Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm on windows 10, it is fully updated.

All of a sudden within the last few days, when I turn on either of my two Xbox 360 wireless controllers, they will not pair with the wireless adapter. The 4 green lights around the X in the middle just flash and pressing the pair button on both the controllers and on the adapter does nothing.

I've tried two different controllers, I've tried plugging the adapter into different USB ports, I've tried purchasing a new adapter - same result, I've tried going into device manager, uninstalling the "unknown device" that is the driver for it, scanning for new hardware changes, clicking on update driver, clicking on Browse my computer for drivers, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, scrolling down to Xbox 360 peripherals, clicking on Xbox 360 wireless reciever for Windows (this is the method that worked last time this happened) - to no avail.

Every google search I do points me toward that last solution, which I've tried numerous times - it just says Windows has successfully updated your drivers, Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever for Windows - and then either the newly purchased Xbox 360 wireless adapter or the one I originally had will not pair with either of my controllers.

I feel like it has to be something to do with Windows 10. Anyone got any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Could be the USB hub itself. Would help to know model, maybe there's an updated chipset driver. Windows in-place upgrade might have grabbed the wrong one.