Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
So for a long time Bob Marley and the Wailers would transport me to a place sober that beat being on drugs while listening to anything else. (Not that I didn't also listen to them while high as gently caress. Because that was even better.)

Then one day I noticed that it didn't have that same effect. Not just the albums I had been playing so far, but even material I hadn't heard yet. I started experiencing GAD and MDD not too long afterwards. But in this case I think the two were only linked by the coincidence that it happened around the same time as those things tend to start. I am much better now but still just can't rock out the same way. Is that what people mean about the magic of childhood that goes away and never returns? But then, Oasis and Wilco (and admittedly old Coldplay when high) made me feel the same way afterwards. Although they don't now and maybe nothing does.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

prepuce repurposed posted:

thievery corporation is top of the line and the rest are just old reggae roots fellers

I wanted to listen to them and searched Youtube and got this artist which reminded me I want to get this album on my phone ASAP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0LZ20ppkNo

Bright Bart

Finger Prince posted:

Ok I get what you're saying but consider this: have you ever been in a loving mood and listened to Redemption Song?

Yes! Some discussion below this post about B-sides and deep cuts but honestly just listening to a whole album that has the regular radio cuts plus more is enough.

I guess some of it might sound cheesy in the way that playing Sublime on repeat or writing a songs about love that use the word "love" might seem. But all of what it deals with was and is important and if it might seem simplistically dealt with that's part of the style and the people it was written for seemed to think it resonates so there is that.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 29, 2020

Bright Bart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXKiK-c8xTg