Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ready to blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ok so basically im baby

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

dmboogie shares his initials with Dave Matthews Band--an even stronger force of evil. Truly infallible logic

##vote dmboogie

bastard i voted you out once ill do it again

##vote spokes

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Scientastic posted:

This is dead boring, as a giant man-baby I demand attention and interaction, where the gently caress is everyone?!

weh

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i started a new job today so that is a partial explanation for my silence

the rest of the explanation is me being lazy

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi sorry im busy and tired

in the science vs. textbook conflict science looks worse to me imo but i want to reread before i decisively vote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah sorry I think this was a bad time for a game to start for me lmao

im gonna try to step it up ive just had like zero time today; I caught up with the thread on my lunch break but didn’t have time to like actually case

fwiw textbook is extremely reminding me of myself when I go into “oh god they think I’m scum oh god” spirals as town, especially as a newbie (I think they’re a newbie right)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##unvote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

welp that was hammer

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

I see Spokes is no longer voting dmboogie, why is he trying so hard to protect him???

lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Roydrowsy posted:

Boogie, we haven't heard much from you so far in this game.
Now might be a good time to share something?

i think textbook’s flip reflects poorly on science and i find it interesting that no one is bringing that up

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

It’s not in response to you voting me, it’s in response to just how many of your posts are covering for boogie, who I absolutely suspect. He’s made useless post after useless post but made sure to be here for hammer so nobody had any further discussion. And then today he’s clearly reading the thread but is willing to stand aside (again) and let you try to start a train on me, just like he did yesterday on textbook and that worked out great for scum

wait what are you even saying here

posting the equivalent of the fukken hammer emoji was a deliberate scheme from me? like, if I hadn’t checked votefinder to see if hammer had happened, town would’ve had more time to post?????

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

calling my posting up to this point useless is a fair point spokes you don’t need to do fifth dimensional chess to try and explain everything I’ve done as a scum tactic

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

I’m saying you were clearly watching the votes go on someone who flipped town while actively not posting (after being super-inactive in the first place and making equivocating posts), and any claim that you weren’t doing that falls flat *because* you immediately posted hammer

i was catching up with the thread not mashing f5 man

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

honestly ##vote spokes

people were apathetic towards lurker lunches last phase so here he’s trying to invent every reason in the book for me to be scummy instead of just bad so he can get town to play along with him and then when I flip town he’ll be like “well that guy was useless anyways”

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Scientastic posted:

I guess my point would be that that series of posts was something that happened that could have been commented on. Somber voted for it, and I know a lot of people dislike my stance on new players, and both of those could be comment-worthy.

To say that nothing has happened, but to reply within a minute of your own name being mentioned is disingenuous, and strikes me as someone checking the thread in case they have to defend themselves.

That is the essence of lurking: not simply being absent, but hovering around, reading the thread, but not interacting unless absolutely necessary.

looking back on the scientastic vs. textbook poo poo i find i really dont like this case

textbook obviously spiraled in a way that didnt help town but scientastic's entire case on him seems to be "hmm it's day one and you responded to someone calling you out, obvious scum"

like scientastic gives a big list of things that textbook could have commented on, and like, thats valid, but it's also day one and i think its dumb to crucify someone for not being able to do that close a read in like their second ever game, like, c'mon, saying "you could have commented on the stance i have on new players, the stance i didn't actually say in this thread" is obvious bullshit

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

idk maybe i just relate to textbook, even as a more experienced mafia player im still very reactive in my play, i read and if theres anything that immediately jumps out to me i'll comment on that, but i still find it difficult to put my detective hat on and try to wring a case outta someone's ISO

unsurprisingly enough people atting me on my twitter dot com account is always something that will jump out to me, that feels like a universal thing

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Scientastic posted:

DMB claiming my case was bullshit should have happened yesterday, he was happy to let two townies have a fight and sit back and not make any substantive comments

yeah it shouldve but i was way less engaged with the game yesterday, what can ya do, cant cry over sunken deck chairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

y'all turboed me when i was at work smh