Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Action Jacktion posted:

Oh yeah, the protagonist is seen as a backward freak but still he's popular with the ladies. The genderless character turns female for him and even the tentacle monster wants him.

The anime doesn't adapt the whole manga so it just ends without a resolution, though supposedly a movie is coming out.

It definitely had harem anime tropes and it did suffer for them but I don't think i'd describe it as a 'harem anime'. Important female characters desiring the main character is not confined to harem anime or even anime in general. The 'gender neutral' character was always supposed to pick a gender at some point and her relationship with the main character influenced the choice.

It's still pretty badly handled and doesn't make sense with how grimdark the setting is. These people might be the last remnant of humanity and they just piss around having dates because anime.

Apparently the manga also ended abruptly and disappointingly at a point later than the abrupt anime ending. So I've never bothered reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU