Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

2020 Camaro

Bought it right before everything went to poo poo (late Feb) so I’ve only been able to but a few hundred miles on it so far :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Here’s me leaving for work one morning. Pre-corona of course.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Bear Trade posted:

Minivans are great. I really want a station wagon tbh. Same mileage as sedan but more storage.

after driving a BMW for many years my next car is just going to be full utility

I'd LOVE a station wagon, but I have too many crotch spawns (3) to make it comfortable. A big downside to minivans is definitely the mileage.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 6, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'd LOVE a station wagon, but I have too many crotch spawns (3) to make it comfortable. A big downside to minivans is definitely the mileage.

Can you trade one in for a van?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Outrail posted:

Can you trade one in for a van?

Well, arranged marriages haven't gone away!

I miss the spacious family-swallowing station wagons of old.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Bear Trade posted:

Minivans are great. I really want a station wagon tbh. Same mileage as sedan but more storage.

after driving a BMW for many years my next car is just going to be full utility

We got a Pacifica as a rental and I was like maybe this should be our next car. It's just so fuckin massive and has some dumb but useful gizmos and features.

For the time being we have a Volvo V60 which is a fine wagon but feels cramped sometimes...

Bear Trade
Aug 8, 2010

dev286 posted:

We got a Pacifica as a rental and I was like maybe this should be our next car. It's just so fuckin massive and has some dumb but useful gizmos and features.

For the time being we have a Volvo V60 which is a fine wagon but feels cramped sometimes...

current dream car right now would be an old Volvo 240 but more realistically I will probably get like a VW Golf Sportwagen

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My car is on its last legs and the van magazine thread really made me want to get an old G20 shorty and put a fireplace in it or some poo poo but I will probably get a used honda element

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

2015 Infiniti Q50

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

RandomFerret posted:

My car is on its last legs and the van magazine thread really made me want to get an old G20 shorty and put a fireplace in it or some poo poo but I will probably get a used honda element

What about a Ford Transit Connect lwb

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 6, 2020

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I live in the back of my 2004 Colorado, it has my bed, boomerangs, and a nice Turkish rug. Life is good.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
^^^ Did you once drive a blue Blazer?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JK Fresco posted:

What about a Ford Transit Connect lwb

Maximum minivan

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Outrail posted:

Maximum minivan

Renault Espace F1 :colbert:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Jaguar x type 2001

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Motherfucker posted:

Jaguar x type 2001

Yikes. How's that holding up?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Booty Pageant posted:

you could always lease....... a 2019 nissan gtr

Could always be a repo guy and drive a big rear end wrecker truck to snap up a dumb hick bastard's stupid race car and possibly get a chance to beat his rear end if he tries to backhand me

Or you, I mean

I drive a tricycle monster truck or something insane

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Charles posted:

Yikes. How's that holding up?

The actual working car-bits have been rock solid for me surprisingly... Every other conceivable part of it is in some way hosed though, the door locks, the windscreen, the roof lining the paint... Its whatever though I got it REAL cheap

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'd like to get a Sportsman and kit it out for maximum outback backcountry action but that's a pipe dream at this point. Hopefully gonna look at a few Tacotrucks this week and get back to my Toyota loving roots.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT: the last supercharged 3800.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

02 Corolla, had a reverse midlife crisis.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I drive a dumb looking Kia Soul that is bright yellow because I am a poor and the yellow color makes me smile

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Bear Trade posted:

im getting my geo tracker lifted

edit: I actually really wish I had a geo tracker

Nah you really don't. I drove one for a couple years. They're kinda cool in a goofy way until the engine explodes on the highway.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have a pontiac sunrunner, it's the rarest of the geo trackers

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Space Race Riot posted:

Nah you really don't. I drove one for a couple years. They're kinda cool in a goofy way until the engine explodes on the highway.

my former in-laws got BOGO Trackers so that he could replace parts as needed (frequently, it turns out)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What are you people doing to your Trackers? They're Suzuki engineered, you just change the oil every six months and they last until the rust literally reduces them to dust

naem
May 29, 2011

My dad had a tracker explode too, one of the pistons like drove itself through the engine block

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

RandomFerret posted:

What are you people doing to your Trackers? They're Suzuki engineered, you just change the oil every six months and they last until the rust literally reduces them to dust

naem posted:

My dad had a tracker explode too, one of the pistons like drove itself through the engine block

Obviously they're not changing the oil every 6 months

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
In this thread? I drive a car made of the dead.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Ford Focus STD

GMC 3500 brodozer dually with 8 point one liters checkmate liberals

XA Shere
Apr 18, 2019

A Tesla? 1989?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
'93 Pontiac Terd, pristine condition

XA Shere
Apr 18, 2019
My friend drives a Ford Pinto, but he had to refit the engine on his own. D.I.Y. orrrr die.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Noice

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It's a Minneapolis moline, doncha know? Got her out of the sears and roebuck catalog.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

didn't know you'd started work with Uber!!!!

good lord lmao

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

2018 Mazda CX-3. I like it but the cargo space is poo poo for a hatch. Probably gonna get a CX-5 when the lease is up.

for what it's worth, I drive a 2013 CX-5, I've put 162k miles on it since buying it brand new in 2012, and I love it. It's not the most exciting vehicle, but it has a nice amount of cargo space, gets decent gas mileage and just all around feels nice to drive. I've taken it on tons of 500+ mile round trip drives and it's pretty comfortable for long trips like that too. Also the AWD system works well enough, I got it because of how lovely the roads get up here in the snow/ice and how long it takes the cities to clear them, and it does really well in those conditions. I'm really happy with it

The newer ones have the entertainment controls in the center console down by the shifter, which is way better (you can mute the bluetooth phone calls by clicking the jog dial, best feature), and they're a bit more agile, if I didn't want something small and fast next I'd totally get another CX-5

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Code Jockey posted:

good lord lmao

for what it's worth, I drive a 2013 CX-5, I've put 162k miles on it since buying it brand new in 2012, and I love it. It's not the most exciting vehicle, but it has a nice amount of cargo space, gets decent gas mileage and just all around feels nice to drive. I've taken it on tons of 500+ mile round trip drives and it's pretty comfortable for long trips like that too. Also the AWD system works well enough, I got it because of how lovely the roads get up here in the snow/ice and how long it takes the cities to clear them, and it does really well in those conditions. I'm really happy with it

The newer ones have the entertainment controls in the center console down by the shifter, which is way better (you can mute the bluetooth phone calls by clicking the jog dial, best feature), and they're a bit more agile, if I didn't want something small and fast next I'd totally get another CX-5

Yeah I had a 2016 CX-5 prior to the CX-3 and I loved it. I test drove a 2020 Mazda 3 Premium with AWD and red leather interior the other day and it was really tempting but gonna hold off until next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i did drive a jeep but i got tboned pulling out of the dealership trying to do my cool secret car wave at all the other wranglers in the lot. basically what im saying is beware of secret societies and the myriad ways they may affect your lives and the lives of the ones you love