Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Just what it says on the tin. I asked HoS if a thread like this existed, but apparently not, so here it is! This is for any song that you've got stuck in your head - any genre or band.

Personally, for one reason or another I've had Elvis Died For You by Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction. (ZM&TLR are a glam rock band - very absurd in style/lyrics) Not sure why really, since it's hardly their best song - but I dunno, I just haven't been able to get it out of my head since Monday!

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

hahaha so good! Can't believe I haven't heard it already :D

Oh also, thanks to a goon the other week, I've had Where there's a whip, there's a way from the animated LOTR series stuck in my head for weeks, before Elvis Died For You worked its way into my head. (aaaand now after remembering it, it's back! :doh:)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had the (great) opening for Mistreated by Rainbow stuck in my head, lately. I'm certainly not complaining, though! :v:
It's just such a shame that I can't find the studio version of the song anywhere. The live version on the CD I have is pretty good, but I tend to prefer the studio version whenever possible

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Before that it was Kill the King by Rainbow.

Oh yeah, what a great song! I was listening to it just earlier, even. Possibly my favourite Rainbow song overall

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had I Surrender by Rainbow stuck in my head, lately.

I dunno why really. I guess partly that I like Rainbow's sound in general, the vocalist (despite him not being RJD) and also a little bit of the fact that most of the lines cleverly (well, IMO anyway) end in words ending with an 'ah' sound. Bit weird I know, but hey, we don't get to choose what gets stuck in our heads! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well unfortunately, I've had I Want It That Way stuck in my head for the last few days. Primarily the B99 cold open version. Since well, I do like B99 and well, my partner likes both the song and B99, so I end up being exposed to it a lot

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Macarena was playing yesterday at a business.

Dammit.

I've got good news and bad news, everybody! The good news is that I Want It That Way is no longer stuck in my head....while the bad news is that Macarena now is :(

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had a whole raft of songs (medieval/renaissance ballads, plus a heap of sea shanties. Playing Sea of Thieves hasn't helped matters!) played on the hurdy gurdy, lately. My favourite would have to be Bosun Bill.

I've always considered looking into getting a gurdy, but this past year has really been bringing the idea to the forefront of my mind...sooo the other day I ordered one to be made. Not cheap, but it's probably my favourite instrument - so it'll be interesting to see how it goes! Either way, I imagine I'll have a lot more hurdy gurdy music mixed in with the glam rock songs that are normally stuck in my head/posted here! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvbzCfpL00

Here, have a hurdy gurdy-led earworm to start with.

Oh, very cool! I have a feeling I may've listened to some other music from her - possibly a collaboration or something. Normally, if I'm not listening to a shanty (or some upbeat gurdy cover) I'm listening to this guy. I'll have to check out more of Patty though - she seems to be taking the gurdy in a different direction to what I'm more familiar with

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does anyone ever have a word as your earworm? Just a word that you keep thinking in your head, devoid of what it is or context.

No, fortunately for me! I think I'd go crazy after a while, if that were the case. :D I do get like, 5sec snippets of music stuck in my head quite often though.
Especially this part of "Into The Nightmare" by Demon, which is featured throughout the song.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, for one reason or another I've had a few Rhino Bucket songs stuck in my head, throughout the last few weeks. Mostly This Ain't Heaven (especially the opening/main riff of the song), but also a with little bit of Lifeline and Shot Down sprinkled on top for good measure.

For those who don't know 'em, Rhino Bucket is basically a late '80s AC/DC-style band, but with a hint of Kix mixed in for good measure. (From memory their drummer is ex-AC/DC and I think the guitarist is ex-Kix?)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been listening to a lot of RAGE lately, after forgetting that I bought a couple of their albums ages back. Kind of a bummer they weren't more popular really, since I quite enjoy basically everything I listen to, of theirs.

