Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

A World of Endless Blue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPbFGW1qO7E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Japanese ideas of what the Catholic Church is never get old

Anime Catholic Church is always the loving dopest poo poo. If real Catholicism was even half as cool I'd be a convert.

She's a nun of the Magdalene Order. She hunts devils with explosive silver bullets loaded with holy water. She joined to try and save her brother who was kidnapped and brainwashed by a demon who's rebelling against hell's hierarchy. She has a demonic contract with one of hell's most powerful warriors also, he kicks rear end by taking taking years off her life, and spends the rest of the time lugging her bags around. Her sidekick can open a portal to heaven by singing. She's a gambling addict and is obsessed with driving cars fast. Her adventures are set in the Roaring 20s.

The guy here works for the Eighth Sacrement Assembly. He's an Executor, which means he hunts Vampires and Wizards. The girl works for the Burial Agency, which means she hunts the Super Mega Vampires that guy is too big of a wimp to beat. Those swords they carry around are bible pages. If you throw them at somebody's shadow it pins them in place. The guy studies Bajiquan kung fu, he can break a tree in half with only about a millimeter of wind-up space. The girl carries around a pile bunker rifle made from a unicorn horn and a dead girl's soul, it negates regeneration and reincarnation at a conceptual level and disperses the soul of anything it kills. The guy is a sadist who once brought a guy back from the dead just because he liked watching how lovely that dude's life was going and how much he was suffering. The girl is the president of the tea ceremony club and is obsessed with curry.

I could go on. At length.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

On a similar note I remember the Battletech cartoon series being surprisingly good!

Intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-_-8D8R4CU

Youtube Guy Explains The Show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tkyK6eUeYU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ego-bot posted:

I've only seen two anime shows and one of them is Aldnoah.Zero.

A breakaway faction of humanity goes to Mars, finds alien tech, and comes back to take over Earth. The main appeal of the show is that the Martians have access to god-like mechs which are seemingly invincible. It's up to the heroes and their one lovely training mech to deduce the Martian mechs weaknesses through science and observation, and destroy them.

It ran for 2 twelve episode seasons and got a proper ending.

Here the hero is fighting against a mech that freezes everything that gets in a certain radius of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8obMGyKgP5A

If you like Aldnoah Zero you might like Martian Successor Nadesico. Its a more comedy oriented show, but its got some similarities that I won't go into too much for spoiler reasons.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

ITS MY TUUUUU-URN TO FLY

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm thinking of checking out SSSS Gridman soon. I loved Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad when I was a kid.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Narzack posted:

Man, this thread really highlights the lack of western sci fi animation, doesn't it? I mean, what do we have, apart from the awesome Titan AE, Disney's Treasure Planet, and Heavy Metal?

EDIT - Plus some tv shows like Reboot and Exo-Squad

I mean, I think Western Scifi Animation has a pretty tremendous pedigree, especially if you also include things that blur the lines between scifi and fantasy. Most of the Transformers franchise comes to mind immediately. Samurai Jack. The Iron Giant. I always thought 9 was underrated. Atlantis the Lost Empire is fun even if its not groundbreaking. Futurama. Invader Zim. The Voltron remake. The She-Ra remake. I could go on but this is just top of my head stuff.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I was specifically talking about the American-made Voltron remake on Netflix BTW, as I was with She-ra. For more kid-oriented/comedy-oriented content Dexter's Laboratory is still pretty classic. Time Squad is another cartoon network gem. The Duck Dodgers tv series from the 00s is fantastic, adult or child. Megas XLR.

None of this is including Superhero shows with a strong scifi bent either. Like the entire DCAU from Batman the Animated Series all the way to Justice League Unlimited, or Young Justice.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

wdarkk posted:

Isn't Megas XLR impossible to find due to some weird tax thing?

I would certainly never advocate using means other than strictly legal purchasing from the rights holder to watch an excellent animated TV show.

Certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

wdarkk posted:

Transformers wiki is amazing, one of the very few wikis with any kind of sense of humor.

There's a specific webcomic creator that I think is almost single-handedly responsible for that, he did some kind of comic about working in a toy store and Ronald Reagan is there. Its pretty great.