Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

as we approach Jeb's final months in office, I thought this would be a good thread to reflect on what we think the legacy of Jeb's last four years as president will be. I think a good place to start is with the election night upset nobody could have predicted -

a candidate winning every electoral vote. unreal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i will admit, i was against Mandatory Guacamole Thursday, but it started to grow on me around 2018

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

and who will ever forget jeb's now infamous speech in january about the coronavirus where he said "jeb can fix it" and that none of us needed to worry about it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:jeb:

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
I thought Jeb was done when he asked that audience to clap. But then they clapped, and then they stood, and then they voted. I don't think anyone expected that politely asking for affirmation would be so effective! That was a political revolution happening in real time and I don't think we'll ever see the likes of it again.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I still think we’re a long way from understanding what the ramifications were from his “Please Kneel” speech following the Floyd murder. It was... not as clear as anyone wanted.

Edit: and yet, somehow, somehow not as cringe inducing as his “My Daddy’s Gone” eulogy followed by his attempt to take a swing at W.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 4, 2020

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gonna walk that guac

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Who knew all the yellow on the map would presage piss?

That it was turtle piss was quite the october surprise.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
There was a video once, Maybe? By that guy who made all the absurdist videos of the politicans with the airhorn noises. And it had Jeb looking ridiculous

I know there's a few but at the end it had him look kinda angry and say "well... well gently caress you then"

I want to find that video again

Korthal
May 26, 2011

He's 6'3, but his wife looks like she's 4'11

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You can say a lot of bad things about the Jeb! Presidency, but I really like that the rate of corruption and societal decay has roughly stayed the same under him. There is a manageable amount of damage to deal with and I'm convinced that GENERIC DEMOCRAT GHOUL can roll back most of the bad stuff in their two terms and bring us back to a nice and stable decent into hell world.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
¡Jeb! When you can’t believe it’s real existence!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Craig K posted:

i will admit, i was against Mandatory Guacamole Thursday, but it started to grow on me around 2018

Who the gently caress would be against Mandatory Guacamole days?

Who does not like guacamole? I can handle a lot of weird food opinions but that's just insane.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

PT6A posted:

Who the gently caress would be against Mandatory Guacamole days?

Who does not like guacamole? I can handle a lot of weird food opinions but that's just insane.
Especially since it more or less guaranteed an open border with Mexico. With that much travel and trade he couldn't have imposed immigration or customs restrictions even if he wanted to. The guac must flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Less lovely than his brother, though that's about as low a bar as can be imagined.

Still can't believe he gave every member of Congress a little toy turtle before the SOTU speech last year though, that might be the greatest thing any President has done since Lincoln.