Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh I thought it was Baltimore that had the famous crabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lumpy posted:

DeGrom if I recall.

No it was Syndergaard.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought BP used HRD screens precisely to prevent this

they use screens for the soft-toss BP you see in the HRD

this looks like "live" BP which is real pitching, I assume the reason they don't use a screen is it would get in the way of the pitcher's follow-through

though assuming pitchers aren't going to have to field a bunt or cover first I don't know why they don't at least put a screen a couple feet in front of the mound

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

smh how's he gonna get 3000 hits and into the HoF if he sits the season out

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Votto is the loving best :allears:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/susanslusser/status/1281748895438004224

firstly, lmao at this

secondly, AJ Puk's going to lose 2mph off of his fastball for cutting his beautiful golden locks

hey it worked for deGrom

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dinosaurs! posted:

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1283475084498345984?s=20

False alarm? I’m hesitant to trust Adelson even on good news like this, so I’m going to assume he’s in the running until the sale is made.

honestly I'm not sure whether being owned by the Wilpons or an actual literal zombie would be worse

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
no-one's using that Field of Dreams field for anything right now, right? can't wait for the Iowa Blue Jays to be a thing

there's a market for all sort of I <3 BJs gear

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Still don't think the season happens, but I just wanna say that the Giants schedule is pretty brutal

https://twitter.com/ktvusports/status/1280276335345102849

Seven games against the Dodgers in LA and only three in SF. Six games (1/10th of the season) in Coors Field. And the only under .500 teams I see on there are Texas and Seattle (the Rockies don't count because, again, Coors). If the whole team doesn't die maybe they can get the #1 pick in next years draft at least.

the Padres are not an above .500 team

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
somehow I missed that the Mets signed Hunter Strickland

cause having one awful person in the bullpen just wasn't enough I guess

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I can't find whether the roof was closed but to me that looks like a routine infield popup that caught some wind and ended up in LF, which is not a very rare occurrence at all in baseball

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

So if the whole point of a five man rotation is to save your best arms from getting tired over a 7 month regular season, who's going to be the manager that pulls the trigger on a four-man rotation to get as many starts as possible out of their top players?

I don't think many clubs are going to want to take risks in this of all seasons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

how do you even fall off a cliff like this?

someone rushing blaming the Mets medical staff in 5...4...3.....

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

But he posted his best full season the year after the one he missed...

he missed 2014 for TJ surgery

the TOS surgery was after he'd been ineffective early in the 2016 season

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

there is absolutely no chance of this actually happening

not because he'll get booed, but because there's no way the Strongest Healthiest President wants people to know that he can't throw a ball to the catcher even from in front of the mound

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 23, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1286745903668305921/photo/4

Jeff McNeil absolutely loving rules

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

Serious answer: 12, right? Plus whatever he can field, and with an NL DH, no .088 avg dragging him down, neh?

even a replacement level pitcher will win a couple of games in a season

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

i audibly gasped when i remembered that Edwin was on the White Sox, and am having a real hard time seeing Thames in a nationals jersey. I think seeing a Cubs roster yesterday with Jeremy Jeffress on it was also jarring, and I just had to look up where Strop ended up and saw he's on the Reds. What the hell, baseball.

Starlin Castro is a National

e: and I don't think Matt Harvey has signed yet but his B-R page has him in an Oakland hat which I totally missed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that sure is some mixed messaging he's got going on there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
ah yes the traditional 6-5-4-6 fielder's choice for no outs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
n: mets

v: mets

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Oh yeah, reminds me. Forgot to play "Name The Marlins From Memory - 2020 Edition" this year, wherein we try to name Miami's starting nine and pitching rotation.

uhh here we go

C: Jeff Mathis
1B: Jesus Aguilar
2B: Omar Infante
SS: Adeiny Hechavarria
3B: Jorge Cantu
OF: Magneuris Sierra
OF: Cole Gillespie
OF: Matt Joyce

P: Sandy Alcantara
P: Jose Urena
P: Chris Volstad
P: Dan Straily
P: Edwin Jackson

alrighty i'm satisfied, i think we got pretty close.

Hechevarria is on the Braves, which I only know because in the 10th yesterday the Mets booth were talking about him being the only guy left on Atlanta's bench

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

guaranteed he thought he could not do it and just say he had

then he saw Sauci's first pitch and realised people would actually be able to watch him attempt to throw a ball in the vague direction of home plate

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm not following why a guy who I assume can no longer get the virus would opt out

he can still pass it on to his family

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

this is the third time I've seen you do this and it's not nearly as funny as you seem to think it is

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Three corona cases, that's possible. Seven corona cases, there's an outside chance. But nine corona cases? I'd like to see that!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sweet

he seems cool and also he's gotta be a better backup catcher than Tomas Nido

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

marioinblack posted:

I believe the best way to solve this is to come together as goons and form a temporary Miami Marlins team. I will gladly be your second baseman because my arm strength is bad and I don't want to run around in the outfield. We can field a team that gets embarrassed every game, but still can score 4 runs off the Cubs bullpen.

I will happily start in LF for the Marlins v2

I vow to catch at least one fly ball and never actually swing the bat ever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Hall of Famers don't sit out seasons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Popete posted:

The only pitcher stat that matters, W.

W in day games

Jacob deGrom finally getting his due

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I hope the driver(s) is(are) getting some sort of hazard pay for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sydin posted:

Alright so we've got Kimbrel and Allen, are there any other thoroughly washed up closers we can add in to create the ultimate over the hill bullpen?

too bad you missed the boat on Fernando Rodney

e: wait no, he signed with an indy ball team so he's still available