Mostly I've been listening to Money, but some of their other songs (like American Radio Stations and No Prisoners) really get drilled into my head, too.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had Misunderstood by Fastway stuck in my head, recently. Bit odd since I haven't listened to them in a while, but welp, seeing as it's stuck in my head I figured I might as well listen to them again, on my bus trip to work! Now it's even more firmly stuck :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had a variety of songs by Dirty Looks stuck in my head, recently. Mostly Turn of the Screw and Cool from the Wire, but also some of their newer stuff like Second Chance (Didn't Take It) now and again.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

RestingB1tchFace posted:

'Hey Old Man' by Superbloom. 90s grungy alt-rock goodness from a new Brooklyn based band. This song is like crack to my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BejalisxuRI

Oh hey, I'm not normally into grunge but this isn't bad at all!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been listening to DAGOTHWAVE yet again. Plus some of the synth songs out of Hotline Miami (specifically Hydrogen by M.O.O.N., which has been the main one that's stuck in my head) yet again, which is always good - especially for listening to on quiet and dreary bus rides home at night.

I'm normally a purveyor of rock, but I can't go past Hydrogen now and again, or hilarious stuff like Dagothwave (so if there are any recs for similar artists/tracks, let me know! I've got no clue)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Despite not being the best song from an album that's definitely not their best, White Trash by Zodiac Mindwarp has been stuck in my head all week, somehow!
(Not that I'm complaining, as it doesn't sound bad IMO and I find the theme amusing enough, heh. Definitely a departure from their glam rock roots, though)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Seems like I've had Zodiac Mindwarp stuck in my head a lot, this month... This past week it's been the song Rock Savage for some reason - particularly the first minute. It's been so firmly stuck in my head the last few days or so that it's been continued to rotate through my brain in the dead of night, which isn't really helping my sleep schedule! :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Zogo posted:

Yes, it's been almost twenty years now.

Oh wow, I didn't even know about that fire until now - just read up on it then, and apparently GW split into two groups afterwards? (I'm pretty behind on them. I like their original stuff, but haven't kept up to date)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Someone played I Was Made For Lovin' You by Kiss recently, so as a result I've had it stuck in my head for two weeks now! :argh:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had the song at the end of the BBC "Idris Elba Can Do Anything" sketch stuck in my head, recently. Good ol' Idris Elba! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had the childhood classic "On the Ning Nang Nong" from Play School stuck in my head recently, for some reason. A real banger! :D (ok maybe not)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 18, 2023

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had Somebody to Love by Jefferson Airplane stuck in my head, in recent weeks. Just such a good song from the '60s!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ever since IZWF started up, I've had THIS stuck in my head, as it's used for Evil Eagle's intro song. Such a good piece of music, for such a good wrestler!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had C'mon C'mon by Def Leppard stuck in my head recently for some reason, despite not listening to it in ages. The name always reminds me of the "well, well well" song by Rappin' Ronnie Reagan in the Simpsons though, so maybe that's what got it stuck in there. (heh heh, they do say "c'mon" a lot)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Ever since IZWF started up, I've had THIS stuck in my head, as it's used for Evil Eagle's intro song. Such a good piece of music, for such a good wrestler!

I've had this stuck in my head again, this week. it periodically come back in for a few days or so, but it's back in force atm - it's such a good theme

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had the VDV/Russian airborne music video theme stuck in my head, this week. It's pretty great in all honesty - and it also has the habit of popping back into my head for a few days or so, every 6-12 months :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had Number 1 by Manowar stuck on a loop in my head, in recent weeks. (The loop is occasionally interrupted by The Gods Made Heavy Metal, but otherwise that's been it!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've had a lot of Manowar stuck in my head in recent months, but the past week or so it's been Thor (The Powerhead), which is just plain good metal

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Stumbled upon Drug Shoes by Zodiac Mindwarp the other day, which I somehow didn't know about until this week - as it's only in some random 'various artists' compilation.
As the name suggests, it's a real weird song/theme. But... I must admit, I kinda love it! :D "I just wanna float, in my drug shoes!" is kinda catchy, I have to say

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh yeah I hate that! I've had songs like that stuck in my head for days on end. Then when I finally figure out what song it is, it's able to pass from my head like a restless spirit that no longer has unfinished business ...to then make room for the next :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oddly enough, I've actually had the DuckTales theme stuck in my head all week. As far as kids shows go, man that one had a banger of a theme song! :D