Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Hey Nineteen is my favorite song about dating a much younger woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

goethe.cx posted:

At least they kept it classy enough to have the much younger woman still be over 18 unlike many other older bands

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

bones 4 beginners posted:

Can I check in with the dad rock enthusiasts for their opinions on Alan Parsons project? Because I really enjoy them too!
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HEEEEEEAH

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Steely Dan is fine music, immersive yet relaxing. So only a few albums were consistently great then the quality dropped, the same can be said of almost any music act.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Steely Dan is raw rear end.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

sigher posted:

Steely Dan is raw rear end.

And who doesn’t appreciate some great rear end?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dirty Work is a great song to just vibe and commit smooth crimes to all drat night.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A band for dildos

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Reelin' in the Years is one of the most tedious songs I've ever heard.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
what if Traffic, but replace the psych jazz with smooth jazz?

check this poo poo out it's gonna blow your mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDGorIWYz-A

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

goethe.cx posted:

It’s actually about hitting on and striking out with a younger woman, and the narrator is kinda pathetic. It’s not some kiddie-fucker brag.

Also I support OP’s position

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Nooner posted:

I'm 3 years younger than you, but yeah Steely Dan loving owns.

Donald Fagen became a huge tool when playing live but drat if Royal Scam isn't one of the best albums ever
His book Eminent Hipsters is about 40% a tour diary full of complaints. I related to it.

Here's a link to a cover of the song they recorded for Gaucho and then accidentally erased: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueft748EdwM

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

cda posted:

When people say there's no such thing as white culture, point them to Steely Dan

This isn't true at all, I know several black folks that gently caress with Steely Dan, especially Aja

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Is there gas in the car?

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Is there gas in the car?

Don’t do it

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Happy Hippo posted:

This isn't true at all, I know several black folks that gently caress with Steely Dan, especially Aja

Those black folks like white culture, it's ok for them to do that if they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Steely Dad posted:

Don’t do it
I never will :(