Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Tommu posted:

You loving poo poo nerds do realize I live in Australia and when you say wheres tom???????????? why has he stopped posting????? its because hes asleep you absolute drongos.

I've skimmed through briefly and im gonna go back and read all of your terrible posting.

You’ve got quite a mouth on you for a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

IllegallySober posted:

I’m starting to get tired and hungry and nap time is close. gently caress it.

Scientastic, of the players in the game, who would you:
- Doc
- Mason
- Vig?

Tommu, same question to you.

Im going to be honest this game is a blur of bad mafia posters from the last ice age and IS and you all blur into one in my head so I'll be perfectly honest and say I would vig everyone and then vig myself.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Scientastic posted:

What did Textbook think of Tommu calling out Somber? Don’t know, no comment

What did Textbook think of the fact that Tommu didn’t vote when he made his point, but waited a little bit? Don’t know, no comment

What did Textbook think of my case against Spokes? Don’t know, no comment

What did Textbook think of the fact I immediately retracted? Don’t know, no comment

What did Textbook think when Somber voted for the brand new player? Don’t know, no comment

What did Textbook think when he was called out by name? Holy poo poo, I’m not lurking, what the gently caress dude, there’s just been nothing to comment on, but I am definitely checking the thread for mentions of my own name, that counts as playing, right?

This is a good post tho the way Scientastic is trying to portray how I voted is disengenious and boring.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tommu posted:

This is a good post tho the way Scientastic is trying to portray how I voted is disengenious and boring.

I think the way you vote is very brave and important

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I still do not agree. I still am more suspicious of the people who have not engaged much.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

Thread's been dead all goddamn day, this is hilarious.

The "cases" were all weak and forced, because this is day one. I didn't think there were any cases worth making, yet. I do not agree that there was plenty to comment on. Plenty to take note of for later, but nothing substantial enough for a case.

(I got called out my last game for checking when people were active on the forums and just not posting in the game thread. I'm not doing that anymore, but I'm still almost always hoping someone else will :justpost: in my followed threads. There's nothing else to do, what with the everything. So it's... not hard to respond when I see "oh, a new post!" What the gently caress? Look at the posting times between you two, wow, doesn't that look coordinated??? Pff)

This feels like a very defensive dramatic response to light pressure. This dude at this point still isn't hunting scum and the points made against him seem valid if easy to push past.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It feels very much like there's no real consensus here and we're just going to slouch towards textbook bc he's abrasive. Which, I mean whatever, but I'm increasingly less confident in it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Tommu posted:

That wasn’t my intention, I don’t care about the way you voted. My point was that someone (can’t remember who, can’t be bothered to check) thought it worthy of comment, but that TO didn’t.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Somberbrero posted:

I think the way you vote is very brave and important

No it isn't i post like I have crippling anger issues

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Scientastic posted:

That wasn’t my intention, I don’t care about the way you voted. My point was that someone (can’t remember who, can’t be bothered to check) thought it worthy of comment, but that TO didn’t.

Noted!

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Lurkers should chime in one way or the other so that their opinions can be catalogued for later. Otherwise the lurkers should be replaced with people who can at least be present for the game.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

That's really cute! I am not fooled.

##vote Scientastic

Call OMGUS all you want! You do. Thank you so much for trying to act like an actual mafia parent.

This post gave me a raging hardon

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

Lurkers should chime in one way or the other so that their opinions can be catalogued for later. Otherwise the lurkers should be replaced with people who can at least be present for the game.

But does this make them scum

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Tommu posted:

But does this make them scum

How in the absolute gently caress do you figure that? You want receipts for when I flip town.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

My bad, switched two words because am in the hot seat!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So, here’s my thoughts on the whole shebang:

Bouncing baby townies:

-me (obvs)
-scientastic

Boring baby null reads:
Tommu (Leaning town)
Spokes
Roy
DMBoogie
IllegallySober
Somber(leaning Scum)

Sauce Slinging Scum:

TextBook Origins
Reasoning coming shortly

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Somberbrero posted:

Textbook got riled up there real quick, would vote.

