Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm watching the first episode of Irresponsible Captain Tylor and the scene with the recruiting officer is just ruining the story for me. No real military recruiter would try to talk Tylor out of his delusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

New board name doesn't use The Acronym. Shameful.

(And/or isn't VEGETA )

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dzhay posted:

(And/or isn't VEGETA )

I guess in the end ADTRW stands for Awful Decision That Ruined Webforum

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm watching the first episode of Irresponsible Captain Tylor and the scene with the recruiting officer is just ruining the story for me. No real military recruiter would try to talk Tylor out of his delusions.

Not that fact that he's basically a bum that scored a command-level officer job?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Facetious posted:

Not that fact that he's basically a bum that scored a command-level officer job?

Look, suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

you should switch around the main page icons too imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Anime tonight @ 8pm eastern, a non-cure earth centric episode of Healin Good Precure, a triple header of Magic Circle Guru Guru, and the Crest of the Stars OVA, Birth
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dzhay posted:

(And/or isn't VEGETA )

Cowardly mods at it again.

The Colonel posted:

the way steins;gate writes luka is kinda weird and sometimes doesn't feel like it entirely understands what it's going for with them but its heart is generally in the right place

I'm not that far in but I think it's fine so far, better than I expected after Okabe kept going on about how men shouldn't be attracted to men and stuff.

AlternateNu posted:

Did you seriously read that in the 5 seconds it took me to fix the missing slash from my spoiler tag? :negative:

:shrug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I thought this subforum went missing. I scrolled past it like 10 times before realizing its right there with a new name.

Thanks Wark. :mad:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Now I'm all.fuxked up because I reflexively type ad in my browser bar to bring the froums up and it doesn't work any more :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

We're just borrowing it for a bit, I promise to bring it back and it won't smell of gear oil or anything!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GorfZaplen posted:

Now I'm all.fuxked up because I reflexively type ad in my browser bar to bring the froums up and it doesn't work any more :(

Same actually. Though now it's easy to find the car forum :v:

The name will switch back in a few days or so

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

We're just borrowing it for a bit, I promise to bring it back and it won't smell of gear oil or anything!

I never noticed the switch. Do you guys have a Suzuki thread where I can go complain bout my 12 year old SX4 and the lack of parts to fix the quickly growing list of problems? :v:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

its only fair we make an itasha thread in the car forum now, since they have our name

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'll allow it. Also watch Redline.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

El Burbo posted:

its only fair we make an itasha thread in the car forum now, since they have our name

Only if you give a dubbed car anime on hulu on the car technical level of the first season of Initial D.

They nailed the details so drat well on the sounds, engine shots and even the parts on the cars. They are all correct and are all actual parts you can buy. Past that some of the engine notes and details aren't correct, but its still 95% there.

I've watched redline and while it 100% captures the whole idea of AI of what we would do if given the technology and money, I don't think I'd enjoy it as a whole show.

And I've bounced hard off of wangan midnight even though it should 100% be something that is my jam. Dunno.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally have a reason to stream deco truck gal nami

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

PSN versions on sale right now!

Yeah..yeah it is..

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Bringing my two disparate hobbies, cars and anime, together at last.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how despite Okabe repeatedly insisting men shouldn't be attracted to men he has, thus far, only acknowledge that Luka is attractive and none of the women he knows.

e: Sending a coded message telling someone whom you don't know to eat more vegetables to try and change the sex of their child is some absolutely galaxy brained poo poo.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 25, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/LandofObscusion/status/1309326336155176960?s=19

Good god.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The messages they're trying to send to Luka's mom sound like NES (well famicom) RPG character dialogue :lol:

EAT VEGGIES FOR HEALTHY KID

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Is it even worth it at point? There is no way in hell you are going to make back your money on the time it’s going to take to do it.

I wonder if they perhaps could then claim the subtitle script as completely their own work so any other companies that then license it for English speaking companies pay them to use that script.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

I thought this subforum went missing. I scrolled past it like 10 times before realizing its right there with a new name.

