Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Washington Washing Tons

and the logo is your mom getting a bath lol

Washington Metric Tons, just to annoy people with the metric system.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Abortions

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel like Warthogs (I think they're going to want to keep the same number of syllables) should be swapped with Generals - you can't name a sports team after a preexisting sports team that literally only exists to lose and get styled on, you might as well call them the Washington Monstars

There was already a professional football team called the Generals, the team Trump bought in the USFL.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Athanatos posted:

Doesn't Synder own the rights to Warriors or something?

I was mentioned in one of these threads he did like a decade ago, but the copyright or whatever expired.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Revive the Virginia Destroyers and MartyBall.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

All right final offer: the Washington Red Wings.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Whooping Crabs posted:

Washington Red Rockets

Washington Mr. Hands

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Cross quotin’ from NV

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I thought BangBros were the ones who usually pull out

Snyder does seem like the type to let something blow up in his face.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Washington Bangles playing Manic Monday Night Football

So would the logo be Susanna Hoffs? :heysexy:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Washington Eskimos?

This is Snyder, it’d be Washington Eskimo Brothers and the logo would be their own pimped out cheerleaders.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Let’s not forget the Saints in recent rape-y connotations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Renault FT

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Dave posted:

Sales of their new gear is probably too low and they want people to buy more merchandise before pulling the rug out.

I wonder how much of an issue that really is. Other than jerseys, some of the most basic shirt designs and a few other odds and ends, a lot of the clothing is redesigned every year anyway. They’d have new hats, jackets, a bunch of shirts, and other stuff next year no matter what.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Foreskins

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Lemon Party

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Bazooka Sharks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

il serpente cosmico posted:

What if they come back next year with an even more racist name?

I think it’s been said they may stay with Football Team through next season as well before getting another name.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah this is everything that I've read. Speculation is that Danny Boy has a name he likes, but the copyright is owned by the squatter who broke in the news over the summer and they can't come to an agreement. No idea if that is accurate, but christ I want it to be.

Yeah, there were a few stories about that, but all the details are vague. Like, one had some local real estate guy registered a fuckton of trademarks (Some of which Snyder may have had in the past but lapsed?) and it was one of those that they wanted? There was also a rumor that they had a name but Nike wanted them to wait, and with possible COVID issues impacting next season as well (Namely fans at games) they want to wait till things are normal...

Honestly, I think the biggest delay on it is Washington Football Team, while everybody laughed at first, has worked well as a placeholder and proven to not be a full on joke. Hell, it seems to be reasonably well liked. So, they’ll let that ride for longer than planned before the actual new name comes out (At which point they can sell even more new merchandise with the new name/logo).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Football Cult
Washington Football Klan
Washington Football Sexual Predators

Those are things with long, rich histories in the U.S. and very related to the franchise, much more so than Club.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:hai:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

chamois posted:

The Washington Crazy-rear end White Boys

Washington Crackers
Washington Honkys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Fine, move them to Arlington and call them the Sports Squad. Everyone will love rear end!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I couldn’t find a way to make it spell POO :negative:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington FedEx Arrows

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

chamois posted:

The Washington notgnihsaW

Snyder gonna see this and name them the Sniksder.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Washington Cockchafers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Thw Washington Dogs with Bees in their Mouths and When They Bark they Shoot Bees at You.

The Washington Robotic Richard Simmons’

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

chamois posted:

The Washington, Denzel

LeeMajors posted:

This is it

Yeah, but which version of him is the primary logo?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Meaning that was probably what they wanted and couldn’t get past the trademark stuff.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Red Scares

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I’m okay with this.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

pro starcraft loser posted:

I bet its so they could sell as much WFT as possible before changing again and selling more merch.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think of that, but it's so so plausible.

There was a rumor about this last year as well, that they could have had a new permanent name in place for this season but that the various merchandise manufacturers (Namely Nike) wanted them to stay with WFT for another year to sell more stuff since fans were gonna be back in the stadiums.

There was also the story that they were caught completely flat footed prior to all the stuff blowing up in the summer of 2020 and dropping the Redskins name. Supposedly, whatever alternative names Snyder had trademarked long in the past had lapsed and he’d been preparing to fight to keep the name until 2020 went all 2020 and it got forced on him really quick.

I doubt we’ll get the truth on how this all played out anytime soon, but I’m inclined to believe almost anything that indicates Dan Snyder is an angry, stupid person.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Turkey Trots To Water Where Is RPT Where Is Washington Football Team The World Wonders

The idea of the team being named the Admirals after they called their secondary “The Pearl Harbor Crew” in the early 80s (Because they constantly got bombed by opposing offenses :laugh:) amuses me.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why is everyone telling Boomer all this poo poo

He works for CBS and has been around forever, so he probably has some connections around the league.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

bobjr posted:

It’s all a plot to get the cheerleaders legally classified as cargo

They want to honor the memory of Tailhook.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Elephanthead posted:

All those twos it’s got to be the number twos. Your Washington poo poo

Washington 2nd Amendments :freep:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Lame :geno:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Commanders sucks.

Not only does it suck, but based on the (Admittedly meh quality shaky helicopter footage) pictures it looks like they'll be changing their uniforms too. The WFT kept the old pattern and just removed the logo, which I think was good. Washington's uniforms really haven't changed in decades, it's a classic look, and trying to update it probably won't end well. It reminds me of Tampa Bay and Cleveland making big updates in 2014-2015, everyone hating them almost immediately, and then both teams switching back to essentially their previous uniforms again as soon as the five-year limit on changes was up.

Of course, it's a way for Snyder to make money, so he'd probably do it just for that reason.

romanowski posted:

I hope dan snyder dies

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Oh right the NFL is allowing more than one helmet again which is great

But also lmao

Are they different helmets or just different stickers on them? The one with the W up front is darker in the picture, but I can’t tell if it’s just the lighting or a different shell color.

Chucktesla posted:

Lmao gently caress off with the black alternate unis

:hmmyes: they’re dumb and bad

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats to the Charmanders on their new name. Char! Char!

Washington Red Comets would have been a cooler name, and fitting because Char never really wins in the end :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AAXRu3TBA