Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
It's a rarity here in Miami. I don't like espresso or espresso-based drinks. I make my own hot coffee and cold brew in a French press and it's good, but gently caress sometimes I just want some of that gas station or Denny's level poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gross OP.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
This is the good stuff

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Nah instant is too gross even for me

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Instant coffee plus instant espresso plus driving off a bridge

Classic.

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014
There are two types of coffee, arabica and robusta. Arabica tastes good, robusta tastes bad and is not really coffee.

Op you have detected the third, secret dimension of coffee: mold.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Rascallion posted:

There are two types of coffee, arabica and robusta. Arabica tastes good, robusta tastes bad and is not really coffee.

Op you have detected the third, secret dimension of coffee: mold.

This cool coffee fact brought to you by nobody gives a poo poo because nobody ever drinks or buys robusta and it's never in stores or at restaurants, it might as well not exist as far as the average person is concerned

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Nah, I'd rather drink some actual decent coffee in the morning.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Go to NJ. Diners are a culture unto themselves and have good food and good coffee.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i dont like watery lovely coffee, no

but yes, i prefer a larger volume of coffee i can work on through the morning, rather than just sipping an espresso for about half an hour followed by liquid poo poo avalanche

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Do you all have poo poo coffee culture in the US?

How do you have so many Italians making pizza and stuff but no good coffee?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Do you all have poo poo coffee culture in the US?

How do you have so many Italians making pizza and stuff but no good coffee?

I think I made it pretty clear that we have good coffee, I just choose not to indulge in it. Maybe you should stop talking poo poo about the US because I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you badmouth the greatest democracy the world has ever known

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

feelix posted:

Maybe you should stop talking poo poo about the US because I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you badmouth the greatest democracy the world has ever known

*stands in line for seven hours to vote*

RadCatHoarder
May 22, 2020

by Athanatos
As a coffee snob, I'm both offended and disgusted by this whole thread.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Normally I'd say same but the fact that you're posting this from Miami makes me angry when I would kill for a Cuban espresso. The hubris.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
What is considered a good straight down the line US coffee?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Doc Fission posted:

Normally I'd say same but the fact that you're posting this from Miami makes me angry when I would kill for a Cuban espresso. The hubris.

Cuban coffee is loving gross and for fat people

People who don't know what we're talking about : Cuban coffee is so sweet it literally gets syrupy because the sugar is supersaturated

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I love my trash too op

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

feelix posted:

People who don't know what we're talking about : Cuban coffee is so sweet it literally gets syrupy because the sugar is supersaturated

What do you drink, like what beans or brand? and style?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

What do you drink, like what beans?

Shut the gently caress up, you're not special because you Googled some poo poo that makes you look smart when you talk about coffee beans

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

feelix posted:

99% of the time when you add a demonym in front of the word "coffee" it involves adding enough sugar to induce adult-onset diabetes (e.g. Cuban, Turkish, Vietnamese). Doesn't mean they aren't delicious every once in a while, though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

feelix posted:

Shut the gently caress up, you're not special because you Googled some poo poo that makes you look smart when you talk about coffee beans

well my uncle is from cuba so i've had pretty good cuban coffee a few times and while i wouldn't drink it all the time it's a tasty treat to be sure

you're the first person in my entire life to have expressed the opinion that cuban coffee is gross so congrats on that one i guess

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Mozi posted:

well my uncle is from cuba so i've had pretty good cuban coffee a few times and while i wouldn't drink it all the time it's a tasty treat to be sure

you're the first person in my entire life to have expressed the opinion that cuban coffee is gross so congrats on that one i guess

I think that most very sweet things are gross tbh

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
fair enough, i take my coffee black normally anyways too

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
please op, yell at me about coffee

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

feelix posted:

what a dumb oval office lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014

feelix posted:

This cool coffee fact brought to you by nobody gives a poo poo because nobody ever drinks or buys robusta and it's never in stores or at restaurants, it might as well not exist as far as the average person is concerned

Don't know what your talking about, it's still everywhere and tastes like poo poo. All coffee pretentiousness literally boils down to wether it's robusta or not.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like cheap burnt coffee that's been left to go lukewarm then poured over ice. It's bitter but there's something about the spike of astringency followed by the cooling that is really good to me. Maybe a small amount of sugar.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I like an espresso poured into a glass of iced tonic water.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

feelix posted:

feelix you need to calm down or something, put away your coffee

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Professor Shark posted:

feelix you need to calm down or something, put away your coffee

Nah he needs to keep going and ramp up more if anything

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

I like an espresso poured into a glass of iced tonic water.

Nah breh, cold brew + soda stream

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Inverted Icon posted:

Nah breh, cold brew + soda stream
:barf: that cannot possibly be good, can it?

For whatever nonsense reason, it reminds me of when I thought that unflavored whey protein could be used as creamer. It cannot. Do not do it.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

My wife has a Breville espresso machine and I still use the percolator instead because I'm an uncultured swine.
I'm considering getting a 10$ drip coffee maker from Canadian Tire soon to move on down to the next level.
I like you OP.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

naem
May 29, 2011

I drink coffee

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i like my coffee like i like my women: cute and funny

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The best coffee is $0.50/cup bodega coffee. A fun game is to try and guess how many days it's been sitting in the pot before you got to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Whole beans, ground at home, with a bit of milk.

I am not American, please tell me of your ways.