Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Match of the Night
This poll is closed.
Tag Titles 14 15.56%
Women's Title 25 27.78%
TNT Title 1 1.11%
Dinosaurs vs WARDLOW and MJF 50 55.56%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

FTR would have an amazing match against the Florida Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't think aew officially doesn't do no DQs, I just don't think one has happened yet.

There's been one: the PAC/Omega Ironman match.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't think aew officially doesn't do no DQs, I just don't think one has happened yet.

Pac took a DQ for one of the falls in the Omega iron man match which was cool. There was also a no contest in one of the Nyla-Shanna Dark matches because they attacked each other before the bell, if that counts

I agree that there's nothing wrong with a well executed DQ in a weekly TV match, but since they've held out this long without doing a proper one then they should really make the first one count. Honestly, a good candidate would be a Bucks-FTR Dynamite match ahead of the real deal at a PPV

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rantmo posted:

There's been one: the PAC/Omega Ironman match.

that match was sooooo good

I miss the steroid goblin

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Didn't Nayla get DQ'd last year for putting someone through a table? Might have been on Dark...

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blunt posted:

Didn't Nayla get DQ'd last year for putting someone through a table? Might have been on Dark...

she got suspended but i think it was after the match?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

blunt posted:

I think you're thinking of her suspension for putting a ref through a table

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think you're thinking of her suspension for putting a ref through a table

Nah I was thinking of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Hkw7mTkWE

Totally misremembered it though - no DQ because the match never started, and Shana put her through the table. Lead to AEW's first tables match though the next week on Dark.

Also my timeline is totally messed up because it was only this year (jesus 2020...)

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I've been watching Lucha Underground, and I dig how they use DQ's. I feel like it gives the plot a lot more leeway to go in interesting directions. It's also weirdly easier to suspend disbelief when DQ's are a bit more plentiful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lanky_Nibz posted:

It's also weirdly easier to suspend disbelief when DQ's are a bit more plentiful.

Try watching Raw

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Try watching Raw

no, thanks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Try watching Raw

On that note, thanks for killing the thread.

GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932103

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

New N/V: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932149