Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Vernii posted:

Obligatory more people should watch Legend of Galactic Heroes link.

Crest of the Stars and its sequel series Banner of the Stars I, II, and III are good sci-fi as well with an LOGH style feel. Crest follows a young teen who's planet gets invaded by space elves (the Humankind Empire of Abh), his father becomes a quisling and surrenders the planet in exchange for governorship, and his son gets sent off to join their new benefactor's navy.

I really liked Crest of the Stars, A New hardcover translation just came out and its a interesting LN for sure.

I watched it on TechTV at 2AM, it was great!

Its one of the harder anime to track down and most people just don't know about it very well. I def suggest giving it a watch if you are looking for some pretty good Sci-Fi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Barudak posted:

As a fellow late night TechTV anime viewer who watched Crest of the Stars, I guess we have to fight to the death now.

Show was good

We shall fight by seeing who can watch reruns of Thunderbirds during the day on TechTV..

Ahh... I miss the screensavers. That place was just wacky and the IRC server was amazing!

Also the Unreal99 Games they used to host on TV!