Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

My physical copy came in a couple days ago and I just finished chapter 3 and didn’t realize how ignorant I was to even just the original of cops

Also great timing for

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1286027939948175363?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I dunno I’m pretty amazed at the book so far. I’m in Canada so it’s comparatively light here but I had no idea about the institution of police as a whole being made so overtly as a suppressive force to public movements and then being expanded to fail at every step

The chapter in school cops is surreal and I shouldn’t have decided to look up some of the vids mentioned

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Oh yeah I forgot to come back upon finishing this book a couple days ago. Echoing most people, there is a lot of confirmation in the middle but I thought the chapters near the end on border and political policing kinda picked back up. I think the author always recognizes that the problem extends beyond the police to the institutions that fund them and they try to suddenly let all that bigger rhetoric spill out in the end in the conclusion which was meh, in my opinion.