Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Spokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hmmmmm....

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Is Roy here yet?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sandnavyguy posted:

Is Roy here yet?

Do you want to speak on that?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yes. Basically, if all 5 of us were here, that move you made would have been very enlightening I think. But as long as there’s only four of us, no one will be voted out.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes. Basically, if all 5 of us were here, that move you made would have been very enlightening I think. But as long as there’s only four of us, no one will be voted out.

So it’s null.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spokes posted:

I think I've done a much better job listening to you than vice versa, tbh. I was a little tentative on day 1 but as I've made arguments, i've stuck to them as long as they make sense and moved to others when more information is available. Meanwhile, you've screeched things like "NOW YOU THINK BOOGIE IS TOWN!?!?" and "I NEVER SAID SAND WAS SCUM", specifically trying to misrepresent my arguments as loudly as possible.

I do genuinely hope you are scum rather than a condescending rear end in a top hat.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

sandnavyguy posted:

Adding that i'd very much like to see all five of us here and claimed--roy's role has been the subject of the most speculation in the game and sci seemed to confirm it's... something.

I'm also looking for an explanation on somber's vote-unvote move. If it's to see if you can trick scum into jumping on and trying to hammer... why would you target the person you allegedly suspect most of being scum?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Dear guys, I realize that my hammer looks lovely.

Allow me to explain what I did and why.

I am not a cop.
I am a jailer.

Night one I locked up Scientastic. There was a night kill that night, so I couldn’t have been him. That isn’t enough to clear him, but at the very least it confirmed he did not perform the first kill.

I understand that I do not have perfect information, but it is at lease something to work with. When the conversation started about me being a cop, I had to make a choice.

I opted to shut down the discussion, and with my “ACAB” to put it out there that I was not a cop.

I did so in a way that made me look terrible. It was a risk, and eight hours is early, but if we were honest with ourselves, what were the odds that the vote would have changed to somebody else during that time.

By putting down a questionable hammer and with my ACAB, I was hoping for two things.

1. I would have another chance to perform my night actions and kick somebody up. I had a 20 percent chance to prevent a night kill... maybe buying another day before LyoL.

2. By putting down the hammer, and setting myself up, there was a chance that scum would let me survive the night - to be an easy set up for today.

I doesn’t look good, but I did what I could do to best benefit the town.

Last night, I opted to lock up spokes.

“Now Roy, why would you do that when you suspect somber”

It was out there I had a power role.
It was out there that somber was my number one suspect.
I figured then that instead of spokes making the kill, the partner might take the shot, given the unclaimed nature of my ability.

Spokes was number two on my list.

A night kill still happened.

I think Somber is our best bet for today.
But I am hesitant to put a vote down at this time, because if I am wrong - our presumed two scum will drop down and hammer for the win.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There's no way we have both a doctor and a jailer and a tracker in a nine person game.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I am almost positive, and I’ll stake my vote on it solidly, that if somber is town spokes is scum and vice versa. Unfortunately at face value that still doesn’t change the 50/50 odds rn of voting out scum

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I do genuinely hope you are scum rather than a condescending rear end in a top hat.

This is a very poor attempt at refuting my points

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

But it does mean we don’t even have to consider Sci and Roy as possibilities at all right?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

There's no way we have both a doctor and a jailer and a tracker in a nine person game.

I think you don’t like it because it doesn’t work out in your favor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Scientastic posted:

I was targeted on the 15th of July, whatever night that was, and it was something that doesn’t really fit with being docked, so I think Roy probably targeted me. I believe he has a PR, whether it’s town or not, I don’t know.?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Because as a corollary either Roy or Sci is also scum.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

But it does mean we don’t even have to consider Sci and Roy as possibilities at all right?

Given the circumstances, I think it makes sense that we consider all possibilities before a single one of us puts down a vote again.

Somber was either being reckless, or playing a gable he knew would “work in his favor”. Neither makes me feel very good

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Because as a corollary either Roy or Sci is also scum.

So one of them is lying as well.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So any argument should be based on those two I dependaent cases lest it devolve into a scum bro team vs a town slapfight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was almost certainly going to be the vote today, Roy's reasoning that he had spokes and me both on his scum list is very silly.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I was almost certainly going to be the vote today, Roy's reasoning that he had spokes and me both on his scum list is very silly.

I don’t think it is silly.

I think you two making a public spectacle is a great way to divide and conquer. If you two make it clear you can’t possibly be in the same team, if one goes down, the other couldn’t possibly.

Every time somber got into it with somebody, they kept their cool and apologized “for being a dick” when they totally haven’t been a dick

Somber doesn’t do that with spokes, who they are a lot meaner to.

