Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

I'm intrigued

No manual for this drivetrain combination from what I can find, fuckin a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's auto only.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

No manual for this drivetrain combination from what I can find, fuckin a

Car and Driver says manual is available with the front wheel drive version but not with AWD. That’s SOP with Mazda though.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

grillster posted:

These were zippy cars. This one time on private road/closed course/it was a holiday anyway I got the four door up to 153 mph.

I got mine up to 120 on a road that I had no business going that fast on. I miss having that power to pass on the highway whenever I wanted.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

2013 Camaro SS (not my pic above, just the same model). I really like my car but I have a feeling it gives off an immature look. In fact, I think the majority of compliments I've received have come from children. I'm in my 30s and should probably have something more practical. Leaning towards the Cybertruck, when it comes out.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Devils Affricate posted:

2013 Camaro SS (not my pic above, just the same model). I really like my car but I have a feeling it gives off an immature look. In fact, I think the majority of compliments I've received have come from children. I'm in my 30s and should probably have something more practical. Leaning towards the Cybertruck, when it comes out.

I found 90% of the complements I got on my G35 were from dudes, women didn't seem to give a poo poo.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Devils Affricate posted:

I like the look of these but I have the emotional and psychological maturity of a child so v:shobon:v

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I drive a Volvo wagon. I’ve always driven Volvo wagons, for you see OP, I am a giant dork.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mikerock posted:

I drive a Volvo wagon. I’ve always driven Volvo wagons, for you see OP, I am a giant dork.

RWD or FWD?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
♂WD

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

How’s the Mazda Turbo? I haven’t driven anything with it yet. They’re putting it in the AWD 3 hatch for 2021 and I’m real interested.

i mean it's not "fast" but there's very little lag and it's smooth, and the 6 at least pulls over 300 torque so i don't have any complaints. it certainly doesn't feel as slow as it may be.

also, the reason i didn't buy the signature is because it has a different camera (a 360 degree thing) that has such a hilariously low resolution you can't see anything. any other difference between it and the grand touring reserve is so minimal it didn't matter.

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 16, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I drive a hybrid and it's great compared to the beatdown 1997 Ford windstar minivan I drove in high school

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
1969 Ford Probe

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

mikerock posted:

Volvo wagons own and so do bitchin' Camaros.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
2017 Aygo. It's nice.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Devils Affricate posted:

Sup Camaro bud, I got a 2017 and get lots of compliments from black guys, which is the coolest demographic so that works

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ok here is what I refer to as “the stable” but what I really want is a gt350 ☹️

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

mikerock posted:

I used to have a dork car Volvo! 86 245 with a 4spd + OD manual

https://imgur.com/a/14LKY

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Subaru BRZ.

Sold my 1975 BMW 2002 recently. Miss it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Sold my 1975 BMW 2002 recently. Miss it.

Old bmws are very much a love/hate relationship.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
2000 Saab 9-5

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm still rocking this 2011 Odyssey; I'm still loving life

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
04 Ford f150 with a chrome package and chrome 22s

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

rap music posted:

Old bmws are very much a love/hate relationship.

Yeahhhhh. Yeah. Mine was dented, had ruined paint that was 19 different shades of brown, but I made it into an insane go-kart that was absolutely glued to the pavement. Still, there were twenty things broken on it at any given point.

and I still miss it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I drive one of those old times bikes with a giant front wheel and tiny back wheel it's super dope.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Charles posted:

RWD or FWD?

Currently AWD, which is FWD most of the time. I've had all manners of drives and transmissions except hybrid and the 4X4 on the new V70CCs (which I hope to change) because as I pointed out in my original post I am afflicted with crippling dorkism.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The_Continental posted:

Is the "traveler" vanity plate some kind of sovereign citizen thing?

If you call them fellow travelers and hum the internationale the smarter ones get super upset

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I drive a Mercedes CLS, it's the model above the E Class, it's like a 4 door coupe, 4 seats, it rocks, I posted this in a car thread somewhere else:

I can't get a pic at the moment because lockdown means my car is tucked away and a bit grimy but last year I got one of these:

Merc CLS, I really like it. It does stupid funny things like when you unlock it the headlights fade in blue to greet you, I am simple guy I guess.
The seatbelts also hug you when you plug them in.
These things are important to me.
More seriously it is an awesome car, fast enough for me, flappy paddles and three gearbox modes. It the most comfortable car I've ever had easily and to me it looks amazing, like a 4 door, 4 seat coupe.
It even parks itself, which is odd.

Looks like this inside

It eats miles and has been a real fun car so far

Honestly rhe headlights are the best bit I think, they follow the road, and when you come to a roundabout they open a 'light curtain' so they spread both ways, apparently they hook into the sat nav to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUmloyQxlg

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

My ride...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

rap music posted:

I used to have a dork car Volvo! 86 245 with a 4spd + OD manual

https://imgur.com/a/14LKY

Love the blue interior

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Obsidiankart

Cum AllYeFaithful
Oct 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Audi A3

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:aaaaa: I can honestly say I’ve never been this jealous of someone’s headlights

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
My fifth and last ICE car. 1997 328i 5-speed. Lots of fun to ride, easy to service and entirely offline with no concept of center console software updates or anything like that. Offloaded it in 2016. Now I live in a well-connected city and work from home so I don't need a car and so I just ride a bicycle. My next car when I leave the city will be an E36 again but an electric conversion project starting from a donor coupe model with nice interior and a busted engine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

now on CD-ROM
Oct 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I used to have a 1972 Plymouth Duster. Everything about it was broken and when you turned the engine off it would keep idling for about two minutes after you stepped out of the car. I miss that piece of crap.

My headlights were messed up in the wiring like they'd turn on and off randomly sometimes and I was driving behind someone on a lonely pitch black country road one night and they started doing that and I think I really freaked that person out because they suddenly gunned it and sped off. Sorry person, plymouth wiring bad. I was not in your back seat the entire time.

don't currently own a car.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Hey, check out that 4x4! One day, Jennifer. One day..."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

man I would love to own a small truck

I really wish Ford had made the modern Ranger smaller, but alas

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
This summer I got a 2013 Rio5 that's cute and I mostly like it

My last car was a 2002 BMW 330xi and I miss it because it's a fun ride but do not miss maintaining that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

now on CD-ROM
Oct 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Catastrophe posted:

Hey, check out that 4x4! One day, Jennifer. One day..."

When I'm on my lenova think pad (running Linux mint obv) later on I'll post some pictures of my actual hilux B-)