Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I remember seeing this, but I don't think I ever got a chance to watch it. Was it any good?

I remember enjoying it. I had read this and a bunch of other Heinlein juveniles by this point so I was stoked to see an adaptation I could watch even if I was a little old for its target audience. Heinlein for all his numerous faults could spin a good adventure yarn, so the bones of the story are good and I don't recall anything they did worse than okay on in the miniseries.

I haven't watched it since it originally aired so all of this may be nonsense and kids' media tends not to hold up.

I found it on Youtube though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeZjmQbj-0

EDIT: It's got Mark Hamill!

EDIT 2: It's 90s as all hell, but I'm enjoying it.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Robotnik posted:

Unfortunately only the first season is available on dvd last I checked, but I guarantee you it's worth tracking down. If you're so inclined, lemme know and I'd be happy to help out.

Same for anyone else.

The first season is on Amazon Prime as well. I found a playlist on Daily Motion with what looks like the whole series but I don't want to link here it because I'm not sure if that counts as :filez:. If I'm wrong and a mod gives the okay then I'll post it.