Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

RIP Ghislaine Maxwell

Her death is unfortunate in that the case will never see the light of day now. This is infuriating.

e: am I too early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Watch her get put in a cell with the worst serial killer still alive.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

:smugdon:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Oh thank god, the case would've been screwed if he didn't waive his "privacy rights"... Imagine a bunch of FBI investigators in a room going "this guy better waive his privacy otherwise we got nothing!"

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I suggest we all raise a glass (can be anything, you don't have to be a drunk to mark this moment) tonight to mark the fact that, as of this writing, Ghislaine Maxwell is allegedly still alive!
Let's all make sure we forever remember where we were, what we were doing when Ms. Maxwell is finally suicided in custody.
Let's recognize history as we live through it, fellow goons.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Cool how we're all resigned to her being assassinated before she can testify against anyone and that an extremely powerful group of child molesters being completely untouchable is just another on the list of things we shrug and laugh about.

It's not cool, no. More cynical than cool, at least.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Rainbow Knight posted:

it’s pretty low hanging fruit and sounds a little petty, yeah.

Who gives a poo poo if she's smoking? I just hope she grows out of that unremarkable random fuckwit and find someone who's anywhere near as cool as Literally a Person.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

If she testifies along party lines I'm going to cry.

- Your honor, those kids were asking for it as you will remember since you were there.

- Hell yeah, acquitted babe.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

gently caress off

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

PIZZA.BAT posted:

normal loving brain

I never posted nor watched anime.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Anything but a pool on the date I lose my virginity on.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 7, 2020

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It looks fugly but certainly not creepy.
As for the bathroom thing, come on, that's definitely someone drawing a dick over it. Have you ever been in a public bathroom?

The greek myth. stuff is messed up, however.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

LargeHadron posted:

The words you said about this stuff promised so much more than the pictures delivered

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

E: nvm wrong thread!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Das Boo posted:

I've been saying "Jizz-LAYN" and I will not be corrected.

That's how it is pronounced in french so that's the right way to say it.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

toggle posted:

was jizzlane just the procurer of children? Or did she do sex stuff too? Or did she only fuel Jeff's insatiable hunger for kiddie poon and convince him on how to run it as a business? Was she actually the brains behind it all?? Was she a double or triple agent???

We'll never know OP hth

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The magic bullet theory is definitely one of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories out there.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Editing stuff about age of consent good lord, why does everything have to be so hosed up

Because it's Reddit OP

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Then again put me in a cell with that roid cop I'll be knotting that noose before you're even out of the cell.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

CocoaNuts posted:

He's gonna go kicking and screaming into the slammer someday. It's gonna be a hoot.

"I have NOT been put into the "slammer" as some foul mouthed goon might say, I have been put in "protective custody" for my own protection, BIG difference." - Alan Dershowitz

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I would like to offer my sincere sympathies to the remaining family of this judge.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Can you even have legal immunity for something that's obviously a loving crime?

Like can you just sign a paper that makes it so someone can just outright murder you and can't be prosecuted? Wtf is this immunity agreement BS?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wish I asked who that was before looking it up

Last I heard about her, her neighbors were majorly pissed to find out Homolka was now in the neighborhood.
She usually gets doxxed fairly shortly after moving in somewhere.

For some reason people don't want her nearby.

e: before anyone else looks her up, it has to do with rape and murder of underage girls.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

Elizabeth Hurley

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I was watching the doc on Theranos and it got me curious on David Boies, the lawyer who represented them (as well as being on the company's board of directors)...
This guy represented Harvey Weinstein and was instrumental in going after Weinstein's accusers using "private intelligence agency" Black Cube:

quote:

In 2017, Boies' firm reportedly directed private intelligence company Black Cube to spy on alleged victims of Harvey Weinstein's sexual abuse and on reporters who were investigating Weinstein's actions.[41] Over the course of a year, Weinstein had Black Cube and other agencies “target,” or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focused on their personal or sexual histories.[42][43][44]

Boies' firm was representing The New York Times at the same time.[45] A few days after The New Yorker broke the story "Harvey Weinstein's Army of Spies", The New York Times announced it had “terminated its relationship” with Boies' firm.[46] [47] According to its contract with Weinstein, Black Cube's assignment had been to kill the paper's negative reporting on Weinstein.

He also represented Gore in the Bush v. Gore recount affair... why is this relevant?

quote:

In his 2001 book, prosecutor and author Vincent Bugliosi criticized Boies' abilities as a trial lawyer, arguing that Boies "wasn't forceful or eloquent at all in making his points" in Bush v. Gore. "[A]lthough he seemed to have a very good grasp of the facts, he seemed completely incapable of drawing powerful, irresistible inferences from those facts that painted his opposition into a corner".

The conspiratard side of me would suggest he could've been somewhat "less competent" on purpose in that case.

But I digress, guess who's represented by Boies right now?

Presently, Boies represents several of Jeffrey Epstein's accusers including Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

George Clooney more like George Blowme

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

What is a sex toy, asked a confused Ghislaine Maxwell.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Poohs Packin posted:

This article is paywalled so I guess I'll just form my opinion based on headlines like everyone else all the time for the past 10 years. That can't be harmful right?

Hey did you know strawberries cure cancer?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

All this time I thought I knew better than forum poster Gleebster. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

gleebster posted:

So she ain't dead.

OK, everyone who said she would be dead would be better off to :toxx: than blather.

Ban everyone except this guy imo