Thanks Wark. :mad:
We lost a bet. I also have to wear pants, despite my well-known hatred for them. :negative:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

“Oh man, you can’t face reality, can you? Talk about averting your eyes from the truth. If I score with the ladies, what’s it to you?” Then, Durin looked as though something had suddenly occurred to him. “Ah, could it be!? Are you actually into... you know...”
“That’ll be enough of that.” Jinto knew Durin was just firing back, so he took it lightly. “I’ll have you know I’m a devout follower of the Hetero way. And no matter how thirsty I become, my faith shall hold strong. I will neither woo nor romance you.”
“I’m fine with it, honestly.” Durin’s eyes clung to him.
“If you liked me, you should’ve confessed to me sooner. Oh yeah, we’ve still got time. Let’s take a moment, before we part ways, to verify our romantic feelings...”
“In full view of all these people?”
“You think public view is any obstacle so long as you’ve got love?”
“You are surprisingly unrelenting, you know that. It makes me wonder whether you might secretly be a ‘pagan’ yourself.”
“Don’t be silly.” Durin dropped the gag. “‘Cause if you’re a devout Hetero, then I’m a crazed Hetero fundamentalist extremist.”
“Oh, I know.” Jinto drank the rest of his coffee and tossed the paper cup into the receptacle in the middle of the table. “Thanks again for the drink.”

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

big fan of in book 2 when lafiel sees jinto shake hands with the former baron of febdash and asks him if thats a form of deviant sexual behavior, also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

big fan of disguised lafiel on the cover of book 2 though, the covers of the old tokyopop versions were much lamer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't decide which undercover lafiel look i like better, the book cover or the anime

jinto's ash ketchum look is definitely a step down from whats described in the book, however, where he describes the people of sufagnoff as loving bright and colorful clothing

quote:

“Oh, this old thing?” Jinto looked down at the jumpsuit he’d donned. How many colors were plastered over it? The three primaries went without saying, and joining them in the madness were indigo, pea green, pink, reddish brown, tan... there were roughly 20 shades in all.
The clerk at the boutique had assured him the color scheme looked dapper on him.
“I think you’re gonna have to get used to colorful.”

this concludes my series of crest of the stars posts for tonight, thank you for reading

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Buy me the Gundam novels snail

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wow he actually went and did it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Quick ask him to buy you that new giant real life Gundam they built before he comes to his senses.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why it's unarmed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

you're welcome

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Why it's unarmed

Customizable Gundam! Think of the possibilities!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

Julias posted:

Same actually. Though now it's easy to find the car forum :v:

The name will switch back in a few days or so

If you borrow the name, you borrow the shame. You should force AI to do an Initial D simulwatch.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

homeless snail posted:

can't decide which undercover lafiel look i like better, the book cover or the anime

jinto's ash ketchum look is definitely a step down from whats described in the book, however, where he describes the people of sufagnoff as loving bright and colorful clothing

this concludes my series of crest of the stars posts for tonight, thank you for reading

The zany fashion sense is better than future space people looking like standard late 20th century people, but I can't help but notice the book cover disguise doesn't actually conceal Lamhirh's two most distinguishing features.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Crest/Banner of the Stars was such a good franchise and it's a shame that it never took off in terms of getting more official TLs or more anime. Even the kind of crappy Tokyopop versions still had a lot of the writing shine through, it was a world that just felt so much more well realized than you'd normally get in a light novel (which shouldn't be terribly surprising since IIRC they are considered actual novels rather than LNs).

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I've watched two (2) episodes of Crest of the Stars and the boy was bad. Thank you for listening.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

im reading worst after finishing crows and it loving rules so much. i will probs try to watch the miike crows zero movies later as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nate RFB posted:

Crest/Banner of the Stars was such a good franchise and it's a shame that it never took off in terms of getting more official TLs or more anime. Even the kind of crappy Tokyopop versions still had a lot of the writing shine through, it was a world that just felt so much more well realized than you'd normally get in a light novel (which shouldn't be terribly surprising since IIRC they are considered actual novels rather than LNs).
It also helps that Morioka is honest-to-goodness kinda crazy about crafting the settings to the extent that he does (he did the same for the other series I've read of his, War of the Moon vs Fire/Darkness)