Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dvoa for individual performances seems dumb when some of them are gonna be "remember that time someone had 60 yards against literally the greatest defense in nfl history?" "no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

300 million dollar mckinsey led review to find another native american fine with the current dc football team's name.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1279112672231989248

i mean, that's a month and a half of doing poo poo. per the NFL important dates tracker says mid july with cuts on september 5 which is basically the same.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

lol they megasized the magical disappearing Kaepernick contract

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1280283087688077314

well that's stupid

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

overthecap has details up, usually they take a day or two to get the info but this was quick:

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

positive cap savings after 2022, 0 dead money after 2024.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kiimo posted:

I don't think anybody has talked about how Leigh Steinberg virtually came out of forced retirement for alcoholism/bankruptcy and one of his early clients on the way back in was Mahomes.

Have to think this skyrockets him right back to the top of the list.

what list? the poo poo list?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

This is my point, that guarantees suck, the signing bonus sucks, and what good is it if you have 60MM in salary coming in in 2027 when you can get cut before that with 0 dead money

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

D-LINK posted:

Yeah the guy with 3 cups, 2 gold medals, 2 Hart trophies, 2 Art Ross trophies, 3x Ted Lindsay award, 2x Rocket Rishard trophy and 2x Conn Smythe trophy is definitely not a finisher, says the I'm Glad the Bengals Lost Guy

none of those are awards for winning fights

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I read jenkins' quote as a direct refutation to the fake hitler quote.

It seems like everyone is apt to treat the black hebrew israelite stuff as a sideshow, and has been doing that for a while.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LOTR is basically an enduring footage roll for tourists and football would be like fifteen seconds of tony romo saying how great the golf is in NZ and maybe a blimp shot on MNF.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Also why pay NZ a billion dollars when you can get a tax cut and a free stadium from somewhere in texas/florida/arizona and not actually have to deal with any actual quarantining.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Arizona and florida could probably convert all their baseball spring training fields into fooball fields.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they're all doing spring training in their home cities. I think with the diamondbacks specifically it's at chase field too.

the cost of the fields is whatever and they'd have like... months to fix it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

When does spring training start? It's before Spring actually starts, I know that.

feb 12 but you'd think the super bowl would automatically be at the cardinals or some florida team's stadium

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

So they'd have a month and a half assuming all the post season games are played at universities who lost too many students to covid to continue the season.

they've fixed sod on bye weeks. poorly, but a month and a half gives you a lot of time to fix the mistakes.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

it's so funny that ron rivera is the nfl's coaching face of the military just because his parents were in it

well the alternative is bill belichick so...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Docjowles posted:

If the Chiefs can manage to give their quarterback the ~biggest contract in the history of sports~ and then also lock up the other key pieces, I really don't want to hear any other team using the salary cap as an excuse for failing to get a deal done ever again lol

it's easy, just get guys that are ok with basically 0 signing bonus

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

an interesting thing is that today a new batch of trademark applications were published for public consumption and there are 0 from the "pro-football inc" company that owns the redskins, or the attorney that does all (?) the nfl trademarks.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

not really sure i believe that it's sexual assault and drugs and also somehow angled so that other owners are furious at snyder for it and it hasn't been leaked on twitter by any players

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

drat man, how bad is this fucker? I know next to nothing about the Knicks.

he's like jerry jones owning the cubs, and not the world series winning cubs. and a less likeable jerry jones.

he wrote a song about trayvon martin for his band

it just goes on forever. i can't pick anything out in particular

e: he had a fan favorite player ejected and arrested for probably telling him to sell the team https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Oakley#Madison_Square_Garden_arrest

e: hired mckinsey to tell the coaches not to watch game film https://deadspin.com/report-hiring-a-consulting-firm-made-the-melo-knicks-e-1836917227

said this before KD and kyrie went to the nets:

quote:

Look, New York is the Mecca of basketball. We hear from people all the time, from players and representatives about who wants to come. We can’t respond because of the NBA rules, etc. But that doesn’t stop them from telling us, and they do. I can tell you, from what we’ve heard, I think we’re gonna have a very successful offseason when it comes to free agents.

there's like a dozen stories about various knicks media and legal outlets whining about the NY post/ny daily news

hifi fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 16, 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

alright it's been thursday for almost half a day on the east coast, which is where i'm told all the news comes from.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's not nothing but it's so depressing. one of the women left in 2015 and this is coming out. we knew they were piles of poo poo in 2018 and they're the same piles of poo poo now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

some combination of patrick peterson/kerry rhodes/daryl washington (big oof at that last one). warner was good and i was vaguely aware of the jake plummer years as a kid but that defensive core really got me paying attention to football

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cris: al i'll tell you about those teens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Ignore that covid talk, let's talk about safety value!

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1287745153420197888

"was a first team all-pro at one time in their career" is a bad metric for this imo, and using devin mccourty as a specific example, kind of disingenuous to use all-pros by different publishers (SN, PFF, PFW)