Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Lol @ the prospect of ever owning my own personal vehicle. Just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Lol @ the prospect of ever owning my own personal vehicle. Just lmao

I didn't own a car from 2006 to 2011. It was far less convenient and far more expensive to get around where I lived in downtown Philadelphia with a car than with my bikes or using public transit. I HAD a car there but sent it back to Wisconsin a couple of months after moving there because it was pointless to me.

Even now, I bought my current 2013 car used in 2016 with around 34,000 miles on it. It's now almost 2021 and it just ticked over 38,000 miles. When I renewed the registration a few days ago, the DOT page gave me a warning popup stating that the mileage on the car I submitted was low enough to be suspicious and it asked me to make sure it was accurate. I like having the ability to go visit family in Seattle or spend a day at the coast now but I really don't drive it very often. I didn't even notice the plates had expired months ago until recently because it has just been sitting there. Even here in Portland, I tend to still bike, walk, or bus it to most places.

I wouldn't want to NOT own a personal vehicle anymore, though. I've had to drive myself to the ER with blood spurting everywhere, rush to family members during an emergency, blah blahhhh. Even if I don't use it as often as most use their vehicles, when I need it, I NEED it.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I don’t like the RARR I’M FILLED WITH ANGER AND TESTOSTERONE look of new trucks, so I ‘m just going to stay in the past.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
2007 Nissan Versa. Its blue

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Charles posted:

Are you the guy that crossed over into the oncoming lane to go around traffic. I honked at you.

I'm not quite stupid enough to do that but one of these days I'm gonna use an offramp or a right-turn lane as a passing lane and look so cool doing it

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

ah, I found a photo of my car that isn't my other old half-century-old beater car I recently sold:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I like it because hatchbacks are fun looking cars. Moneywise they go for dirty cheap because its a Pontiac 2003. They have Toyota Matrix interiors which is the "little known secret", so they're inexpensive to maintain.

Pontiac Vibe 2003

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 22, 2020

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

zaepg posted:

I like it because hatchbacks are fun looking cars. Moneywise they go for dirty cheap because its a Pontiac 2003. They have Toyota Matrix interiors which is the "little known secret", so they're inexpensive to maintain. I have no major grips with this vehicle.

There's a Vibe GT down the street from me which had Toyota's revvy little high HP engine.
Edit: was it Yamaha designed I think?

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 22, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
A really ugly broken rear end 98 Chevy S10.

I plan on getting a better vehicle next year. Following a legit newer vehicle after covid is over.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I love them. Their very punchy cars. The engine is a bit loud is my only gripe.

Charles posted:

was it Yamaha designed I think?

Vibes were manufactured in the California plant that's now used for manufacturing Tesla's. So before it was a Toyota plant.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2020

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

best bale posted:

:aaaaa: I can honestly say I’ve never been this jealous of someone’s headlights

I've never been impressed with headlights before!
My pal was in the passenger seat and he said 'you know how your headlights follow the road?' and I was 'yeah' he said 'well they do it before we reach the bend, wtf?' and he was right, that's how I found out about them using sat nav.

I like the interior lights, it's a very light based car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFtuCqwLJQc&t=115s

It even has lights in the wing mirrors that face down and light up the side of the car and road, they liked lights I guess :v:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 22, 2020

now on CD-ROM
Oct 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
'09 VW Polo three door in silver. Better remember where you parked because there are half a dozen on every street and parking lot. Mine's retirement spec so it has an automatic and decadent luxury features such as aircon and power mirrors.

Snackula fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 22, 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

2013 ford focus

works fine but only after the notorious transmission issue finally kicked in right during my move to DC two years ago, love to be stranded in north carolina on christmas eve

never buy american

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Good soup! posted:

2013 ford focus

works fine but only after the notorious transmission issue finally kicked in right during my move to DC two years ago, love to be stranded in north carolina on christmas eve

never buy american

Yeah, my ex had two Ford cars affected by that. They were good looking and had some great features but consistently failing to just go and move forward without just sitting there shuddering helplessly instead eventually got annoying.

And the cars' transmissions sucked too. Heyoooooooo!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
72 Datsun 240z
also a 2015 Fiesta for when I want to go places not in style.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Love my car, always seems to stand out in a crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fridge corn posted:

Love my car, always seems to stand out in a crowd

Sadly the tiny Mazda is no more, but I was able to replace it with a ‘98 Tacoma. The day I can no longer find tiny/small trucks is going to be a bad one

best bale fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 23, 2020