Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

He's been a part of the community for a while, and was picked by Literally a Bird to IK the contentious and fast-moving PYF Sagas thread. He has done so wonderfully, and with her departure, I was gonna need a little help.

He gets this place and is going to be good for it. Thanks for volunteering, Moon Slayer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Great choice! Thanks, Moon Slayer!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Thanks, Pastry, and Bird. I'll spend today getting up to speed when I wake up a bit more, but very quickly I just want to say that imo PYF should be a chill place to relax and shoot the poo poo about your, well, favorites. So that's how I'm going to be approaching things!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cool :cool:

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I think I've only ever read about 4 posts by you, but already I think you're going to do a grand job.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Somebody hook him up with a blue feather

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Daikloktos posted:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Daikloktos posted:

Should be being worked on as we speak!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've been doing this less than a day but I can already tell you that 90% of this relies on people reporting bad posts. We can't be reading every thread there is, so please help Pastry and I out!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Moon Slayer posted:

I've been doing this less than a day but I can already tell you that 90% of this relies on people reporting bad posts. We can't be reading every thread there is, so please help Pastry and I out!

I really wanted to report this post, as a joke, but refrained

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hi moon slayer, you were great in sagas and I can’t wait to see what you star in next!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I mostly know you from overambitious Let's Plays of MMOs, so taking jobs with a high risk of burnout seems to be in your wheelhouse. Good luck!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Moon Slayer posted:

Bad posts? In PYF?

Don't go holding your breath.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOD AND YOU'LL NEVER REPLACE BIRD

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

StillFullyTerrible posted:

I mostly know you from overambitious Let's Plays of MMOs, so taking jobs with a high risk of burnout seems to be in your wheelhouse. Good luck!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Piss Meridian posted:

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOD AND YOU'LL NEVER REPLACE BIRD

Nobody ever could. :(

:lmao:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

This is a troubling development...

(not really)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Moon Slayer has been a real up and coming go getter here in PYF and I extend my congratulations to him and look forward to his almost certain spectacular meltdown and exit from the forums

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

oldpainless posted:

Moon Slayer has been a real up and coming go getter here in PYF and I extend my congratulations to him and look forward to his almost certain spectacular meltdown and exit from the forums

more like oldfaithless

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
All hail the moon mods of PYF, Moon Slayer and the other one... what's-their-name, the one with the red crecent superimposed on a full moon avatar...

Melaneus has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Jul 4, 2020

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
nevermind

Mister Kingdom has a new favorite as of 11:04 on Jul 4, 2020

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I welcome our new mod, Moon Moon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How do you have two birth months?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

How do you have two birth months?

How do you not?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Aw man, not knowing what this was is going to bother me way more than whatever mean thing I assume you said would have.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The blue feather looks real nice, congrats!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Moon Slayer posted:

Aw man, not knowing what this was is going to bother me way more than whatever mean thing I assume you said would have.

It was a possible rules violation (meme related) and I didn't want to get probated.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mister Kingdom posted:

possible rules violation (meme related)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That's a strong contender for the new PYF title.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hello Moon Mod.

I’m out of the loop, is LaB just giving the title away or are they leaving SA? Not trying to drama, just liked them is all.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rolo posted:

Hello Moon Mod.

I’m out of the loop, is LaB just giving the title away or are they leaving SA? Not trying to drama, just liked them is all.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've just had a conversation with Bird, and she asked me to pass along the following to you:

She's quit the forums. She's also in touch with Logan. Logan is safe, and has a plan in place.

That's all she wanted me to tell you. I can't give you any further information because I don't have any, but she and I both knew that a lot of you would want to know.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thanks for linking that thread, I’m glad other people liked bird’s posting as much as I did and I’m sure you’re gonna do great too.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

but if you slay the moon how will we have tides

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The moon's corpse likely has approximately the same amount of gravity and inertia, so the tides would likely be unaffected, and being composed largely of inorganic compounds, likely wouldn't change much visibly either. You would just know, when you looked at it, that it was dead. Just a dead moon corpse drifting through the sky, materially indistinguishble from a living moon, yet somehow not the same.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

blatman posted:

but if you slay the moon how will we have tides

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Moon launch postponed amid controversy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Moon Monster posted: