Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

Just watched Sirius the Jaegar, and it was, I guess, mediocre? I think my favorite part of the show is that the setting completely renders the moral of the story useless. It's set in 1930's Japan, they reference the previous World War, and the moral is about how we can all get along and how the main character is now a god that will help guide people to be cooperative. And all of it is undercut by the fact that WW2 is coming up in a few short years and all of the main characters are going to be party to massive bloodshed and horrifying atrocities.

The main characters are vampire hunters, they won't participate in the loving war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but they'll need to kill the nazi vampires

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

dogsicle posted:

but they'll need to kill the nazi vampires

It must've been super awkward being an early 1940's Japanese vampire hunter.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never really got into Hoknai 3rd Impact, but the crossover event with EVA just being a retelling of Evangelion with Honkai characters was pretty cool.

Shinji was a good protagonist... But would it be better if he was a depressed lesbian? :thinking:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
anime.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
owns.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Acerbatus posted:

I never really got into Hoknai 3rd Impact, but the crossover event with EVA just being a retelling of Evangelion with Honkai characters was pretty cool.

Shinji was a good protagonist... But would it be better if he was a depressed lesbian? :thinking:

gay stuff makes the world a better place

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AND MANGA!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOt_cz6Hmig

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

AND MANGA!

That commercial is almost 15 years old now...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's been a while since I watched Haruhi, what was she mad at in that scene again? I assume Kyon?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
School staff got mad and told them not to advertise in the bunny suit

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tae posted:

School staff got mad and told them not to advertise in the bunny suit

Haruhu's lil stomp she does is the cutest thing ever

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

verbal enema posted:

Haruhu's lil stomp she does is the cutest thing ever
And then she tries to go right back to give flyers and that's when the teachers are like "NOPE!". Mikuru being in tears at that point and you can clearly tell even though both hers and Haruhi's frames are so tiny is so hard to forget.

That whole scene still gets me in stitches after all these years.

Different episode, but Haruhi being a top 10 giant dork in the baseball game is also so much fun.

:allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I miss Haruhi, they should bring that show back one day (there’s plenty of stories left to adapt after all). But unless I’m forgetting something there haven’t been much in the way of new light novels to promote lately so I’m not sure if they’d actually do it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just a short story, IIRC.

Also, while I wouldn't mind more Haruhi, what I really want to see a new anime of is Slayers. Especially after the 2 new novels have been such a fun romp.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Also, while I wouldn't mind more Haruhi, what I really want to see a new anime of is Slayers. Especially after the 2 new novels have been such a fun romp.

Every time they announce a new thing for the anniversary that's not an anime my heart hurts

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, I want another season of that too. Have the recent novels been translated at all at least?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wark Say posted:

:hai:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The author recently released a new book that was a compilation of short stories published elsewhere and one (fairly substantial iirc) new one. It was coming off the series' anniversary though, so who knows if it was him intending to come back or just a last huzzah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I want another season of that too. Have the recent novels been translated at all at least?
Not as far as I know. Buddy of mine got them for me since the music store he works on is just a stone-throw away from his fave bookstore in Chiyoda.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently the slayers rights were in limbo since j-novel's acquisition was called a rescue last summer. They're not current but I'd trust them to get there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

Apparently the slayers rights were in limbo since j-novel's acquisition was called a rescue last summer. They're not current but I'd trust them to get there.

How many of the novels were brought over to the west out of curiosity? I’m really only familiar with the anime side of the franchise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tokyopop only did like 8 volumes, which was up to the end of Next.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

AND MANGA!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://agtteam.tumblr.com/post/643670722020032512/my-year-with-holo-patch-release

now YOU can date Holo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

Are there any anime focusing on dog ownership? I really liked that manga that was posted a couple days ago.
inuyasha, but it's pretty long

e: dammit i should refresh before posting

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Tokyopop only did like 8 volumes, which was up to the end of Next.
Yeah, basically both the novels that Tokyopop localized and the anime seasons have already covered much of Part 1 of the story.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Truga posted:

I never actually watched that one in it's day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

maybe i will

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Truga posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a "should've refreshed" a full day after the fact before

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
look i sometimes open a bunch of tabs and then go play games instead of shitpost, and then next day i open a bunch a new tabs and then when i'm closing them i don't notice i'm on old tabs again :v:

e: i think my best fuckup is like two weeks lmao

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I know it's done for ease of understanding, but I still find it funny that Inuyasha speaks modern vernacular while everyone else in the past speaks ye olde Japanese.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Willo567 posted:

not an anime yet, but chainsaw man
Lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mister Facetious posted:

Are there any anime focusing on dog ownership? I really liked that manga that was posted a couple days ago.

Jojo part 1.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/jammkamm/status/1363605634193653761
https://twitter.com/DaftPina/status/1286746740494827522
lol

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
is butch hartman the fairly oddparents guy? does he not know that he could spend 30 seconds drawing a squat little timmy turner style Ranma and win my eternal amusement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
New Thread here.