diversity of America.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, new US Title on the same day Trump openly comes out in support of the Confederate flag has got me genuinely curious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Excuse you, they had a spray HHH bought off the internet that promised to work for 90 days once applied.

Don't you feel silly now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well no Confederate flag but they did get the fascist eagle in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Linda IS a member of this campaign...

https://twitter.com/jewishaction/status/1278342465389543424

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

marioinblack posted:

WWE has a long tradition of making their stars white.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gun to my head I probably don't ACTUALLY think WWE adopted a design with fascist roots and significance at the exact same time that the political campaign they're directly and deeply tied with did.

Although its not implausible.

But they're a racist company tied deeply to a fascist president both of whom have been friendly with and supported full on literal nazis time and time again. So gently caress 'em. You gotta earn benefit of the doubt and we're all having a very justified laugh at their expense while they continue to make billions and be loving nazis. So no need to #StandUpForWWE.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Remember like 6 months ago or something (time ceases to mean anything) when WWE made a t-shirt that just HAPPENED to look like incredibly racist blackface imagery for one of their black wrestlers and then lied and claimed he came up with it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If we can find secret not swastika and lightning bolts we'll have the full set.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They just did a whole documentary about their legend where he used it to debut a new nazi t-shirt every episode and then had the roster all do a tribute to him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the reality is that the eagle has a long history in military and government imagery which means it has a ton of history in fascist imagery which means its all tangled up. If you're a graphic designer it would be wise to avoid using the eagle if you don't want to conjure up since imagery because many people will draw such associations. If you're hired to design like a jewish soccer league logo and you submit an eagle perched on a soccer ball you shouldn't be surprised if the customer ends up angry. On the flip side a lot of people who do use it are using it for the same reasons fascists do even if they're specifically conjuring up that association (which they sometimes are).

So again, WWE probably didn't purposely re-design the US title to be secret nazi imagery or otherwise political/fascist agendas. But it is an image associated with fascism and jingoism and we're having laughs at their expense and even if 1 out of 10 times we point out something potentially racist they do we're being "unfair" and reading into things that doesn't bother me because the other 9 times it was totally racist.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 7, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wazzu posted:

Literal Nazi? No. Doesn't care that he wears SS logo clothes, definitely. Appeared in multiple "blue lives matter" shirts in the latest documentary series, definitely.

MAGA Chud

It seems possible that Undertaker didn't know the shirts were nazi shirts when he got them on the grounds of "biker poo poo." Its plausible that in 2020 with twitter and google he remains blissfully ignorant to them. But if he knows and "doesn't care" then that kind of makes him a nazi.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE posted:

where a winner can only determined by extracting the opponent's eye.
Wait, what?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find Ricochet adorable. Its like he has no idea.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Cameo posted:

It always makes me think of that Talk is Jericho where he had Ospreay on and Jericho brings up WWE moving into the UK to try to kill World of Sport and raid the region’s indies, and Will just goes “you really think so?” in response, with absolute incredulity over the idea.

Ricochet appears to be even duller and Bambi-like over how WWE functions and how his career is going to go than Will was about why WWE would suddenly want to have a U.K. promotion.

Yeah Ricochet just gives off serious "Oh, Honey" moron vibes to me. I think he really believes what he tweets.

This is why Konnan was so hard on him and told him not to hang out with Johnny Mundo. He's too stupid and impressionable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like this match will be another example of how WWE constantly learns the wrong lesson from their successes. They're going to lean into the wrong parts of cinematic matches.

I'm torn because like, I loved Lucha Underground and the Broken Hardy stuff and the Undead Realm stuff. And the Undead Realm stuff was just ridiculous so am I being unfair here?

But like I THINK its really about tonal conflicts. The Undead Realm stuff was ridiculous but Rosemary is ridiculous. When Hardy showed up in AEW and started teleporting some people were weirded out because it was a tonal shift. Now they're pretty much used to him being magic. So I think the problem is that like Seth Rollins and Rey are just doing this serious feud and now there's gonna be a cartoon eyeball and it feels like a really dumb tonal shift.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Boneyard Match didn't even seem that weird when I caught it on SD or whatever a few weeks ago. Like it was just a streetfight at Bray's cabin. Otherwise the only really weird thing I noticed was Taker teleporting but Taker's done that forever.

The Wyatt/Cena thing was bugfuck crazy but like all that Firefly Funhouse stuff is weird so like, I see why you'd go with it. So yeah, I think Bray/ThatBigGuyWhoseNameIForgot is whatever because Bray's silly and ThatBigGuy does silly things too so its gonna be silly. That's like Hardy or Rosemary.

But Rey/Rollins feels weird because they're gonna treat it all serious like Rollins really did take out Rey's eyes. Or they won't and like... what was the point?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hirez posted:

so nothing happened. cool cool cool

I think half the women's division turned? Not sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is that a Donald Trump Punisher logo USA shirt?

Like that's a LOT.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah the Punisher logo has been hardcore adopted by the Blue Lives Matter crews and cops and fascists in general what with all the extra judicial killing. None of them care about or see the problem. I think Marvel tries to fight it and protect their trademarks but they should probably send him to prison for the rest of his comic life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

The guy who co-created The Punisher is revolted by it too and had made a real effort to pump out pro-Black Lives Matter stuff to swamp out all the fascist bullshit.

I know a lot of people involved with the Punisher have tried REALLY hard to clean that poo poo up in a lot of admirable and decent ways. Like the recent show pretty much ditched him giving a poo poo about any kind of crime and just focusing on government conspiracy. But sometimes you gotta accept that the core is rotten.

Marvel should write a comic where Sam Wilson, Kamala Khan, and Ben Grimm walk him into custody and he's tried for hundreds of murders and sent away for 100 consecutive life sentences and quietly, sadly accepts that he was wrong and deserves it and pleads guilty. And then let the chuds scream about it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 12, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Taintrunner posted:

They won’t care. They don’t read comics (outside of the comicsgate freaks). And they’ll just move onto the next thing anyways to try and get a reaction out of you. Constantly reacting to their stupid poo poo is a loser’s game.
By "reacting to that stupid poo poo" you mean cops who plaster the symbol on their uniforms and cars to signify their true feelings of the communities they work in?

No one would read a comic any more than they did when Captain America became black. There would be two weeks of screaming on Fox News, the President would mention it in his campaign speeches, and a bunch of people would lose their minds. And all "we" would have done is retire a problematic and outdated comic book character because its the right call. How the racists and fascists react will just happen. Its weird that you flipped the roles on that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Taintrunner posted:

If you want to fantasize about owning the chuds via comic book characters, then you can keep living in your fantasy world detached from material reality.

They don’t care what Marvel much less the creator would possibly make “canon.” Thinking the President would somehow have a meltdown about comic book characters is just next level detached from the reality of the situation.

I don't know who you're responding to because I was talking about cops/violent parties using the logo, what the right thing to do with the character was, and the "chud" thing was an end after thought until I was responding directly to you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not super surprised the Bray match is non title since I assume it will be another bug gently caress crazy cinematic thing.

That said I had to look up which title was the Universal one. I thought Drew/Dolph being nontitle would be funny because what's the point?

At least I did after I remembered Drew was champion. At first I was like "Rey/Seth is non title?"

I may not have my thumb on WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's a streaming service for all your favorite USA shows like Monk and Psych and.... Silk Stalkings!?

Gonna binge Le Femme Nikita.

Oh drat, I'm right in the middle of a Psych binge. Hope that doesn't disappear off Prime and to Peacock tomorrow. I didn't think of that.