Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
من همجنسگرا هستم
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
View Results

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Crocs! They look like butt. Do they feel good?

If shoes are like a RPG character the 1 point in STY means the other points are allocated in CMF right? I have pretty high expectations of these because if I ever get a pair, i'm going to be known as the idiot who wears crocs. Looks like they're meant to be worn without socks, but I can only imagine those things smell horrific before long then right? I pride myself on having odorless shoes and I would be very sad if these were gross smelly things.

Are there any other sandals/flipflops for the summer months that I can wear that dont make me look like a disgusting domesticated dad?

luv 2 hear your thots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I voted for Kazakhstan OP hope this helps you in your quest, godspeed.

Sawyer9000
Oct 15, 2005

Using power or being used by power... is that not a problem... of the heart?
Crocs with socks are extremely comfortable and look terrible. Its the ultimate style/comfort exchange.

Bear Trade
Aug 8, 2010
its not worth it

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I own a pair of crocs. I wear them doing garden stuff in the summer. I like that I can spray them with a hose to clean them off. I do not find them particularly comfortable.

I think they offer more points for utility factor than comfort or style.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
They're extremely light weight and breezy yet offer a reasonable amount of protection.
You need the ones with the holes if you're not going to wear socks otherwise as you surmise they can get pretty sweaty.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

no shoes, OP

City Slicker
May 28, 2020

If dubya can pull it off, so can you

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

lol those socks rule tbh

literally

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My favorite thing about Crocs is that they easily get caught in escalators.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
If my feet weren't saved by work boots once when a shithead contractor overflowed the boiler's blowdown tank and 240 degree water sluiced out like someone dropped a trashbag full of heated water on the floor right in front of me, I would wear Crocs at work every day. They are so goddamn comfortable. Also, after 40 you don't care.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
Crocs are great but they turn into a slip and slide if you haven’t got socks on. 7/10 shoe. 8/10 with jibbitz.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There are Croc stores in Manhattan. They sell only Crocs. It's upsetting.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I have a pair of crocks for when I step outside for a minute, like to smake a cigarette, check the mail, talk to a neighbour, etc. They're absolutelt perfect for that, and if I did any gardening I'd probably wear them for that too.

But no way in hell would I wear them in public.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And ex-girlfriend would bring her Crocs over when she'd stay the night and I attempted to train my cat to poo poo in them.

The Persian Funk
Jun 13, 2006

by Athanatos

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And ex-girlfriend would bring her Crocs over when she'd stay the night and I attempted to train my cat to poo poo in them.

Single guys with cats are creepy af.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm married, but thanks for playing.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I wore crocs when I worked in a hospital. They were great, but my feet are already big, so the crocs were like loving clown shoes. Constantly tripping and banging my feet on poo poo. I stopped getting ingrown toenails when I switched to them, though.

Now I just wear them in my backyard. I accidentally melted a pair when I was sitting by the fire.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Taeke posted:

I have a pair of crocks for when I step outside for a minute, like to smake a cigarette, check the mail, talk to a neighbour, etc. They're absolutelt perfect for that, and if I did any gardening I'd probably wear them for that too.

But no way in hell would I wear them in public.

Same except I wear them in public if I'm just going to the 7/11 at 11pm for whatever bullshit I need. Idgaf any more.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In all honesty, I can see the obvious advantages for Crocs in kitchens, hospitals, gardening, etc. It's the lazy motherfuckers that are shuffling around at 5pm with a lit cigarette hanging out of their mouths that I hope get sucked into an escalator.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't own any, but they seem like slippers you wear with socks.

I'm pretty happy with sandles, but I got looks sometimes when I wear jeans with sandles. gently caress off, I'm old and have kids, I don't give a poo poo how I look when I get groceries.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 5, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Crocs are good water shoes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Crocs are good for camping. They are easy to slip on and off but you can also flip the heel strap around to go into all-terrain mode.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
They're comfortable but when equipped give like -10 on charisma

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
They are white trash rubber clogs thanks for coming to my ted talk

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Stockholm posted:

They're comfortable but when equipped give like -10 on charisma

I put all my skill points into Strength anyway, that way I can impress people by carrying a lot of armor and gold/bottlecaps

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
My mom wears crocks, bug

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Very comfortable, but too sweaty in the heat without socks. I have a high arch and Croc-brand crocs don't fit me (not high enough), though some knockoffs do.

The Persian Funk
Jun 13, 2006

by Athanatos

Mrs. Sexual posted:

My mom wears crocks, bug

Could you please post a picture of your mom?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My toddler wears crocs on the reg and seems to enjoy them. To be fair he also laughs every time he poops in the toilet.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

The Persian Funk posted:

Could you please post a picture of your mom?

Sub microwave quality

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

crocs are perfect shoes

theyre more comfortable than 99% of what you can buy
they last longer than 99% of other shoes
they float
they breathe
and they even have non-slip grip

but they look bad so only other geniuses are willing to wear them in public and when you see them you can nod at them knowingly as you are demi-gods walking amongst apes

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
What you're going to want to do is get a pair of Birkenstock's, not the leather ones, but the plastic ones. Every benefit the Croc has to offer, but stylish enough that people won't realize you post on a web 1.0 message board.

Adidas slides are also casual but respected, the ones with the cloud foam are extremely comfy. They are not waterproof though, so they are better used as an around the house shoe instead of the all terrain utility shoe role the Birks can fulfill.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Sounds like crocs are pretty good actually except ugly and hating on them is just a dumb meme or something lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Birkenstocks = Lesbian sandals

They certainly work for trans and non-binary people too, but straight women should be legally prohibited from wearing them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Get the ones that look like actual shoes OP

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Len posted:

Get the ones that look like actual shoes OP

yes get the one that looks like a wet paper bag lovingly wrapped itself around your foot and dried

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

nottttttttttttttttt

get the ugliest loving ones

its a power move

Michaelis
Dec 29, 2019
Adidas flip flops are much more comfortable. Crocs are hot and sweaty as hell to me, even with the holes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XA Shere
Apr 18, 2019
I have some crocs for my dental assisting internship. They are more comfortable than Dansko.