Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Didn't Omega say at one point he just doesn't drink? I wonder if they're just playing into internet talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, this is kind of bullshit.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

send Chuck Taylor back to ROH in a big crate

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

HANGMAN ON FTR'S SIDE :aaaaa:

Hangman as a horseman in the most obvious swerve of all time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Best Friends shoulda won.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
STOP TEASING DISSENT BETWEEN MY BEAUTIFUL BOYS, TONY KHAN :mad:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Something, something belt pillow for FTR. Time to hope they're not setting up for the Jericho/Mox rematch or next week isn't going to feel much better.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

HANGMAN ON FTR'S SIDE :aaaaa:

He sensed beer getting poured on the ground instead of being drunk and his fight or flight response activated

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nairbo posted:

Didn't Omega say at one point he just doesn't drink? I wonder if they're just playing into internet talk

he's straight edge

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Also; LEAVE THE TEETOTALER ALONE ASSHOLES!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anyway yeah that match was...it wasn't bad by any means but it just felt weird to me. I had a feeling Kenny and Page were winning the moment the match for next week was made because it's probably taking the place of Mox/Cage and they want that starpower there but I was really hoping for Best Friends to win regardless.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love Hangman getting upset and the visual of him being on FTR's side. Great story telling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw Omega and Page winning was absolutely the right result no matter how much you like Chuck and Trent.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

he's straight edge

Pretty rude of FTR to not bring him a kombucha or something.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nairbo posted:

Fair point, if FTR really wanted to celebrate they would have thought to bring him a capri sun

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hell.

the dynamite poster of the week for this week is the official Wryter Best. congratulations to them and all runners up, plus everyone else too who all did a great job

1. Dango Bango
2. Huntman
3. DuhSal
4. boxcarhobo
5. Prokhor Zakharov

there will be an opportunity to be the second and final Wryter Best of this year next week, which will carry exactly the same prestige.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xbilkis posted:

Hangman as a horseman in the most obvious swerve of all time

It makes perfect sense and the Horsemen dynamic is always to have a young upstart that Ric/Cody has taken a shine to. Hangman being Tully makes too much sense not to do.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't even give a poo poo about them blowing off a solid team by moving onto the next big challengers, that's how they're doing it here. And I even get that they want to keep the Buckshot protected AF. But that finish was weird and out of nowhere and Chuck and Trent deserved better, goddamnit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

hell.

the dynamite poster of the week for this week is the official Wryter Best. congratulations to them and all runners up, plus everyone else too who all did a great job

1. Dango Bango
2. Huntman
3. DuhSal
4. boxcarhobo
5. Prokhor Zakharov

there will be an opportunity to be the second and final Wryter Best of this year next week, which will carry exactly the same prestige.

I'm honored :allears:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MJeff posted:

btw Omega and Page winning was absolutely the right result no matter how much you like Chuck and Trent.

only because they really need Omega and Page on the show next week

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Anyway yeah that match was...it wasn't bad by any means but it just felt weird to me. I had a feeling Kenny and Page were winning the moment the match for next week was made because it's probably taking the place of Mox/Cage and they want that starpower there but I was really hoping for Best Friends to win regardless.

I was honestly afraid of the opposite. I thought BF were going to win and next week's hook would be it being their first title defense.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i am emotionally wounded by that finish

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

only because they really need Omega and Page on the show next week

Nah. Because Omega and Page were the hottest thing in the company before the plague started. So you shouldn't take the belts off of them until you can pay it off in front of a crowd.

Also, they're the best tag team in the company. So you could also just have them hold the belts for a year.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Fair point, if FTR really wanted to celebrate they would have thought to bring him a capri sun

FTR there to cause trouble is a pretty blatant subtext here

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

yea, even thou I'd like to have seen best friends win, I agree. omega and page's run still has juice imo and a best friends win would be much better in front of a crowd with more build I think.

Cavauro posted:

hell.

1. Dango Bango
2. Huntman
3. DuhSal
4. boxcarhobo
5. Prokhor Zakharov

aaaaaaaaaaaa I ranked. right in the middle. cozy.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

To me the problem with Page as a Horseman is he goes from being the #2 or #3 singles guy in The Elite to being the #2 singles guy in the horsemen when really he should be the champ

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They at least made Best friends look stupid strong even if the ending was weird. Chuck killed Kenny and they would of won if Kenny didn't break up the pin.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man...maybe the Best Friends are never going to win the big one.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MJeff posted:

Nah. Because Omega and Page were the hottest thing in the company before the plague started. So you shouldn't take the belts off of them until you can pay it off in front of a crowd.

Also, they're the best tag team in the company. So you could also just have them hold the belts for a year.

Nah, after that long you run out of challengers and people get bored.

I am disappointed but not surprised. Also that match just didn't have the energy you'd expect a match with a title change to have.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

In a vacuum, you’re right, but I really feel like the “Until you can pay it off in front of a crowd” line really isn’t a timeline anything can operate on.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

It's okay to have champs that aren't transitional

Nyla also should have held the belt longer than she did

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We arn't paying anything off in front of a crowd for a long, long time.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

Man...maybe the Best Friends are never going to win the big one.

long term storytelling... hopefully.. (I think they will win the titles at some point. not only because they deserve it on their merits as wrestlers but because they really were a big part of the early quarantine shows. I can see tony and the rest rewarding that stuff).

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

MJeff posted:

I'm not sure how much longer you can have your booking on hold waiting for crowds. Especially with poo poo going wild down where they're headquartered. Who knows when that's gonna be. Vince is apparently set on trying it but I hope AEW is smarter about it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ChrisBTY posted:

I am disappointed but not surprised. Also that match just didn't have the energy you'd expect a match with a title change to have.

i don't know if they hosed up their timing or what, but only leaving them 16'ish minutes to work with with no chance to roll over seems to have hosed with some of the pacing/planning, because early it had the pace of a much longer match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

In a vacuum, you’re right, but I really feel like the “Until you can pay it off in front of a crowd” line really isn’t a timeline anything can operate on.

You're not wrong, but specifically in this case, Omega and Hangman are so good and AEW's tag division is so deep, you can honestly just keep going forever.

ChrisBTY posted:

Man, this division has so many matches they can still do, even with some guys gone due to pandemic or, uh, very unacceptable language.

Frankly, they could just run Omega and Hangman vs. Lucha Bros every week and get at least a couple months out of it before I got bored.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm really starting to dig Shida as this death machine who will knee your face off the second you make her mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

It's okay to have champs that aren't transitional

Nyla also should have held the belt longer than she did

It's weird. It feels like Nyla's reign was too short but I also dunno if they could've held off Shida getting a title shot any longer, she had beaten EVERYBODY.