Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Music is fine and opinions are fine.

Be nice to each other. Or I'll tell your grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Slush Garbo posted:

madness were bad come at me

This is actually true tho

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Alright.

Everyone can it and post music.

https://youtu.be/lQFKMar4x-w

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

barnold posted:

P.O.D. is my favorite reggae band. I think they really captured the zeitgeist of the time

Oh yeah? Post some POD reggae. I wanna jam.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

barnold posted:

:laffo: i legitimately went to google and typed in "POD reggae" and now i am cursed with this knowledge that according to google, POD actually was partially a reggae band. i was just gonna post Boom lol

edit: turns out there is a genre schism between google and wikipedia 🙀

The funniest part is that I knew that at one point they did release a reggae-influenced EP.

I hate POD.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I never got to see Fishbone live and I'm still mad about it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

here's a ska classic that has it all - a lighthearted poke at a jamaican having difficulty with african names as congo gained its independence, followed by a really heartfelt coda where he shows it was indeed a joke and he's not an rear end in a top hat to the land of his ancestry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aePR0ejK_h0

P.S. I am for reggae hot takes in this thread, personally.
P.P.S. allsecondwaveskasucks
P.P.P.S. If second wave brit ska or third wave punkska/alt-rock reggae were your gateways, fine, as long as you actually step through the gate and enjoy the real thing too

This is good

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I think that's enough reggae thread.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bunny Wailer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

barnold posted: