Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
they should name themselves the Washington Space Force, its forward thinking and they can have UFO flyovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm surprised Snyder hasn't tried to sell the name as a new source of revenue

Introducing your 2021 Red Bull Washingtons

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I've decided that the funniest possible result isn't Dan Snyder or DC fans coming up with a dumb name but rather everyone getting used to "The Washington Football Team" this season and just rolling with it forever

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Washington FC would've sounded so classy.

I despise American teams that rip off soccer names like that, even if they're actually soccer teams. A football team doing it would be the worst.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm a little confused as to how Warriors became something exclusively Native American but it's a lame name anyway and people will just accuse them of trying to emulate Golden State so I don't think they should use it in any case

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's not the name so much as the context and the history of the franchise. If this was a brand new team I doubt any Native American would give a drat (viz. Golden State). But since it's the Washington Ethnic Slurs they're not getting the benefit of the doubt.

That actually makes a lot of sense and I wasn't thinking with both things in mind at once, thanks

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well if that shocked you here's a real monocle-popper

quote:

Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder conducted a "shadow investigation" of allegations that he had fostered a toxic work culture within his organization and worked closely with the NFL to monitor and, ultimately, bury the findings from an official internal investigation, according to findings by a Democrat-led U.S. House committee released Wednesday.

The U.S. House Oversight Committee released a 29-page memo on its findings, supported by more than 600 pages of depositions, on the morning that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was scheduled to testify.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
You can remind yourself of everything stupid he did up to 2010 here

You can add to the list that he sued the paper for defamation over this article

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Been thinking about this article and the incredibly aggressive lawsuit with how Snyder will deal with this stuff.

He went to the damned mattresses over this solely on the picture at the top of the article being antisemitic (and that pic wasn't necessary to be fair...I guess). And he could not address any other point in the article because they were all just true.

No matter what happens he's going to claim to be the victim and he's going to march an army of lawyers out to make everyone as miserable as possible.

I refuse to even give him that; it's very obvious he was looking for anything to get at them on. They made you the devil cause you fuckin suck, not cause of your religion, and I bet I'm not the only one who learned Dan Snyder was Jewish from this lawsuit

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh I see. Fair enough

Meanwhile not that Congress is usually any good either, but lol

quote:

Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has refused to accept service of a subpoena to appear before the House Oversight and Reform Committee, a spokesperson for the committee said in a statement Monday.

“Mr. Snyder has so far refused to accept service of the committee's subpoena,” the statement said. “While the committee has been and remains willing to consider reasonable accommodations requested by the witnesses, we will not tolerate attempts to evade service of a duly autorized subpoena or seek special treatment not afforded to other witnesses who testified in this matter. The committee will not be deterred from obtaining Mr. Snyder's testimony, and we remain committed to ensuring transparency about the toxic workplace culture at the Washington Commanders and the NFL's inadequate response."

You can just do that? Just say lol gently caress off I ain't testifying before your committee?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I ask for so little in this life and honestly Dan Snyder spilling the beans on a bunch of billionaires is an unalloyed good so please let at least one juicy thing come out next week when they blast him at the owners meeting

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CocoaNuts posted:

The Washington D.C. Attorneys General

WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorney general for the District of Columbia said he is holding a news conference about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, the latest off-field development for the NFL franchise that is the subject of multiple ongoing investigations.

The office of D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine announced Wednesday he will make a major announcement related to the team. No details were provided.

Racine's office launched an investigation into the team around the time the U.S. House Committee for Oversight and Reform referred its case, which began with workplace culture issues, to the Federal Trade Commission for potential financial improprieties.

The team is being investigated on several fronts, including by the attorneys general of D.C. and Virginia, Congress and the league. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy last week said former U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White's review on behalf of the league is ongoing and there is no timetable for when it will be completed.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2474731/amp

The Washington No, Dig UPs

quote:

ASHBURN, Va. -- The agent for Washington Commanders running back Brian Robinson took issue with the team invoking his client's shooting in their preemptive response to the District of Columbia Attorney General's upcoming announcement regarding the organization.

A Commanders spokesperson, in a statement Wednesday night, pushed back on the attorney general's possible announcement and in doing so made reference to Robinson, who in August was shot twice in the right leg during a robbery attempt while going to a restaurant in D.C.

"Less than three months ago, a 23-year-old player on our team was shot multiple times, in broad daylight," the statement began. "Despite the out -of-control violent crime in DC, today the Washington Commanders learned for the first time on Twitter that the D.C. Attorney General will be holding a press conference to "make a major announcement" related to the organization tomorrow."

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Motion to close thread, as a name has been selected.

We might as well leave it open because everyone assumes the new owners will pick another name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Suit seems like a bit of a stunt; I think it's pretty tough to make an argument for harm to consumers based on the franchise's workplace misconduct. It

yeah every person involved sucks but my initial reaction to the announcement was "uh good luck I guess"