If I was scum, in such a tight game, I’d do my best to make sure nobody associated me with my partner.

Like I said before, I think Somber is playing a clever game.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I was almost certainly going to be the vote today

How do you figure? Roy looked suspicious as hell at the end of the day, SNG was doing some bizarre role reading/fishing, I agree that Sci is pretty much above suspicion although with boogie's flip a second look will be useful, and you've been arguing to anyone who will listen for the entire game that i'm the biggest target. You take all that to say that you were going to be today's vote?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I bet somber saves his apologies to somber for scum chat.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Additionally...

Spokes started this game playing like a noob, posting a bunch of nonsense. and managed to earnestly convince people that he is likely town.how does he pull that off without some sort of help or coaching?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spokes, Roy.

Scientastic/somber.

I think those are the two possible scum teams.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spokes posted:

How do you figure? Roy looked suspicious as hell at the end of the day, SNG was doing some bizarre role reading/fishing, I agree that Sci is pretty much above suspicion although with boogie's flip a second look will be useful, and you've been arguing to anyone who will listen for the entire game that i'm the biggest target. You take all that to say that you were going to be today's vote?

Pretty much everyone has voiced suspicion of me. If you're somehow town you're an easy vote against me. Here I'll go pull quotes

sandnavyguy posted:

Now that I’ve written it out,

The correct play is to ##vote DM Boogie

I still think you are the other scum, but Simple elimination says DM boogie works in almost all permutations.

But I’m gonna still write up why I don’t like the spokes case in a bit

Scientastic posted:

I like Spokes’ posts, they seem authentic and non-self-conscious, and I find Somber’s pushing him pretty bad too.

At the moment, just from reading the first few posts of the day, I am leaning Boogie/Somber

Do I need to go pull quotes for Roy and you too? Let me know.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Spokes, Roy.

Scientastic/somber.

I think those are the two possible scum teams.

If somber was town... why would he have placed that spokes vote down. It takes two more to hammer.

If somber was scum, putting a vote on his scum buddy is a safe move to make because the two most likely to drop a scum hammer are already involved.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Somberbrero posted:

Pretty much everyone has voiced suspicion of me. If you're somehow town you're an easy vote against me. Here I'll go pull quotes

Do I need to go pull quotes for Roy and you too? Let me know.

No, I agree you were an easy vote today. As was Roy.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Roydrowsy posted:

If somber was town... why would he have placed that spokes vote down. It takes two more to hammer.

If somber was scum, putting a vote on his scum buddy is a safe move to make because the two most likely to drop a scum hammer are already involved.

Because only four of us were present at the time. If they were reasonably certain I was town, which I pray has been solidified by this point with the whole useless dance day action that by the rules I can’t fake but which screams useless VT power, then since Roy wasn’t directly present it would at worst be locked at 2 votes since spokes wouldn’t vote themselves.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hence why I asked if Roy was present

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Roydrowsy posted:

I put that vote down because I'm pretty sure spokes is scum and if he's town he's never going to change his mind and the game is probably decided anyway, and also I'm tilted by spokes describing my contributions to this game as 'screeching.' Sand's commentary made me nervous so I unvoted.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Which is why I say it’s a null read. Scum somber would hope I’d jump on, town somber would take a gamble on vote locked safety to try and draw a scum vote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Which is why I say it’s a null read. Scum somber would hope I’d jump on, town somber would take a gamble on vote locked safety to try and draw a scum vote

Or be on tilt with relative certainty, that works too, and is still* a null read

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Pretty much everyone has voiced suspicion of me. If you're somehow town you're an easy vote against me.

That makes sense. It didn't seem like anyone else besides me had you as their #1 suspect, but with boogie gone the quotes you posted seem to move you up on folks' lists

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

What I’m saying is that going down the unvote road today will lead nowhere

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I put that vote down because I'm pretty sure spokes is scum and if he's town he's never going to change his mind and the game is probably decided anyway, and also I'm tilted by spokes describing my contributions to this game as 'screeching.' Sand's commentary made me nervous so I unvoted.

the entirety of sand's posts: "......" "Hmmmmm...." "Is Roy here yet?" made you nervous how? Did it make you suddenly feel like you couldn't stand behind your three days of cases against me? So you're admitting it wasn't a quick vote-unvote gambit, you legitimately thought (as a claimed vanilla townie) it was a good idea to put a vote down in lylo before everyone had a chance to post and claim? I certainly don't mean to "tilt" you or make you upset because at the end of the day it is all a game, but like... this is not an action I'd expect from a mafia vet on the town side.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Roy, you jailed spokes last night, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Roy, you jailed spokes last night, right?

I did.