Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

Serious answer:
I grew up in Missouri in the 80's, so I had to like baseball. With Ozzie Smith on one side of the state and George Brett on the other, it was hard not to. When I got older we used to take bong rips, and turn down the volume on the TV so we could listen to the play-by-play on the radio. Truly the chillest sport.

Joke answer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

more falafel please posted:

"touch 'em all, joe!" goddamn i remember that like it was yesterday. i really liked mitch williams but i hated the phillies so i had some mixed feelings but i think it's impossible to not like the jays

Prof. Crocodile

I'm watching professional baseball! my Chicago Dogs are an out away from a win on opening day vs the Milwaukee Milkmen

Did I hear correctly that this was a sellout crowd for a minor league game? That doesn't happen too often. Hilarious team names probably a big part of that, imho.

Prof. Crocodile

BUG JUG posted:

I feel like that happened in soccer once. Jose mourhino got carded and came back.

No fake mustache though. Let's not lose sight of what is important here.

Also, let's not forget how chill baseball was in the 1960's, as exemplified by Mickey Mantle.

Prof. Crocodile

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm the kind of fan who doesn't pay attention at all until one of the local teams starts doing really well and then i start yelling about how "we" won

Atlanta.txt

Prof. Crocodile

mike fiers was also instrumental in revealing the scandal about how

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

I mean yes one look at that beard and you can see he is a man of integrity

Prof. Crocodile

awkwerd paws posted:

So when's your first professional game

:kiss:

Prof. Crocodile

nut posted:

while im ik, i will give a sixer to any1 who posts anything positive about the sixers

ok the team is obviously awful but they apparently produce some next level haircuts

https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/03/20/philadelphia-76ers-barber-appreciation-night-produces-some-epic-haircuts-pics/

Prof. Crocodile

the cardinals ruined it for the central, which they do every year

small brain: corks bat
big brain: steals signals
galaxy brain: gets teh covid

Prof. Crocodile

hello byob sports thread. i haven't been here in a while since i am gradually caring less and less about the sport with every passing year. or at least i was until i saw something magical:

Prof. Crocodile

i agree, that's generally the best orientation to do it from.

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

redbirds are up 6-3 on the padres, and i'm hoping they can make a good run at the ws without having to use their secret weapon getting teh covid