Empty quoting this

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

sandnavyguy posted:

So, here’s my thoughts on the whole shebang:

Bouncing baby townies:

-me (obvs)
-scientastic

Boring baby null reads:
Tommu (Leaning town)
Spokes
Roy
DMBoogie
IllegallySober
Somber(leaning Scum)

Sauce Slinging Scum:

TextBook Origins
Reasoning coming shortly

Stoked for this lurker's take.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

How in the absolute gently caress do you figure that? You want receipts for when I flip town.

Why are you posting about lurkers and not about scum.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Tommu posted:

Why are you posting about lurkers and not about scum.

Because I think scum can win better as lurkers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah like, it's a nine player game, there's not a lot of room to hide. And honestly I think pretty much everyone is doing like, okay?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

textbookOrigins posted:

Stoked for this lurker's take.

Okay lol you can't complain about people not posting and then call them out for lurking when they literally just posted

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah like, it's a nine player game, there's not a lot of room to hide. And honestly I think pretty much everyone is doing like, okay?

I think there's enough room to hide. Scientastic's case on me only goes through because no one else has a better option because of others not reacting and responding to jokephase in addition to myself. It's inertia.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

I mean, at this point I do think Scientastic would ping town if investigated, but I don't think it'd be because he's town.

LOL

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So null reads are pretty much because I’m not familiar with their posting styles or they haven’t posted much content, with three exceptions:

Tommu, who was scum in our last game and played it fast and hard last time is still kind of aggressive but that seems their normal play style and doesn’t seem as performative as before, so I’m leaning town on them.

Roy, who is a null read but seems very reticent to vote and kind of scared when everyone jumped on Text, which is suspicious but as I can see how maybe they were just worried the hunt was based solely on a joke post (still null, but depending on the flip maybe a Scum worried he bussed his buddy too early)

And Somber, who I have played with a couple times before and they seem a bit too cautious this close to DL than he had been in past games where he was town, making me lean scum on them.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

I think its a pretty null read tbh

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I'll get this out there more clearly: I think Scientastic is scum and playing aggressively because it looks better that way. Someone else has said he was aggressive like this in another game when -- omg what -- he was scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

textbookOrigins posted:

~digging a hole, diggy diggy hole~

(Song stuck in my head but apropos)

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

sandnavyguy posted:

~digging a hole, diggy diggy hole~

(Song stuck in my head but apropos)

So what will you say when I flip town?

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

oh no i keep responding too fast oh gosh this is so horrible!

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I don't think I can convince any of you while I'm alive!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

textbookOrigins posted:

I'll get this out there more clearly: I think Scientastic is scum and playing aggressively because it looks better that way. Someone else has said he was aggressive like this in another game when -- omg what -- he was scum.

Text, I appreciate that you came under heavy heat, and I agree that everyone’s jumped on your bandwagon pretty quickly. But, the best way to come out of this would not to be as performative, because even if you are town, building up such a staunch defense and so rapidly is pinging people like crazy

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

sandnavyguy posted:

Text, I appreciate that you came under heavy heat, and I agree that everyone’s jumped on your bandwagon pretty quickly. But, the best way to come out of this would not to be as performative, because even if you are town, building up such a staunch defense and so rapidly is pinging people like crazy

So ... posting is... bad?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

textbookOrigins posted:

So what will you say when I flip town?

If you flip town, then my list will change significantly. For one, Sci would be in trouble. Two, Roy would be far less likely to be scum because my bussing theory would be shot, and I’d lean more on Somber.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

sandnavyguy posted:

If you flip town, then my list will change significantly. For one, Sci would be in trouble. Two, Roy would be far less likely to be scum because my bussing theory would be shot, and I’d lean more on Somber.

Cool! Hope people hold you to that.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

textbookOrigins posted:

No, but less posts with more than defense and omgus, even if warranted would at least to me seem less performative and scummy.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Honestly I read Scientastic's initial post as very light pressure to get a response. It's a valid if cynical way to build a day one and I love it like I love a vb at 7:45 in the morning.

Following points.

1) textbook blows up at Scientastic. Derails game. Feels scum because its very reactive and non scum hunty.

2) is really weirdly fixated on lurkers.

3) none of this leads to a town read on him

##vote textbook

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

textbookOrigins posted:

Yours certainly is

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?