Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
https://twitter.com/FlannyMLB/status/1284645475082285056?s=19

I see Glenn Sparkman is up to his old tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

No wonder the broadcasts are pushing "everyone is excited!" "this should be here to stay!" so hard.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Excited to watch Singer get smacked around in his debut today.

Why activate someone 3 days into the season? Surely that won't have any effect on service time.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Royals status: officially in the hunt! :cool:

Singer looked really good. Finally hit some homers. So yeah, it was good.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Not only did the Royals win, Greg Holland got the save. And not only did Greg Holland get the save, it was a real throwback Greg Holland experience. He hit a guy to put the winning run on base before striking out the next three.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Sandy Alcantara. That's the only one I know for sure.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

JV is so clearly going into the hall of fame. This is silly.

JV, Kershaw, Mad Max, and Greinke are all going.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

loving laffo if you think *a pitcher* is being left out because *the hitters* were stealing signs. And as big a deal as trash can banging is let's not pretend it's the black mark that PEDs are.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

CC should. He wasn't as good as the other guys, but! I think he is good enough and he will have the force of Yankee fandom behind him.

He is culturally significant enough to Black baseball that it would be a real shame if he doesn't go in.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Speaking of cy youngs probable hall of famers should have won, I'm still mad at Arrieta.

Edit: Just saw the Ohtani news... loving rough.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 27, 2020

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Correa in that video is so loving funny. Throw your fastball! Why, idiot?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The only thing more insufferable than Astros have been Astros fan tbh.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

It was a change-up he was working on STAC Goat, who is checking your facts?

But yeah the whole thing is pretty hilarious. It would be a lot less hilarious if someone actually got hit of course. Which leads to another point: it is going to be really annoying when Astros fans get up in arms every time a pitch comes inside, regardless of intent. I am reminded of certain fans insisting that Volquez meant to hit Springer and break his wrist when he hit him 2015. And that getting brought up like months and months later like it wasn't a fastball that happened to get away. And that was before this persecution complex.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Joe Kelly threw at the Astros because Joe Kelly lives for excuses to throw at people. He's a bully with a weapon and perceived sense of power and authority. If he wasn't a baseball player he'd be a cop.

Joe Kelly doesn't have 3 pitches. I don't buy it. He just throws the thing and sometimes it goes kinda straight and fast and sometimes it goes kinda slow and falls. What it ends up being by the time it hits the glove is up to fate.

I got two pitches coach: fastball and mystery flavor.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The Astros have got to have the worst culture from top to bottom. From tanking to squinty eyes to cheating to acquiring Osuna to Taubman to accusing Apstein of fake news to the non-apology tour to lobbying the league to downsize the minors to their dumbass whiny fans' persecution complex. They are just the loving worst. And no amount of teehee we are just the heels now can cover for your toxic rear end garbage loving organization or your continuing commitment to supporting it. loving garbage team.

And I say this as someone that has been pretty consistently anti-beanball! If the league really wants to avoid beanballs in this case maybe they should have actually handled things! This current vigilantism is pretty clearly a direct result of Manfred's coddling of the Astros. Not that that makes it cool to throw at people. But yeah, the extend the heel thing, turns out people like to see heels get comeuppance, even if that comeuppance is actually kind of immoral itself.

God drat I loving hate the Astros.

Edit: and I saw you compare throwing at Bregman to domestic violence and that was loving gross and you should be as ashamed of that as rooting for this garbage team.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Nothing against the Blue Jays, but the correct answer was definitely the first answer. The Reds are the obvious choice for a team to follow for a few years until the cheaters leave town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Manfred really taking a page from the Trump playbook on this one. Funny how the people in charge aren't to blame for any of these outbreaks.