Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

J-Rod will likely be done for the ‘year’

I mean, if it was a regular season he was probably gonna be starting at AA if they were being aggressive, but for a guy who's about power, I worry a fracture like that saps it, even if it's a hairline one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ichiro learned Spanish for the sole purpose of poo poo talking other players.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This is a weird swing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LookoutLanding/status/1285409992183410688

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's precedence for home teams playing away games the entire season. The Mariners had to do it in 1994 when the Kingdom ceiling tiles collapsed, and ended up playing all the games on the road. They looked at playing in Cheney Stadium (AAA park) as well as BC Place in Vancouver but the players' union veto'd both of them. They would have had to finish the season on the road had it not been for the strike.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress it, 16 team playoff is the best chance the Mariners have to end the playoff drought despite this anemic team, let's do it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone know how to connect your cable provider with MLB.tv? Seemed to be easy (albeit tedious) to do it last year so I could watch in the app without blackouts. Can’t find any option anywhere this time around.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Should I feel sadness for Verlander?

Hmm... nah.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

bawfuls posted:

Verlander is lucky his body lasted as long as it did. Felix's started falling apart much younger

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Florida just keeps loving everything up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who's gonna be the MLB equivalent of Shane Falco that leads the Marlins to a .500 season?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

America's pastime for sure :911:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, doesn't Puig have the 'Rona anyway? You'd gotta test all the guys (which I suppose would be part of a physical anyway).

But that FA roster is not as bad as I thought.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

bees x1000 posted:

Watching games over the weekend, I cringed every time the camera showed largely maskless dugouts. Insanity.

In a hypothetical situation where people are constantly getting tested, everyone in the stadium shouldn't be infected so there isn't a huge risk to not wearing masks. That said, players are going out into risky spots too much so lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah putting the players in a bubble in Arizona is a way better method than this Laissez Faire method MLB decided.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TheCohencidence/status/1287786697225371648

lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone have the gif of the "are you sure you want to delete this team?" From (I think) OOTP? Need that for the Marlins now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Put the Sugar Land Skeeters in Miami, if anything.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GalacticAcid posted:

He loves baseball, but what’s weird is that he’ll be an active athlete AND an owner simultaneously.

Owners and players have different interests haha

He wouldn't be the first NFL QB to own a minority stake in a team. Russell Wilson is a minority owner of the Seattle Sounders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Johnny Bravo posted:

Rob Manfred?

Mattingly coaches the Marlins, so he has some culpability w/r/t players not following bubble protocol.