Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

first raps placement game tonight on their brutal schedule but I hope they rek the Lakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awkwerd paws

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement
watching lacrosse on tv and wondering how something that fun to play irl kinda sucks to watch on tv

a凸[◣_◢]凸 unban Anne fraje fanfic a凸[◣_◢]凸 Summer FYA D 2022 a凸[◣_◢]凸 good bird byw hot cocoa on the couch

408419132479 #MarioKartTour #MarioKartTourPlayerID pm to join mario kart discord

nut

awkwerd paws posted:

watching lacrosse on tv and wondering how something that fun to play irl kinda sucks to watch on tv

I used to go to Rock games all the time where the beer costs 3x admission and the one time it was fun I was unreasonably high

HulkaMatt

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I bought a radio in 2020 to listen to baseball and i am in my element

BUG JUG

Mn United through to the semis against Orlando FC. Gonna be a banger and United should win this as they are on really strong form.

nut

chef kisses all over that raps win

Twenty Four

HulkaMatt posted:

This softened my already pretty soft heart just a little more :)

STING 64

hulkamatt gets a point

more falafel please

forums poster

HulkaMatt posted:

baseball on the radio is a pleasure unparalleled in this world

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Twenty Four

more falafel please posted:

double quote for truth!

Photex

Get your baseball in now folks, the Marlins ruined it forever

more falafel please

forums poster

Photex posted:

Get your baseball in now folks, the Marlins ruined it forever

the cardinals ruined it for the central, which they do every year

Joey McChrist

the cardinals ruined it for the central, which they do every year

:vince:

i'm excited for a noon raptors game tomorrow. i really like early games for some reason????

awkwerd paws

and yeonis ruims it for the mets go figure

a凸[◣_◢]凸 unban Anne fraje fanfic a凸[◣_◢]凸 Summer FYA D 2022 a凸[◣_◢]凸 good bird byw hot cocoa on the couch

408419132479 #MarioKartTour #MarioKartTourPlayerID pm to join mario kart discord

Twenty Four

this won't happen, but just lmao if the Marlins don't play again but make the playoffs with a 2-1 record since they are going by win percentage

Jigglesby

we're gonna win Twins

we're gonna score

BUG JUG

Jigglesby posted:

we're gonna win Twins

we're gonna score

No don't jinx it.

awkwerd paws

cant wait to watch the nets grit out one win before being mowed over as an 8 seed for like the fifth time in recent memory enjoy the pick wolves. i should prob find the basketball forum for that but I womt . gng

awkwerd paws

this thread kind of feels mine

awkwerd paws

my sig doesnt look as nice in here

BUG JUG

It's a good sig and this is the best thread ive ever made its awsmeso.

awkwerd paws

oh that's nice. you shouldn't let it fall to the second page like that then bud

awkwerd paws

sports are,like , eternal, man.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

awkwerd paws posted:

this thread kind of feels mine

Welcome friend

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Twenty Four

GaG now that you understand baseball pretty well you need to learn about balks

Wasn't this Jon Bois if I remember right? I don't follow specific sports writers much but he is pretty funny, but also pretty smart sports wise! Usually you only get one or the other to some degree.

Also I think he did the really long article about how Barry Bonds would have the best at bat in history if he went to plate without a bat every time and just stood there?

And another that was just sort of a weird article about satellites past the outer solar system running simulated football games?

Having trouble finding stuff right now

Anyhow rule 1 is all anyone who doesn't know really needs to know lol.

BUG JUG

awkwerd paws posted:

oh that's nice. you shouldn't let it fall to the second page like that then bud

Sometimes the yob don't wanna discuss sports and I don't want to be that guy always pushing the sports thread.

But yeah sometimes I do bump it.

awkwerd paws

Twenty Four posted:

Wasn't this Jon Bois if I remember right? I don't follow specific sports writers much but he is pretty funny, but also pretty smart sports wise! Usually you only get one or the other to some degree.

Also I think he did the really long article about how Barry Bonds would have the best at bat in history if he went to plate without a bat every time and just stood there?

And another that was just sort of a weird article about satellites past the outer solar system running simulated football games?

Having trouble finding stuff right now

Anyhow rule 1 is all anyone who doesn't know really needs to know lol.

Yeah it's a youtube video like would Barry bonds still have whatever on base percentage or some poo poo like that if he played without a bat idr I'll be nice and link it in a few if noone else does. jon bois is really good

awkwerd paws

Tou should do sports wenever do not let The Man get you down, man

Jigglesby

BUG JUG posted:

No don't jinx it.

did i

Twenty Four

The Diamondbacks got a first pitch of the game home run by Kole Calhoun today and unless it is against one of my teams I always love to see a first pitch homer and that "oh yeah here we go!" feeling and seeing the pitcher just demoralized and falling apart right from the beginning.

cda

by Hand Knit

Twenty Four posted:

The Diamondbacks got a first pitch of the game home run by Kole Calhoun today and unless it is against one of my teams I always love to see a first pitch homer and that "oh yeah here we go!" feeling and seeing the pitcher just demoralized and falling apart right from the beginning.

brutal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
there are lots of kinds of real good baseball games but one that i like is where a pitcher comes out and get shellacked for like the frist three innings and it looks like they're going to get pulled and then they turn it around and they team comes back. pitchers have got to be the mentally toughest players in all of sports

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

cda posted:

brutal

True, but you know that feeling!

cda posted:

there are lots of kinds of real good baseball games but one that i like is where a pitcher comes out and get shellacked for like the frist three innings and it looks like they're going to get pulled and then they turn it around and they team comes back. pitchers have got to be the mentally toughest players in all of sports

And this is also great! That "aww poo poo we are screwed" but then things turn around above all odds and you can't even believe it! I agree, I don't think there is more pressure on anyone in sports other then baseball pitchers.

To put it in perspective the game I mentioned earlier, the game was in the ninth with bases loaded because the set up guy screwed it up and with no outs and the closer got put in on his dang birthday and managed a double play and another out and that sort of suspense is just hard to come by!

more falafel please

forums poster

Twenty Four posted:

I agree, I don't think there is more pressure on anyone in sports other then baseball pitchers.

yeah, there's not really any team sports where the outcome is so dependent on the performance of a single position, and in the case of starters, a single player. like if your QB just doesn't really have it you can adjust and run the ball more, plus your defense can effectively neutralize the entire team. it's totally possible in baseball to have your defense outside of pitching perform perfectly, your offense score like 9 runs, and have no hope of winning because your pitching staff is just getting shelled

awkwerd paws

Twenty Four posted:

True, but you know that feeling!

And this is also great! That "aww poo poo we are screwed" but then things turn around above all odds and you can't even believe it! I agree, I don't think there is more pressure on anyone in sports other then baseball pitchers.

To put it in perspective the game I mentioned earlier, the game was in the ninth with bases loaded because the set up guy screwed it up and with no outs and the closer got put in on his dang birthday and managed a double play and another out and that sort of suspense is just hard to come by!

Ooh it was it birrthday who was it (asking for a friend)

awkwerd paws

it's super cute that buffalo gets to have a baseball team but also the wonderful albeit coincidental synchronicity as far as team name alliteration. can we call them the buffalo blue jays. Is that allow sd d

Twenty Four

awkwerd paws posted:

Ooh it was it birrthday who was it (asking for a friend)

Archie Bradley but, it was a few days ago by now I guess. It was still a great outing!

awkwerd paws

Happy birthday Archie

awkwerd paws

Islanders time to make a run gogogo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
akwerd paws are you feeling good about yourself. the red sox are loving dogshit poop out of an rear end and i hate them