Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endless Mike posted:

It is July my dudes

And you know what that means!

What does it mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

*looks into December 2020*

...it's....something, all right.

"Eh, it's TV time"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sami and Kevin are smart guys

Roman too, as far as we can tell.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

All these times Charlotte or Nia Jay badly botched poo poo to the point of being awful shitheads? Yeah that was them practicing for Sane's retirement.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

What if... Captain America was a pimp?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Undertaker, looking at his arms and Triple H's skull shirt: Hunter... are we the baddies?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

No no no, this eagle stands for freedom. That other eagle stands for fascism.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Reality Protester posted:

look at this loving symbol of oppression

I mean, he followed that up with a Tea Party gimmick, so yeah

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Loser becomes Rey Mystero or Seth Rollns

No, that's the I for an I match.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Adam Cole is 6'4"?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

We'd bomb New Zealand

Some critter would just eat and/or poison the bombs.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hirez posted:

seconded. If you wanna watch an awesome movie, watch The Wall with John Cenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I thought this was gonna be a joke about how Cena looks like Matt Damon, who stars in a Chinese action/propaganda movie of the same name.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The Cameo posted:

No, but funny link is that Doug Liman directed this The Wall. He also made Matt Damon an action star (and able to make that The Wall) with The Bourne Identity.

:psyboom: It's a small world Wall, brother!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

He’s in the cockpit for half of the movie.

Does he say "I have a drinking problem" and then pour a glass of whatever all over his face?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hirez posted:

just for posterity sake on the kevin dunn is bad page

https://twitter.com/CincyFanZone/status/1221641732980383745

I still laugh when they miss his first spear in 9 years - what a clownshow

Not just his first spear, it's like they miss everything that might make this an exciting moment for people watching from home in favor of showing... excited people in the arena? I don't want to see random excited fan #352 when Edge's music hits, I wanna see Edge. The camera work utterly fails to give his entrance any lasting impression, it's split seconds of him and then some assholes in the crowd going apeshit. It's like they don't trust their audience to know how to cheer anymore, they have to show them examples while something cheer-worthy happens.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That

loving

Shirt

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

one day people will realize what a gift Tito Ortiz was, but sadly it may be when he's dead and gone

truly one of the most hysterically baffling human beings in the history of sports

lol who are you loving kidding, he's your next president

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Who is Rusev?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Oh, you mean Miro?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CobiWann posted:

I'm actually somewhat impressed no names have leaked.

When WWE wants to, WWE can.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

code:
HAPPY BITHRDAY, SHANE MCMAHON

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I just listened to a 3 hour long Zoom call about how my kid's school may or may not be reopening in the fall, and I assume that it was more entertaining than whatever the hell Raw was

One thought you can entertaing yourself with on those calls is "Who here is actually wearing pants right now?" so that's more than WWE has going for it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

oldpainless posted:

I feel like having the stipulations of a swamp fight and an eye for an eye match will lead to anticlimax when the last stip is announced

I get extreme "kid puts off doing their homework until five minutes before the lesson starts" vibes from that whole angle. Like, I'm reasonably sure they have no idea what the stipulation is yet, but think they still have time to think of one until Sunday.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dolph won his first world title with the stipulation that Edge couldn’t use the spear. He should bring back that stipulation.

Drew: "Why would I use a spear?" *Clamore Kicks Dolph's head off*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Well now what will you do, Triple H, now that we've stopped watching?

Bring back CM Punk, duh.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

There are ways and ways to breaking Ric Flair's record.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Punk, just return to active duty in the ring. You know you're going to, everybody knows it. Your return at a Rumble or whatever is going to be as surprising as fog in London, and the WWE cares so much that they will probably mis-edit your return so half of it will show a random dude doing an x with his arms while you GTS Dolph Ziggler.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

I see your four and raise you four: Adam Cole giving Big Show a Canadian Destroyer

But how can Adam Cole get himself off the ground? He's too big, it's impossible!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

His idea of sticking it to the man apparently involves trying to make the man more money.

Contrast this to people like Kevin Nash or Brocklesnar, who imo are much more successfully sticking it to the man by rightfully half-assing it and command truckloads of money for it.

And they aren't even particularly loud about what rebels they are, unlike Punk.

edit: This made me wonder, what would a hypothetical Pipebomb promo these days even contain that wouldn't make everybody go "SO WHY ARE YOU WORKING FOR THEM AGAIN"

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 17, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I guess, for the time being, getting called up and sitting around doing nothing isn't much different than not getting called up and sitting around doing nothing since there's no travel. I imagine it's got to be a special kind of soul crushing to get called up, have to fly all over the country, and never actually wrestler or appear on TV.

And also get told in the vaguest way that it's because you are doing something wrong, or not doing something right.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

What happens when WWE has to actually account for

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They are friends with Donald Trump.

Hahahahahahahahahahahha

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

I didn't say there would ever be legal consequences we all know better

Eventually everyone tries to cash out though

Unless I'm mistaken, Trump crashed several if not most of his businesses. Once you or your grandparents passed a certain threshold of wealth, you ain't never gonna come back down, no matter how vile or inept you are.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hulk!
I need somebody
Hulk!
Not just anybody
Hulk!
You know I need someone
Huuu-uuulk!

That's how the song was originally supposed to go, but Marvel wouldn't have it, brother!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

As deserving as Booker is for scorn, I think it's worth bringing over that lol Ali thinks anyone is gonna pay ransom for his push.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

Vince just dumped a bunch more of his stock so I expect his reaction to be as if he has no idea business/ratings are down

Seriously, could this be Vince pulling the classic Hogan Maneuver after realizing things are poo poo? Quickly back off and disappear, let people run things according to public demand while numbers are down, then either come back when things get better too slowly and go "Told ya so" or time your return for when things would have gotten better anyway.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lamuella posted:

It's almost depressing when WWE has matches that are in isolation really good, because it never matters or results in anything.

The problem with WWE was never the roster. I will absolutely agree that they have in their books some of the best wrestlers to ever lace up their boots. The problem is that doesn't matter if everything else about the product is dumb. If you have the best cruiserweights in the world and book them as pointless trash that doesn't matter, they become pointless trash that doesn't matter. If you put the best talkers in wrestling in a segment with Baron Corbin, it will become a Baron Corbin segment and thus suck.

It's like if you have a restaurant that manages to get the best produce in the world. Perfectly ripe San Marzano tomatoes, Kobe beef, Jamon Iberico, buffalo mozzarella flown in from Italy, the works. And it uses them to make dog food. And as it's being served up they put a dollop of vanilla pudding made with sour milk on the top. It doesn't matter how good the beef was, it's dog food now.

(the vanilla pudding in this analogy is Baron Corbin)

You often see food analogy in movie discussion and it's often a problem because the metaphor breaks down after even the most basic of observations, but I feel this one really works. Vince is a chef running a five-star restaurant who now openly farts on dishes.

Also, which ninja stable was Gran Metallik's, again?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

"I don't just do this for the money, now gently caress yourself for being fooled into not giving me money anymore!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

It's so Ziggler can win and demand another title shot

Yeah, winning non-title matches against champions is now traditionally how you get title shots.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I meant that it's been going on for so long that it can be considered a traditional form of winning title shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rick posted:

My guess was title vs career before it was non-title

Well, it's going to be this after Dolph wins the non-title match.